Pre Rd 3 Trades

Discussion in 'AFL' started by Holey, Apr 3, 2011.

1. Zander

Zander Moderator

@canada blues

Pederson played rd1, but Petrie was suspended, he got a high score as he was just running around on his own, (as was Cox who got 3 million points), last week Petrie was back in the team and Pederson played reserves. Freako said he got 97 Dreamteam points, so he might only come back when theres another injury?

As far as trading Tapscott or Curnow in, look at the last 13 pages, theres big debates for it and against. I'm still stuck on the fence.

2. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

Pederson was very unlucky to be dropped but with North's abundance of talls (even with McIntosh) he just doesn't seem to fit the team structure.
    Personally I would go Conca to Libba and pocket some cash. But if you want to keep a slow burner keep him.
    Stick with your midpricers. If you simply must have Tapscott, trade him in for Richo.

3. Ugottabjokin

Ugottabjokin New Member

Well i'm in a similar predicament to most others.

Have decided to trade out Richardson for Tapscott this week as have Rioli in the forward line and provides me some cover and gives me a better cash cow that will go up quicker so can trade out earlier.

In the mids i am deciding if to make the trade of Cooney to Curnow. This gives me $374,300 in the bank and a similar scoring player at this stage. Cooney will probably go down in value, but then again does have the GC this week with Libba. Then with Conca on the bench wait to see how Libba goes against the GC and with him having the round 4 bye allows Conca to increase in value twice to Libba's once. Gives me an extra week to decide to pull the trigger on Conca.

Then wait until after the round 6 and Pies round 7 bye and decide who i want and will be able to trade up several times by round 10. Curnow has the bye in round 8 so probably the perfect time to upgrade him before round 9 but could be a keeper, will know by then.

Only downside is missing the Doggies scores against GC and the expected drop for Curnow against the Pies.

Does anyone see this fraught with peril?

Not so worried about number of trades with the increase this year. Still have my full allotment and sitting in just over 5000th position.

4. Tigerman

Tigerman New Member

Thommodees - Another story in the Heraldsun today about Hille missing, which lists all the ins and outs for Essendon this week, including the sub (wont be Lovett-Murray again). Possibles to come in are listed as: Monfries, Slattery, Reimers, Coyler, Prismal and Gumbelton.
    http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/essendon-ruckman-david-hille-ruled-out-of-saints-clash/story-e6frf9jf-1226035193373

NO mention of Hibberd at all. If Hibberd isn't named, time to trade him out I reckon. Even if he gets named for this weekend, he is still 2 weeks behind Curnow and Libba in the earning stakes, and of unknown form and JS potentially behind that list of players given above.

5. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

I don't think his JS is that bad, its just getting into the team fit is tough for him. Once he's in I reckon he'll do well.

That all but cements Hibberd going - as many have said, he will now be a perfect downgrade target with Mzungu and Callinan.

6. Flameboy23

Flameboy23 New Member

Does anyone see value in Bob Murphy down back and with MPP forward?

7. Shenanigans

Shenanigans New Member

If Murphy can keep up his 100 ave, great value. Not sure about trading in a midpricer, but if you think he will be a keeper... (playing GC this week, but then the bye)

8. Flameboy23

Flameboy23 New Member

I'm seeing him as a POD and definitely a better option than Everitt who is currently spudding it up in my backline!!!

9. Dirty Dog

Dirty Dog Guest

Also, give consideration to Tapscott who has 3 pretty soft games plus a bye coming up. Though need to consider two interstate games to Goldy and Perth.

10. chugguar

chugguar New Member

hmm to ditch gilbert, or to put up with gilbert??????

11. JMac

JMac Member

Im thinking of offloading Jolly for either R Warnock or Benny McEvoy and pocketing close to 100k. Thoughts?

12. tAdmin

tAdmin Guest

What are you planning on using the 100k for?

13. JMac

JMac Member

nothing set in stone at this point. later upgrades. always handy to have the cash

14. RickJames

RickJames New Member

Do you guys reckon Didak to Chappy is a wasted trade?
    Didak about to lose a shiteload of value and I reckon Chappy will average 20ppg more than him anyway....

15. tAdmin

tAdmin Guest

Personal opinion follows.

I don't like trading into mid-pricers. Simply because in most cases, you will have to /want to upgrade them later in the season. Particularly in the Rucks, where there are two stand out performers.

So I guess my first question is can you afford Cox (assuming you have Sandi at R1)?

If you can afford him, get him and you won't have to worry about your Rucks for the rest of the year. Except for y'know byes and injuries.

If you can't afford Cox, I suppose 100k is nice to have around, but I'd want to have a plan on who I was going to upgrade and to who, and in what round. Something that would give my team an advantage to pay for the trade used. Like trading in Goodes post RND 5. It's hard to give examples without knowing your team.

I stress the value of having a plan/strategy/vague dream because it's what stops you from making unnecessary trades. It's beneficial to have a good reason not to trade, as the reason to trade will always be plentiful.

My 2c.

16. JM

JM Member

G'day lads and lasses.

Would like to know people's thoughts on this trade. I want to trade in Tapscott for either Prestia or Dixon. Who should I offload? Prestia or Dixon?
    Thanks

17. spud

spud New Member

A bit early to call that one, JM, especially after only one match in which they got thumped!

Both looked alright. Dixon was a good tall focal target for them when going forward, while I feel Prestia may be able to find more of the ball due to his size and ability to perhaps play around the ground if needed - Dixon could suffer if GC are really starved of the ball in their forward line.

18. GeneralHodge

GeneralHodge New Member

I'm still not convinced on Prestia's JS. I'd keep the slow burning Dixon.

19. Albertonflyers

Albertonflyers New Member

Long-time listener, first-time caller. Love this site. Been doing Supercoach for about five years and this has been my best start to a year, mainly because of advice on TS. Had all the top five rookies in my team from the start except for Curnow, who I will bring in this week for Hibberd. Also pondering ditching Nathan Foley before his price drops for Patrick Dangerfield. Will pick up Dangerfield's projected price rise plus he's a MPP. Thoughts?

20. phil_nev

phil_nev New Member

Hey Guys,

Long time lurker first time poster...

My mids are Swan, Pendles, Selwood, Montagna, ward, Libba with Haris, Swallow & heppel on the pine.

Am considering trading ward for curnow but not convinced... Think its a bad idea actually but need someone else to say so as well. Thoughts?

Cheers,

Philby