Boak>Pendlebury + Swallow>Libba?

Discussion in 'AFL' started by gish, Apr 9, 2011.

1. gish

gish New Member

I would like some advice regarding whether I should trade Boak for Pendlebury? To do this I would also need to trade Swallow for Libba. I was going to trade Libba in regardless but originally for Bewick.

My mids are Swan, Gibbs, Goodes, Boak, Cotchin, Heppell (Harris, Swallow, Bewick)

2. martyg

martyg Well-Known Member

Sound trades.

3. dean771

dean771 New Member

I wouldn't be trading out swallow.

If you are going to drop him after scoring 70 in his only game why was he ever in your side to start with

4. Kate

Kate New Member

Hey guys, need some advice - trade in Libba or Curnow?

5. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

Big debate on whats best there Kate. If you read through the blog you'll find great discussion on it.

Libba is good for short term as he has a low breakeven and is playing the suns, while Curnow, with a low breakeven also, is playing the pies. However Carlton's bye positioning of round 8 makes Curnow the better choice for me.
    Both (I think) have relatively similar JS. Curnow is mature aged so may last longer.
    Both are named on benches this week, which isn't preferable but not that bad.

I'm going both, but would prob go for Curnow if forced with a choice.

Also depends if you have Judd/Duigan/Gibbs + any other Blues for the round 8 bye.

6. spud

spud New Member

No, Gish.

Pendles would be nice to have in but not at the expense of trading out Swallow. You started with him in the first place because he looked like a superstar in the making. To think he scored as he did in what will be one of GC's biggest losses (you'd think they'll get better with each week) you have his scoring floor.

You already have Swan, Pendles can come in after the Pies bye or if he drops later on. The Pies have had two very easy games and his scores are likely to come back to a more normal figure as they start to play teams that know what taggers are.