Round 4 Trades

Discussion in 'AFL' started by Iain (BlueBeliever), Apr 11, 2011.

1. blues82

blues82 New Member

my team is: B: Gibbs Goddard Deledio Hurley Lower Otten Grimes (Duigan Guthrie Toy)
    M: Swan Goodes Boak Rockliff Savage Krakoar (S.Buckly D.Swallow M.Wallace) R: Sandy Cox (Bellchambers,Keffe)
    F: Tappscott S.Johnson Higgins N.Rewolt Grundy Franklin Yarran (Darling Matera Mckernan)
    any ideas on who i should trade? I need to get rid of guthrie and im not sure about wallace or buckly, should i stick with them for now or try and find suitable trades?

2. spud

spud New Member

Currently looking at sitting tight at the moment.

Lester and Bewick are average at best, and both have the bye this week. But Lester might rack up a few points against the Sainters the following week up at the Gabba. Will both be downgrade targets should another fast-rising rookie start to appear. Until then, I'll probably hold tight and hope they can claw their way up slowly.

The first of the multi byes is upon us. Exciting times! Though one less game of footy to watch...boo.

3. Sainterz12

Sainterz12 Member

I have Didak and Green in my team who are seriously underperforming.

My thoughts are to let Green hopefully go well against GC then trade him out for Higgins the week after. I also have Patrick Ryder and want to get him out for Dean Cox.

What do you guys think of these choices (For both SC and DT as I have identical teams in both. I based them around DT scores yet somehow I am going wicked in SC, scoring 2271 this week)

4. RAR

RAR New Member

Not sure what to do with Buckley either. Hard side to get back into depending on how many weeks for a groin injury.

Have excess cash $320k from a downgrade to Heppell last week and could do with some cover down back as I am currently looking like playing, Broughton, Grimes, Grundy, Heppell, Lower, Duigan, & Stanley next week with only Toy as a potential emergency with Buckley & Lester.

Not a lot to pick from given the need to manage the multi bye rounds. Considering Bock, Scott McMahon, Hurley or sideways to catch McKernan.

Great site (only found it this year). Appreciated any advice.

Thanks

Ross

5. MrNOYFB

MrNOYFB New Member

<blockquote>Quote from blues82 on April 11, 2011, 19:25
    my team is: B: Gibbs Goddard Deledio Hurley Lower Otten Grimes (Duigan Guthrie Toy)
    M: Swan Goodes Boak Rockliff Savage Krakoar (S.Buckly D.Swallow M.Wallace) R: Sandy Cox (Bellchambers,Keffe)
    F: Tappscott S.Johnson Higgins N.Rewolt Grundy Franklin Yarran (Darling Matera Mckernan)
    any ideas on who i should trade? I need to get rid of guthrie and im not sure about wallace or buckly, should i stick with them for now or try and find suitable trades? </blockquote>

Toy and Keeffe are all rookies that aren't playing, you should of traded them out before the price rise. I'm not sure about Buckley, I don't think he played last week though. Now that all the good rookies have risen in price you won't be able to trade a non-playing rookie in for a good rookie, unless you use two trades and use another player to get cash.

Last week Curnow, Libba, Heppell, Lower, Tapscott were all about 100k to 120k

The only thing I can think of is have a look at the Gold Coast, Adelaide, and Nth Melbourne. They've all had a bye and have only played 2 games, so their rookies haven't changed value yet.

Nth - Pederson, Tarrant
    GCS - Harris, Bennell, Tape, Smith
    Adl - Smith

6. spud

spud New Member

<blockquote>Quote from Sainterz12 on April 11, 2011, 20:08
    I have Didak and Green in my team who are seriously underperforming.

My thoughts are to let Green hopefully go well against GC then trade him out for Higgins the week after. I also have Patrick Ryder and want to get him out for Dean Cox.

What do you guys think of these choices (For both SC and DT as I have identical teams in both. I based them around DT scores yet somehow I am going wicked in SC, scoring 2271 this week)</blockquote>

Diddles should have an absolute field day against the Tigers on Friday night. The only issue might be whether there are enough points to go around if the midfield completely dominate and take most of the points - although a fair whack of the hawks blokes managed to score pretty well on the weekend against them, simply Richmond as a whole didn't get much of the points pie.

7. Thunda

Thunda New Member

Rucks; Cox, Sandi, Petrie, Keefe. Keefe is the only rookie in my team not getting a game. Should I trade in Smith or save the trade, Keefe has been named as emo at least once.

8. meataxe

meataxe Guest

G'day Thunda, I am considering the same thing as well. Smith looks a solid sub as well as a feasible cash cow too...and you might gain some flexibility if you decide to link Petrie to the forwardline via MPP.

Can't think of too many downsides, aside from spending a trade, but hey that's what they're there for.

9. banz

banz New Member

@RAR

Like the look of Scott McMahon as well mate, he is looking more like 2009 than 2010. Two solid mid 90's in losing teams. getting a bit of the footy and using it well.

Would be a nice in as would smooth the next 3 weeks out, I just keep looking at his 2010 scores and start to worry....

10. saborn

saborn New Member

I've got a non-performing mid rookie issue at the moment. I've got bewick and irons on my bench.

I'm thinking I should trade irons to harris this week. I only had to use the one trade last week (Curnow) so I don't mind doing a little bit more rookie adjusting.

I'm prepared to sit it out with Bewick until another rookie pops up in the next few weeks.

11. whufc

whufc New Member

What do people think i should do with my team at this stage, i havent used a trade yet and have 11400 in the bank. My team is

Defenders- Gibbs, Deledio, Goddard, Grimes, Lower, Duigan, Stanley, Otten, Lester, Markovic

Midfielders- Swann, Pendlebury, Boyd, Dal Santo, Liberatore, Heppell, Duncan, Harris, D.Swallow

Rucks- Sandilands, Cox, Campbell, Derickx

Forwards-Rioli, Goodes, Riewoldt, S.Johnson, Tapscott, Krakouer, Prestia, Morton, Richardson, I.Smith

12. easty01

easty01 New Member

G'Day All

Appreciate your thoughts on ditching Petrie for Rioli this week - or hold off and go Petrie to Higgins next week (depending on what Petrie produces against Freo).

I'm going for the league win and have 300k in the bank - Rioli would leave me with 55k, Higgins would leave me 115k.

Current forward set-up is:

Riewoldt, Franklin, Goodes, S.Johnson, Petrie, Krakouer, Tapscott (Darling, Matera, Richardson)

13. jpsands

jpsands New Member

Was thinking of offloading Maxwell for Rookie (to generate cash for Sandy in Ruck) either Pedersen (NTH) or Watson (CARL).
    My Back line atm is Gibbs, Deledio, Grimes, Heppell, Goddard, Lower, (Duigan, Maxwell, Buckley).

Appreciate any advice as im new to all this cheers.

14. GaryReal

GaryReal Member

@jpsands - makes sense to buy B. Smith adelaide or maybe pederson cos he's a good scorer but unsafe.
    @whufc - mate your team looks pretty good, just hold tight. only def trade is get the ruckman zach smith in.
    @easty - hold for a week, see petrie rise, then grab higgles, methinks. cos cyril will have a bye next couple weeks again.

15. Whyt_ee

Whyt_ee New Member

views on Broughton would be appreciated.

16. CHUD

CHUD New Member

<blockquote>Quote from Whyt_ee on April 12, 2011, 12:08
    views on Broughton would be appreciated.</blockquote>

I got rid of him in favour of Enright. Decided on Enright as fewer people have him compared to Broughton. Risky trade I know but I'm willing to take a few risks after an awful rnd 3 score of 2063

17. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

@easty01

Probably cutting my own throat suggesting this since we are in the same league:

Think about Petrie into Cyril taking advantage of any byes (i.e., after Hawthorn's) + price rises for Petrie and combine this strategy with Krak (or a fat MID) into Higgins (Higgins having the bye this week, so no price rise).

@Whyt_ee

Have a look at the R3 review thread on the main page for some thoughts on Broughton.

18. bosco

bosco Member

Hi guys. Having my best start to SC season after finding sites like this and taking mostly GnR strategy. Still not quite up 2 the standards of many scores mentioned here. Great site and probably my favorite.

Anyway, considering getting rid of bewick this week (shoulda last week but anyway) and maybe getting pittard. Any thoughts about him?? Up 2 it, job security, scoring potential in very ordinary team??

Mids - pendles, goddard, selwood, harris, d. swallow, shiels, libba, prestia, bewick

19. Mattoc

Mattoc New Member

just a quick one, cotchin out bartel in? thoughts?

20. Shenanigans

Shenanigans New Member

@hippy - Ed Barlow plays for WBD... the comparison is funny, but you are confusing the issue.