Round 4 Trades

Discussion in 'AFL' started by Iain (BlueBeliever), Apr 11, 2011.

1. Jimbowan, do it.

2. Quantum

Quantum New Member

trading out conca, but should i trade in Harris or Prestia?

Or knights out for Prestia?

3. HeavyMen

HeavyMen Well-Known Member

@jimbowan
    problem solved - Irons out :)

4. vaughan

vaughan New Member

Worth trading Yarran for Rioli and Magin for Brodie Smith this week....any thoughts

5. BuddyBeauty

BuddyBeauty New Member

Hmm. I was thinking on trading Otten for Smith, then upgrading Duncan to Rioli. The problem with that is that I would be just short by 5k. Maybe trade Otten to someone cheaper like Mckernan? Then I would have enough cash. Or alternatively, I can just save the trades this and bench Duncan for Swallow? And Otten on field.. or Pederson? Thoughts?

6. Thunda

Thunda New Member

Thinking, Otten for B.Smith and Keefe for Z.Smith.
    Last chance to do these trades.

7. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

I wouldn't go jumping off Duncan just yet. Its only general soreness.

Otten to B Smith I'm not completely sold on either. Players are quite similar. However I will be pulling the trigger on KHunt to Smith later on today.

8. melbandy

melbandy Active Member

I think Yarran >Rioli is too sideways. Also Duncan to Rioli is a bit premature. You'll get more out of him yet.

I'm in the how to get Rioli in dilemma as well. Thinking of freeing up some cash by trading R. Warnock in the ruck to Z.Smith, then getting rid of Knights in the forward line and slotting the magic man in.

I know Warnock is going OK but plan to get Cox after the bye and don't want to miss Rioli now as he will go up and probably outscore Warnock. Figure will make it up with extra cash to get Cox. Have Sandi as R1

Or should I save the trades? My head hurts.

9. Like a V6

Like a V6 New Member

is everyone holding onto Irons?

Subbed last week then dropped this week - not good signs.

10. pjay79

pjay79 New Member

i am also trying to decide whether to drop Irons or not. thinking Irons > Prestia ... the FWD/MID link might be handy over the next 3 rounds..

PJ.

11. Gtrain

Gtrain Guest

<blockquote>Quote from BlueBeliever on April 13, 2011, 20:21
    Oh yeah, and Hirdy's been giving Hurley big wraps too apparently. "At Windy Hill, Essendon coach James Hird is reservedly enthusiastic about his young forward.

He has told people that if Hurley is not Essendon's best player now, he will be in 10 weeks." Mark Robinson-Herald Sun
    </blockquote>

Is it an achievement to be the best player at Essendon?

12. I'd say it's an achievement to be the best player in any club, and Watson's currently averaging 122 from 3 games. If Hurley can beat that (which is doubtful but still) I'd say he's one of the best forwards in SC

13. Gtrain

Gtrain Guest

yeah was just a bit of a jab at bomber supporters
    ;)

14. I gathered, I'm just hoping a few will still offer me some advice. Once lockout starts I'm sure I'll have a few jabs of my own...

15. WillS

WillS Member

<blockquote>Quote from pjay79 on April 15, 2011, 12:06
    i am also trying to decide whether to drop Irons or not. thinking Irons > Prestia ... the FWD/MID link might be handy over the next 3 rounds..

PJ.

</blockquote>

I'm in the same situation with Irons

Defenders are Enright, Gibbs, Broughton, Heppell, Lower, Duigan, Bock (Goddard, Stanley, Otten)

Mids are Pendlebury, Curnow, Deledio, Kennedy, Harris, Atley, (Boyd, Conca, Irons)

Rucks Are Sandi, Cox Bellchambers, Keeffe

Forwards Are Franklin, Goodes, Rioli, Tapscott, Darling, Krakouer, Dangerfield (N Riewoldt, Richardson, Dixon)

Considering trading out Irons for Prestia to activate M/F link with Goodes, Krak & Dangerfield in the forward line.

Also tempted to dump Keeffe for Z Smith & be content with some decent ruck cover for the rest of the season.

Only done the one trade so far (Hibberd - Curnow) after round 2.

I think Andy Otten has too much potential to be trading out at this stage.

76K in the kitty.

Any suggestions for better alternatives?
    Or just hold for this round?

16. mo_cheeks

mo_cheeks New Member

Hi all,

I am going for league wins, however, I have Harvey and considering Rioli. I know Rioli has the bye in rd6, but by that stage they will be about &#36;40k apart in price, whereas right now, I could trade for Rioli and bank an extra &#36;30k in cash. Current averages will give me extra points to boot if they both perform as they are now.

What to do?

Cheers.

17. Shenanigans

Shenanigans New Member

Hold, mo.

Boomer is struggling so far, but has games against Richmond and Port R5 & 6. He should be averaging 100, and he could well bring it up after those games. You also lose MPP with that trade. Don't do it.

@Wills - who is other ruck? if you get through the first 4 rounds with only those 3 trades, you should be happy. I think they are worth the trade (unless you can keep Keefe and trade a non-playing ruck for Smith - Keefe will probably play a bit later in the season, and MAY be another back up/late cow)

18. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

@ Steve

I dont mind Irons to Prestia as a trade at all, just be wary that Prestia may be affected by their "rotation policy" sooner rather than later. But if you want him primarily for DPP then its a fair trade.

19. WillS

WillS Member

<blockquote>Quote from Shenanigans on April 15, 2011, 14:03
    Hold, mo.

Boomer is struggling so far, but has games against Richmond and Port R5 & 6. He should be averaging 100, and he could well bring it up after those games. You also lose MPP with that trade. Don't do it.

@Wills - who is other ruck? if you get through the first 4 rounds with only those 3 trades, you should be happy. I think they are worth the trade (unless you can keep Keefe and trade a non-playing ruck for Smith - Keefe will probably play a bit later in the season, and MAY be another back up/late cow)</blockquote>

Not sure what you mean by who is the other ruck. The rucks are Sandilands, Cox, Bellchambers and Keeffe. Just couldn't see Keeffe breaking into the side. He's been an emergency for a couple of weeks, and now that the pies are playing the tigers he's off the list completely, even though Jolly is out.

Cheers for the response.

20. Like a V6

Like a V6 New Member

Good team Willis

What do people think the likelihood is that irons will be back?
    Not really keen on a non-playing midfield rookie, bit devo I didn't get pittard but he was the cheapest playing midfield rookie

I think prestia is probably the best option this week for rookies on the bubble, other than swallow/Harris, not sure it's worth the trade tho if prestia gets rotated