Time to go Cameron Bruce?

Discussion in 'AFL' started by swerva3, Apr 19, 2011.

1. swerva3

swerva3 New Member

Hi All,

Just a new thread to discuss C Bruce. Not sure he was the right premium back at the start of the season and some low scores have hurt his value significantly. Ive held tight but with another BE of 173 and a loss near $100k is he the K Tippet of 2011?

Options are to sideways(ish) into Newman or Shaw. Newman (BE 133) has some nice scoring games coming up in Melbourne while Shaw (BE 85) rips up the Bombers. With Swan, Pendles and Krak already in my team and Pies R7 bye im concerned about loading up on Pies but Shaw looks a better option and keeper for the season.

Thoughts?

2. BennyC88

BennyC88 Member

It's pretty hard for a player to go into a new system. He's being eased in for the Hawks but he is a champ. In a way, I knew he'd drop off. I think he'll be a good pick up later on in the season, he is a champ after all.

If the decision is to trade, Newman would be quite a good pickup. If you want Shaw, I'd aim to get him after the bye if you got the cash when that time comes around.

3. Ugottabjokin

Ugottabjokin New Member

I'm a Hawks man a i don't know what posessed you to get Bruce in the first place. Was always going to be thrown around as was gotten for his versatility. Also very hard to break into the Hawk's midfield compared to Melbourne's.

With that said look at Rob Murphy. Break even of 47 and has MPP status. Will make you $21,100 due to price being lower. Also had the bye already. Freo, Pies,Sydney and Richmond next 4 weeks not the best but definately some upside. First 3 weeks against weaker opponents though. Bombers, Bribane and GC.

Assuming you don't have him.

4. swerva3

swerva3 New Member

@Ugottabjokin

Cheers mate, yeah i dont have Rob Murphy and i guess the thought of Bruce in a stronger side across half back was tempting. He looks a bit slow to me as well...maybe the Dees knew something??

Murphy killed me last year i think it was and i tend to stick with a grudge! Would prefer Newman particularly as i think the Tiges will continue to improve. Shaw is also on the watchlist for after the bye, maybe even the R13 bye if he hasnt gone through the roof by then.

@BennyC88

Thanks for the heads up, i guess i gave him a bit more credit than to struggle for 4 weeks. It will be some time b4 he gets back to 500k so i think a trade is on the cards.

5. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

C.Bruce looks terminal for SC to me. Jump off, justify by calling it a "correction" trade if you like, and pick a different keeper for your backline.