seeing what difference good trades make

Discussion in 'AFL' started by TheTassieHawk, Mar 10, 2011.

1. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

The next 3 rounds will definitely sort us out. I'm not looking forward to when Melb, Syd and WCE have a bye in round 5. Will cause havoc in our forward lines.
    If only a m/f DPP link was set up!! (I'm lookin at you Sixx hahah!)

2. TheTassieHawk

TheTassieHawk SC fanatic Staff Member

i will be holding off trading this week, normally woudl have fingers crossed with no mid bench to help but no so worried with about half of us in the same boat!

next week is more of a tough call though - Trading in Tapscott leaves 4 fowards having the bye and again this looks like most coaches did this trade - I am considerign whether to take the "0" or instead (like Nick pehaps) trade out a mid to get the Mid/Fwd MPP happening - unfortunately several midpriced MPP options are "OUTS" this week will reassess late next week

3. FunkSoulBrother

FunkSoulBrother Member

OK. well Casey Crushers is ready to take a few risks. Lets see how they go.

Out Goddard & Montagna

In Ablett & Harvey (went for Harvey due to late bye now and also to activate MPP with Forwards)

Am looking to bring Goddard back next week.

4. HeavyMen

HeavyMen Well-Known Member

Gutsy move FSB

Hope it pays off for you & you move up the overalls with those extra points this round.

Who was in the mix with Harvey?
    Didak, Pav, MCGlynn?

5. FunkSoulBrother

FunkSoulBrother Member

Was keen on Didak, and Pav but didnt really consider McGlynn.

But ultimately Harvey got the nod because of his bye situation. However, if no byes I would have gone Didak. His price drop was tempting.

And he went well tonight too!!

I thought it would be a bit boring if we all did the same thing. So spiced it up a bit.

We are really in uncharted waters with these byes. So will be interesting.

6. Julz88

Julz88 New Member

Not as gutsy as FSB but I went out otten in smith (adel) out bewick in curnow as i didnt bring him in last week and the salasry predictor still has him to rise a fair bit so thought better to jump on than not at all. anyone not have swan as captain?

7. FunkSoulBrother

FunkSoulBrother Member

Swan for captain. Was nearly gonna flick it to Rioli and even considered my new inclusion G Jnr.

But on that wiser head prevailed and I went Swan

8. crazyet

crazyet New Member

sound interesting. ill go in

9. Shenanigans

Shenanigans New Member

FSB - sounded good till Ablett doesn't play. Spewing those gambles don't always pay off.

10. FunkSoulBrother

FunkSoulBrother Member

yeah..oh well..i shouldve gone S.Thompson!!

Had Pittard as emerg..so no major damage done points wise.

11. FunkSoulBrother

FunkSoulBrother Member

well just realised that I have munched a donut with Lower in DEF moved my DEF emerg to Ruck in case Sandi didnt play. Not happy

Too busy friday to get my act together totally and I missed the info re lower and also prob should have been better informed on G Jnr seeing as how I now find out he didnt train during the week.

12. TheTassieHawk

2317 for my team - managed to get the emg selections spot on this week so hopefully I should move up the standings a little

13. Julz88

Julz88 New Member

good news looks like dofa perfect square picked captains etc with a weekly score of 2327!!!
    hopefully swallow this will join us soon!
    well done anthak with the top score. only had me by 3 though! thats what i get for trading out otten!

14. FunkSoulBrother

FunkSoulBrother Member

2281 for me. Very happy with my trade Montagna to Harvey. Opening up MPP will be important I think too.

Obv Ablett pulling out killed me. So not happy there. In hindsight and with some time to think about it more. There were much better and cheaper options.

But hey thats what this game is going to be about. See how things work out!!

15. FixEmUp

FixEmUp New Member

2257. No trades but I'm pissed that I fell out of the top 100.

Went from 92 to 230.

Grimes is hurting me a little bit and Im kicking myself i didnt move KHunt on for Martin when I had the chance.

16. Ugottabjokin

Ugottabjokin New Member

Well i took the risk and did a side ways trade last week.

Out Cooney In S Thompson
    Out Bailey In Z Smith

Having Thompson (120) in made me an extra 80 points in the first week as would have played Prestia (40) instead as Cooney on the bye. Also went up in value by $25,400 and Cooney's break even is 139 this week and has only been averaging 81 so far, thus expect price to drop. Thompsons break even is 45 and averaging 121. Fingers crossed so far so good.

Beautiful thing about Thompson is less than 2% of teams have him so a really good unique.With Carlton, St Kilda, Melbourne and Gold Coast for the next 4 weeks and has already had his first bye.

Bailey to Smith was a price increase grab. Moved up by $71,800 this week and with a break even of -48 looking good here too.

Moved up in overall and now sitting at 2191. Hopefull can move up in the next couple of weeks in these bye rounds.

17. TheTassieHawk

Does anyone else know if it's possible to rename this thread to "TS Trading Games league code #980564" as we seem to be getting a few off topic posts (as above)?

18. Ugottabjokin

Ugottabjokin New Member

Ok thats me TassieHawk.

Went back and read original post. I just read the thread title and made some assumptions. Thought it was the spot to discuss some trades made.

Sorry boys and girls. Anywho moving on.

19. Julz88

Julz88 New Member

Seeimng as though Eckie didn't do a write up this week thought I'd stick one up before the next round starts.

With a top score or 2341 Anthak holds onto his place on (equal) top of the ladder with 9130 overall
    Saits Boys is also sharing the top spot overall. Only 101 point seperate the overall top8 and the next 4 teams are only 45 points behid that. so it really is tight.

Some trades made last week
    Have you Hird Hibberd to Smith
    As Casey's Crushers mentions he went Montag to Harvey and Goddard to Gablett. lets hope he smashes it this wk to make up for the donut last round!
    Eckie also traded out montags and brought in Adel's Scott Thompson
    Saints Boys dropped Otten for Suckling
    As mentioned I also dropped Otten for Smith (mainly fr the cash) then also went Bewick to Curnow
    PNG Raskols also deciced Curnow needed to be in and got rid of Conca to make the trade
    DofAPerfectSquare also made some trades (and picked captains and E's yah!) going sylvia to Yarren and Conca to Gysberts.

I'll be copping the Donut this week with taps darling goods and sylvia all on the bye. Cant find a reasonable MPP link that I think is worth the trade.
    Hopefully the rest of them smash it out.

Interested to see how everyone else goes, though this three byes in a row makes the league game aspect of SC very boring!!!

Hope everyone has a great easter and enjoys the public holidays :)

20. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

Think I will need to make a gutsy trade to avoid copping a zero due to Tappy/Goodes/Sylvia/Darling in the fwds.