Round 5 Trades

Discussion in 'AFL' started by Iain (BlueBeliever), Apr 20, 2011.

1. RaoulDuke

RaoulDuke New Member

I think for some people (I'm one of them) sitting at 1 trade completed after 5 rounds is just weird.

My fingers are itchy, and I keep my mouse cursor hovering over the "T" button under random players' names. It's unnerving.

2. dshaw15

dshaw15 New Member

@RaoulDuke.
    I know how you feel. Im constantly logging in and out of Supercoach, i feel like i should be doing something but i know i don't have anything i need to do that can't wait a few more rounds at least. I keep saying to myself there's no need, i've got good rookies which are sky rocketing in price so im only going to be in a better position for a trade in a few weeks time yet i keep looking for something to do. ARGH!

3. Sainter

Sainter New Member

Done My Trades And I Know Everyone Will Ask Why But I Don't Know Just Want To Make My Team Better

OUT: Chris Knights (ADEL) (FOR)
    IN: Nick Winmar (STK) (FOR/MID)

OUT: Lukas Markovic (WBD) (FWD/DEF)
    IN: Matthew Pavlich (FREO) (FOR/MID)

And Silly me, thought i was finall getting some DPP/MPPs into my team but realised aftr I'd Done it, "DOH"Both FWD/MID (Winmar and Pavlich are both in my forward line)! And also have Goodes and Krakouer up forward too, 4 FOR/MID but all in 1 position, KILLING ME!

4. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

Where's the thumbsup/thunmbsdown when you need it in the forums...

Sainter - NO TRADING BEFORE TEAMS ARE ANNOUNCED.

5. tAdmin

tAdmin Guest

Bit of a WTF moment there....

6. Higgsy

Higgsy New Member

Looking for a bit of advice, About 400points off the pace Current team

Backs. Goddard, Gibbs, Deledio, Grimes. Heppell, Duigan Lower (R.Tarrant, Stanley, Batchelor)
    Mids Swan, Pendles Selwood Murphy, Swallow, Libba (Harris, Conca, Bewick)
    Ruck Sandi Cox (Smith, J Tiprat)
    Fwds N Riewoldt, rioli, Franklin, Goodes, Knights, Tappscott Petrie (Kraks,Richo, matera)

Only 1 trade so far.
    Considering R. Tarrant to Toy (maybe watson. pederson depending on team annoucements) and Knights to J Roo

Need to get rid of Tarrant b4 he looses money (consider it a correction trade)

7. FixEmUp

FixEmUp New Member

Sainter, you know Winmar hasn't been picked to play this week right?

Should have just kept Knights.

Not sure if I will trade this week. I have a nice average and am ranked reasonably high.

I think after round 6 I will start making a move on some bigger names. Chappy, Enright and possibly Jobe or GAJ are in my sights. Not sure if I will consider Didak any more.

8. AC-BC2011

AC-BC2011 New Member

Thinking of trading Johncock (my biggest mistake) even though it is a week late. Thinking Johncok > Smith and then fyfe > krak. I don't like krak JS with dick starting to get close and I think smith JS is pretty strong. I know its kinda side ways trading what I said I wouldn't do at the start of the season but it does give me an extra $85k. What do people think of this trade?

9. whips

whips New Member

Higgsy, that's a ripper.
    I don't like Tarrant > Toy but can see why.
    Agree that J Roo is about to explode and is cheap.
    Can you wait a week?
    J Roo will take another week to increase value even if he does explode. You'll miss the points, though.
    Meanwhile Knights (and maybe Petrie - not sure if you need the F/R link) can increase and close the gap.
    You might find a better downgrade target next week.
    Nice team, good luck!!

10. Higgsy

Higgsy New Member

Thanks for that whips. Cant see many viable downgrade options for Tarrant . Might just have 2 bite the bullet, he is really stinking it up and will most likely drop in price (BE greater than average)

11. spud

spud New Member

Ouch!
    Prestia out. That hurts me. More so next week, though.

Teams with darling/goodes/tapscott already who also have him may be in a bit of strife.

12. spud

spud New Member

This could really hurt peoples' forwardline if Krak is also a late withdrawl/exclusion. Eek!

13. theclaud

theclaud New Member

Thats where the people with good MPP cover can get the advantage. Although I didn't really plan for the byes I've somehow managed to restructure my whole team so that I have cover everywhere...

Glad I don't have Prestia though... Good luck all

14. hawks2008

hawks2008 Member

what do you think of ward > hibberd, then next week, knights > darling and krak > buddy?

15. Bettsy

Bettsy New Member

Im just hanging on to the belief, that I have a chance for overall. Lower needs to play or I will cop a donut. Im thinking of trading Grundy to Deledio, this is more of a fix up trade.

16. bookie

bookie New Member

Help me please!!!!

Tarrant is doing my head in. He shows BE of 70 so by reckoning will reduce this week.

Also Krak seems a part time option at best nowadays.

Should I trade Tarrant to Toy now and then upgrade Krak to J.Roo? J.Roo should be a nice F7.

Have no emergencies in forwards or backs this week so am concerned with Krak not playing or playing sub again. Also have Lower in backs.

Still have 22 trades. Would it be silly to waste on the above?

Other option just to trade Tarrant to Toy.

Suggestions please?????

17. Albertonflyers

Albertonflyers New Member

Can anyone talk me out of trading Lester out for toy. Lester looks like missing at least six weeks and toy will moo in the next few weeks... Doesn't meet the $200k per trade rule but Lester is now an LTI, surely

18. hippy

hippy New Member

What are your thoughts on Luke Thompson at Adelaide? Didn't see him play, and haven't heard much either.

19. Albertonflyers

Albertonflyers New Member

Thompson was walking around on crutches during the week. Sprained his ankle. Still might come up but watch with caution

20. Flameboy23

Flameboy23 New Member

The trade of Goddard to Adcock and Knights to Fyfe might just pay off!!!