Round 5 Trades

Discussion in 'AFL' started by Iain (BlueBeliever), Apr 20, 2011.

1. gish

gish New Member

Any advice regarding trading out Harry O? I have $117,400 in the bank + O'Brien's value of $355,700. I wouldn't want to use too much of the piggy bank so maybe Bob Murphy?

2. Moonwalker

Moonwalker New Member

<blockquote>Quote from Flameboy23 on April 22, 2011, 10:34
    The trade of Goddard to Adcock and Knights to Fyfe might just pay off!!!</blockquote>I went:

1. Broughton -> Smith
    2. Knights -> Fyfe

Goddard's average of 115 is good for the overall and although my points proved right, I can pick Adcock up next week. I had 5 premiums in my backline and felt that Broughton was struggling to get a run in Fremantle's midfield.

An average of 89 is only a fraction more than what a Lower, Smith or Toy would score at F7 each week so thought I'd cash in 266k for roughly the same amount of points.

3. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

@gish

Take a good look at Matt Suckling - might save some &#36;.

4. TerryinBangkok

@Bettsy

Bit sideways. Do you have MPP with the FWD line through Grundy?

@bookie

Just Tarrant to Toy if you are convinced he won't come good.

@Albertonflyers

Lester to Toy - difficult to predict recovery time on these foot injuries . It looks like Bewick may also be out for a spell.

5. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

Im torn on who to trade Foley upto, or if i just hold onto him and downgrade to a rookie next week..

Matthew Boyd or Andrew Swallow.. I got only &#36;517K to spend and dont want to bring in anyone that has a bye in the next 3-4 weeks...

Swallow has an awesome run: Richmond, Port, Geelong, Melb, Bris, Syd, Adel, Gold Coast so should go alright you'd think. But Boyd has couple big scores, but they were against to crap teams.....

6. PwnSC

PwnSC New Member

With Bewick possibly out, what to do? Trade him in for a downgrade to Hibberd or Wallis (if they play)?

7. Bettsy

Bettsy New Member

Hey Terry

I do have Mckernan on the field in forward line.

8. TerryinBangkok

@PwnSC

Sit tight. If Bewick has a LTI, wait until Hibberd/Wallis have 2 games under their belt.
    Alternative to trade to Bennell has passed.

@Thunda
    Not sure how unique your side is, but might be worth checking how many hold Boyd and how many Swallow, thus deciding based on POD value. Both should score well, but North are likely to struggle more.
    Thompson not in your considerations?

9. TerryinBangkok

Yo Bettsy,

With all these byes, might be worth keeping the MPP value. If you are determined to let go of Grundy, maybe cast your eye over Alex Johnson if the Swans name him next week. This would be a downgrade, freeing up cash and keeping your MPP with McKernan. Apart from possibly Suckling, nothing terribly exciting in DEF at the moment. However, if you hold onto the cash, Lake should be on the horizon soon.

10. Bettsy

Bettsy New Member

Yeah I think I will hold, about 400 behind the leader. Just dont want to drop anymore. If your in Bangkok, do you recommend anywhere to stay and anything to do. Staying a couple of nights there in between Uk/Thailand holiday in late May.

11. Mad_Mattigan

Mad_Mattigan Member

Hibberd? He's been named on the extended bench. Way a week or so and he might be the one to come in... Although his MPP is wasted without a D/M in your mids.

12. Bettsy

Bettsy New Member

I have Hibberd and Buckley which is a concern.

13. TerryinBangkok

@Bettsy

Never ask a lady her age, but need to know if you are (a) interested in ballroom dancing, (b) visiting temples or (c) touring the nightlife. Also, rough price bracket (A&#36;) for hotel.

14. Bettsy

Bettsy New Member

&#36;100-200 a night, The misses will be accompaning me. Lock in C Terry.

15. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

@ Terry

I already have Thompson, brought him in last week..
    Current midfield is Boak, Thompson, Vince, Ward, Foley, Krakwhore, Heppell, Curnow, Harris.

Boyd: 7.32&#37; - 17,093
    Swallow: 4.65&#37; - 26,917

Or is it worth downgrading to say Libba who is set to skyrocket again and banking the cash. Only lost out on &#36;80K so far and then use the 340K id have in the bank to upgrade Curnow/Heppell/Libba to Selwood/Judd/Murphy/Montagna after their byes??

16. spud

spud New Member

Could the match against the Tigers, probably Norths first 'non-difficult' match, be Richardsons' chance to shine and prove to us his preseason scoring wasn't simply a fluke?

With most of us already likely to be stretched as it is up forward and having to play cheapies who probably haven't been scoring well, could he be the one shining light this week and actually score big?

17. chewy

chewy New Member

spud i,m really hoping thats the case!

18. vaughan

vaughan New Member

NOW THAT DION PRESTIA DROPPED , IS IT TOO EARLY TO TRADE HIM AS STILL NOT REACHED HIS POTENTIAL YET, BUT WHEN WILL HE PLAY AGAIN???? CONSIDERING TRADING HIM FOR SHAUN MCKERNAN WHO WILL GIVE ME MPP SWAP WITH HURLEYWHO IS CURRENTLY IN MY BACKLINE AND MCKERNAN WILL BE IN MY FORWARD LINE...MORE FLEXABILITY ANS MCKERNAN HAS POTENTIAL TO GROW MORE THAN PRESTIA ANYWAY...WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK...WORTH TRADE OR WAIT FOR ROOKIE TO RISE BEFORE TRADING????

19. HudsonFysh

HudsonFysh Member

Prestia is being rested for 'general soreness', he'll be back.

20. TerryinBangkok

@thunda

Only my humble opinion, but think Swan should be your primary target (after R7).
    Vince, Ward, Foley all expendable at this point. Might pay to hang on to Curnow. Krak and Harris still feeding. Heppell getting ripe, but think we all want to eventually turn him into Hibberd so we keep MPP. Probably out of Foley and Vince - downgrade one and up the other. Libba due for a big rise, but he has to keep his av. to get it. I would not be a happy boy if (for example) Wallis is on and Libba gets the shirt. Depends how many rounds you think you need to get the &#36;, but Bennell is a possibility this round as a downgrade.
    You probably have a strategy worked out already, if it were me I would be aiming to turn those mid-pricers into Swan and Bartel.