Round 6 Trades

Discussion in 'AFL' started by stkildathunda, Apr 25, 2011.

1. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

Alight does anyone have a underperforming player they would like to score big next week and there after? Cos if i have them in my team and i trade them out they will come out firing... Its happened with my Yarran-Tapscott trade, Foley-Libba and also Conca... Thats 3 trades and 3 times they have back fired on me!!!

Also i probably the only person to not be worried about this weeks "train wreck" of a round. I shall only me missing Pavlich & Lower, but Lower isnt even on the field so no big stress for me.......

2. Jay

Jay New Member

Thinking Krakouer might get cut, plus someone in the backline, to make way for Goodes or Fisher. Cam Richardson's also hurting me.

3. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

Not stressed about R6 either SKT.

I will miss Broughton-Lower-Selwood-Pavlich-Rioli-Franklin, but at least won't cop doughnuts like I have this week.

I need Ward to get one really big score before he is upgraded, so if you could do anything to help there that would be sweet.

:)

4. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

haha yea im waiting on that one big 120+ score from Wardy aswell.

Only trades im looking at this week will be Krakwhore and Knights.. Got $300K in the bank so thinking Knights to Roo Jnr and Krakwhore to well i dont know would have to see whats around....

5. pjay79

pjay79 New Member

I already dropped Kraks and Knights for Higgins for Rd 5. For Rd 6, hoping to offload Duigan + Tarrant/Otten... would love to be able to pick up Adcock, but looks like i won't have enough cash. Any good under 380K defenders?

Any thoughts on Daniel Merret ?

PJ.

6. SpoonDeWood

SpoonDeWood New Member

PJ, hard to see Merret keeping up his average, but darned if I know how he got it in the first place. Verrry risky, IMO.
    SKT, nice to see someone else has the reverse-Midas-touch too. I just booted out Duffield for Luke Thompson, so watch for a big century from the Duffman tonight. Freed up money for Krak > Goddard next week though. C.Richo, Bewick & Knights also targets for the chop this week although Knights might survive as reliable bench player until a decent downgrade becomes available

7. Sainter

Sainter New Member

Well, Foley has cemented a spot for another few weeks in my side, and only 25k in the bank, it's hard to decide on a trade as i was planning to trade Otten/Duigan for Luke Thompson/Alex Johnson/ Michael Hibberd and then trade Foley for A. Swallow/B. Moloney/ M. Priddis etc - but Foley scores 108, so ill keep him!
    Thinking:
    Duigan >> L. Thompson
    and something like - ummmmm
    NO IDEA looking to upgrade a midpricer for a gun
    Currently have Krakouer (A) who is really p***ing me off, along with Richardson too, but ifi trade either of them i still won't have enough for a gun 400k+ -

B: Goddard - Broughton - Newman - Grimes - Adcock - Duigan - Otten
    (Lester - Buckley - Lower)
    M: Swan - Judd - Selwood - Montagna - Foley - Curnow
    (Liberatore - Harris - Irons)
    R: Cox - McEvoy
    (Smith - McCauley)
    F: NRiewoldt - Pavlich - Rioli - Goodes - SJohnson - Tapscott - Darling
    (Krakouer - Richardson - Winmar)
    ~ This is my full strength side ~ At the moment ~
    BANK: 25,000
    TRADES REMAINING: 20

Any thoughts?

8. jb

jb New Member

Duigan has quite some growth left Sainter.
    Nice strong team too.
    Dont go searching for trades they will come knocking soon enough.

9. chewy

chewy New Member

good looking side SAINTER ,lester looks to be long term injury wise,got no idea whats up with buckley,so maybe one of them to go for a thompson/hibberd etc..

10. Lukeys42

Lukeys42 New Member

I'm thinking of going Otten >> L.Thompson then upgrading Richardson >> J.Riewoldt. His been knocked out, played the Pies, then the Hawks in the wet. His average won't go down any lower than now, with some easier games coming up at the G. And he loves a contested possession, which always scores well.

11. J_in_Japan

J_in_Japan New Member

Sainter, you are going to be in trouble with your FWD line with minimum of 4 and likely 5 out this week if Krak doesn't play. Your hand may be forced either way!

12. Sainterz12

Sainterz12 Member

My current teams:

DT:
    Back- Gibbs, Goddard, Deledio, Grimes, Adcock, Heppell, Duigan (Toy, Lower, Duigan)
    Mids- Swan, Pendlebury, Selwood, Boyd, D. Swallow, Cunrow (Liberatore, Harris, Hibberd)
    Rucks- Sandilands, Ryder (Smith, Campbell)
    Forward- Pavlich, Franklin, N. Riewoldt, Didak, Krakouer, Petrie, Darling (Matera, Richardson, Prestia)
    $9,400 left 20 trades

From this team Ryder is causing me issues with another sub-par performance against Collingwood. I don't know what to do with him.. Also Krakouer, but everyone has that issue. Didak also is very hit or miss, what do you guys think with his current form?

SC:
    Back- Newman, Gibbs, Goddard, Shaw, Heppell, Duigan, Lower (Suban, Otten, Watson)
    Mids- Swan, Bartel, A. Swallow, Boyd, Cunrow, D. Swallow (Harris, Liberatore, Hibberd)
    Rucks- Sandilands, Ryder (Tippett, Campbell)
    Forward- Franklin, Fyfe, Higgins, Riewoldt, Goodes, Matera, Darling (Krakouer, Richardson, Prestia)
    $1,800 left 20 trades

Same problem with Ryder/Krakouer. My team specific issues is in the ruck with Sandilands out for round 6 and no Smith or Petrie in this team. Should I trade Sandi for Cox then back the round after or perhaps gain some cash and get McCauley purely hoping that he plays this week only as the main concern. Suban is also useless on my bench, but I couldn't afford Adcock like in DT. Who should I get for him?

Any other tips or ideas that you have would also be appreciated!

13. Like a V6

Like a V6 New Member

bloody Ryder....I posted a thread about swapping him out for Cox and I got slammed for it.

Cox's huge start was very promising, and I knew Ryder would be unpredictable in his scoring which is unacceptable for a ruck. Not hurting this week with no league games on...but certainly if he continues his poor form in the upcoming few weeks, a few good games mixed with bad ones is not good enough to justify being a R2.

Now I don't have enough $$$ to bring Cox in - exactly what I thought would happen a few weeks ago...are people with Ryder just going to 'ride' it out? or is it about time to dump him? His form in the Anzac day game was terrible,

Missing out on Curnow, losing money on Ryder and Boak with midfield rookies Irons dropped and Bewick injured...I think my cash league win is steadily becoming a pipe dream.

14. Flameboy23

Flameboy23 New Member

I wouldn't be pinning all my hopes on people who slam you on here...if it feels right to make the move then just do it! I still think I was right to trade Goddard to adcock and knights to fyfe this week and my score this week is testament to that and I'll get Goddard at a reduced rate in a couple of weeks!

15. turbo

turbo New Member

V6, I had Ryder last year and posted before the season started never again (although granted Essendon are a different team this year).

The guy has a pea heart and drops his form at the drop of a hat (as you've just experienced the last 2 weeks).

He can produce big scores but be prepared to cop plenty of 30's in between when the going gets tough.

16. eagles2011

eagles2011 New Member

Sylvia any chance to keep his 100 average for the season? Could be a top 10 forward by years end and already had a bye. Has he hit his BE exactly the last 2 weeks? He hasn't moved in price by even a dollar. Weird.

17. chris88

chris88 1000 Monkeys at 1000 Typewriters Staff Member

What's Thompson's (Adel) job security like?

18. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

Looks like few people maybe having to trade Rioli...

19. banz

banz New Member

Damned inconsiderate of Rioli...

I guess wait and see the time frame involved, was going to miss next week anyway.

20. banz

banz New Member

@ chriss88

Thompson looks okay mate, but with Davis coming back you never know.