Round 6 Trades

Discussion in 'AFL' started by stkildathunda, Apr 25, 2011.

1. tAdmin

tAdmin Guest

Tossing up between Rioli>J.Roo or waiting until after the bye for Pav/Chappy/Fyfe. Shame all the in demand FWD premiums share the same bye AND are over 500k or set to go that way.

In any case, I'll wait for the medical report on delicious.

2. Drifter74

Drifter74 New Member

Thinking the same thing swerva. Promised myself not to chase points, but at what stage does for example a Fyfe early on become a better prospect than waiting for Didak, or Mundy instead of waiting for Hodge, or Adcock/Suckling instead of Lake etc etc?

3. Quiche

Quiche New Member

Perhaps Rioli to ROK/Goodes as the Sydney lads have already had one of their byes.

4. swerva3

swerva3 New Member

@Drifter74

I just cant bring myself to trade into 'dream' players (like currently Fyfe or Adcock) over a proven performer like Didak, Lake or Hodge. BUT i will listen to the advice out there and sit on my hands for a bit and they show their form/fitness is returning.

Im currently looking closely at my 'risky' mid rangers Yarran and Higgins and wondering when is going to be right to offload. History tells me they will slide at some point and both worry me. Higgins has some tough games coming up which will sort him out while i think Yarran has topped out and the -> J Roo trade is very tempting this week. If Yarran is injured (was subbed) it might not be a tough choice...

5. DC

DC Member

<blockquote>Quote from Quiche on April 26, 2011, 23:30
    Perhaps Rioli to ROK/Goodes as the Sydney lads have already had one of their byes.</blockquote>

That will also be a smart move..

I dont think the Hawks will be rushing Rioli back with his history of hamstring problems..

Hammys are never 2 weeks injuries?

Expect Rioli to miss 3 weeks min...

6. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

At first glance i can do:

Knights - Roo Jnr
    Ward/Heppell/Curnow - Montagna/Swallow

Or Krakwhore upto premium midfielder who has already had one bye...

Or Otten upto Adcock/Fisher

Got 333K in the bank.

7. DC

DC Member

stkildathunda

I wouldnt trade Heppell or Curnow... Both in red hot form!

Ward is your man to upgrade at this stage ;)

8. chris88

chris88 1000 Monkeys at 1000 Typewriters Staff Member

Looking at a number of options.

Krakouer in the gun, Rioli perhaps as well (but loathe to trade him given he is a keeper when fit)

Otten definitely in the gun too. And similar to sentiments expressed above, Fraser's &#36;280K is wasted on the bench right now.

Really would like to trade up beyond J Roo as well. Considering perhaps a Fraser downgrade to McCauley and upgrading Krakouer to Brent Harvey.

with money in the kitty, it leaves me with about &#36;45K in the bank towards upgrades in Round 7-8-9 ... and with 2 rookies and a midpricer in my side valued beyond &#36;310K now, plus two more likely to get close to &#36;300K in the coming week or two, I have the building blocks for some good trades in coming weeks - Chappy/Pav, Swan, another mid perhaps, another backman perhaps.

And with Hibberd still to play, it means that I have a downtrade target immediately available next week (as he is likely to come in this week or next.)

9. blue16

blue16 New Member

Which trade would make more sense this week:

Yarran --> J Roo

or

Otten --> Thompson
    Krakouer --> J Roo

10. DC

DC Member

None of those would make sense to be honest

11. banz

banz New Member

@Hornsy

Makes sense, though can you trust Hawthorns injury listings, always seems like 2 weeks is really 4..

Its a hammy so I figure it's 4 weeks, be that 3 and nursed for a couple of games means might be time to move him on.

JRoo makes sense, I reckon he could be about to start a mini run.

Think I might go down to Darling, another cash trade, say Duigan then bring in two prem mids in 7.

@chris88, keep an eye on Harvey, did some ankle damage on the weekend.

I hope Heppel plays.

12. blue16

blue16 New Member

Seems like the perfect time to grab J Roo. Yarran will have this weeks 45 in his rolling average for the next 2 weeks (against Sydney & St Kilda, 2 teams unlikely to let him roam free at half back).

Otten is not setting the world on fire, can downgrade to Thompson & make some cash their, and also trade at Krakouer (who is unlikely to play this week & has a bye the following week).

Reasonable arguments for both of those scenarios.

13. mo_cheeks

mo_cheeks New Member

Hey all, very interesting weeks coming up.

I have 266k in the bank, with Boak stinking up the place and I need to strengthen by backline.

My plan:
    Boak to Gysberts (don't know much about him but he seems to be going ok and on the increase). Gives me cash in the bank. I've got decent cover in the midfield with Harris, Swallow, Libba and Heppell.

Markovic to Johncock (form turning?) or Deledio. I'll still have 160k in the bank, ready to trade out Krak in rd7 or make some other moves.

Thoughts?

14. Quiche

Quiche New Member

@ Chris88

Reckon we have very similar teams and so I share your anger at the sub rule and the run of bad luck so far (Selwood conc., Rioli susp., late withdrawals etc etc).

I am also considering the Fraser to McCauley trade, but with Fraser having a negative BE, he has far from plateued in price. However, if we wait until he's &#36;350-400K, there may be no reliable downgrade option!

I'm also fairly certain I'll trade Rioli, a hamstring is never 1-2 weeks these days and even when he returns he'll probably play more up forward to ease him into it.

15. tAdmin

tAdmin Guest

Hey mo,

Post your team. I think there are better/cheaper downgrade options than Gysberts if he's just going to sit on your bench.

I'm on record for stating my low opinion of Johncock, but the reason he scored highly on Sat night was that Carlton didn't put a FWD tag on him, which every other team thus far has. Adelaide don't have too many players you'd consider tagging, so I'd wager Johncock will get tagged more often than not.

Think Lids, Newman and Enright are all solid options.

16. mo_cheeks

mo_cheeks New Member

Cheers Hornsy,

My team:

Def: Gibbs, Goddard, Grimes, Shaw, Duigan, Lower, McKernan (Markovic, Toy, Pedersen)

Mid: Boyd, Swan, Boak, Heppell, Curnow, Selwood, (Harris, Libba, Swallow)

Ruck: Sandi, Cox (Smith, R. Cambell)

For: Goodes, Franklin, Harvey, N. Reiwoldt, Higgins, Tapscott, Darling (Matera, Richardson, Krakouer)

17. chris88

Hornsy -be careful on Newman - isn't at all 100&#37; right now - struggled badly against the roos with ankle issues.

Lids might be a better bet.

Quiche - I worry more about depth in terms of my rucks. Smith will get rests this year you'd think and McCauley might only have a couple of weeks left in the side depending on matchups and Brown's return.

Would like to have 2 functioning rucks on the bench this year - if Fraser is still going late in the year he might be a downtrade option before the last round or two!

I reckon Rioli might have to be moved. The more I think about it, and his hamstring issues, this 2-3 week injury could turn into 4-5, and another couple taking it easier up forward or even coming off the bench as a sub.

Rioli to JRoo and maybe an upgrade in my mids might be an option.

JRoo could become my F6 for the rest of the year if I can upgrade (via the mids) to grab Chappy and one other for the side - Chappy, NRoo, Pav/Harvey, Franklin, Goodes, J Roo ... etc.

Then wait for Curnow, Duigan, Heppell, Swallow, Libba etc to peak and do some moving there.

18. chris88

Or another option might kill two birds with one stone -

Out: Rioli, Krak
    In: JRoo, Higgins/Sylvia.

Gives me two extra playing forwards, provides an upgrade on Krak and comparible cross trade (Rioli-JRoo) to cover what could be a 4+ week injury.

Leaves &#36;45K in the bank.

Preserves MPP link (Duncan on mid bench until Chappy or Pav are brought in)

Means I don't have to stare at Krak's uselessness again.

19. Chris, Boomer may have a niggle coming out of the Easter games so I'd keep an eye on him for a while if I were you?

20. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

What about Rioli to Fyfe? I suppose this would be viable if you think that Fyfe will be in the top 7 fwds this year. At the moment its looking like it.

JRoo is so cheap, but KPF are so up and down. Do you think he is purely a SC player or can give it a run in DT as well? He is dirt cheap in DT.

With Krak, Yarran and Rioli all in the gun, its tough to decide on who to move on. Yarran -> JRoo could work.

All this sideways trading though doesn't give me the team enhancement I want from my trades though.