Round 6 Trades

Discussion in 'AFL' started by stkildathunda, Apr 25, 2011.

1. Lucas

Lucas Moderator Staff Member

Rioli to Fyfe this week would be counter productive as both have the bye.

If you were to get rid of Rioli this week at least get some points out of it.

I mean you could do a dance with J Roo and Rioli over the next few and might sneak out of it OK and have 100-150 points for the deal.

But a risk for mine. Sticking to the standard upgrade strategy even though I've copped Rioli/Selwood/Krak.

2. dshaw15

dshaw15 New Member

Hi guys.

My team as it stands.
    Back:
    Deldio. Gibbs. Heppell. Goddard. Duigan. J Grimes. B Smith. Lower. Puopolo.

Mid:
    Judd. Curnow. Selwood. Cotchin. Pendlebury. D Swallow. Harris. Libba. Conca.

Ruck:
    Sandilands. Cox. Smith. O'Keefe.

Fwd:
    Pavlich. Goodes. Yarran. N Roo. Darling. Matera. Krakouer. M Duncan. C Richardson.

Got 390,800K in bank.
    Contemplating downgrade Otten>L Thompson. bring my bank up to 514,600.
    I want Swan, he will be coming in for one of the rookie mids but not until after the collingwood bye.

Thinking Enright in to the backline, but maybe Adcock instead. Im sold on him, especially with his increased time in the midfield this year. wanted him last week but unfortunately chickend out.

Also wanting to get either or two of Chappy, Fyfe, ROK in fwds. Again i chickend out on Fyfe last week, still a little sceptical on his long term form. For mine, he seems like he is becoming a Chapman like player, plenty of midfield time, kicks goals and gets plenty of the ball performing consistently large scores.

Oh and Krakouer is a MUST go, sick of him stinking it up! and Yarran is my other Fwd line trade with his questionable hamstring and not convinced on his form either.

Also going for league, not overall.

Any thoughts? am i headed in right direction?

3. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

<blockquote>Quote from Lucas on April 27, 2011, 12:13
    Rioli to Fyfe this week would be counter productive as both have the bye.

If you were to get rid of Rioli this week at least get some points out of it.

I mean you could do a dance with J Roo and Rioli over the next few and might sneak out of it OK and have 100-150 points for the deal.

But a risk for mine. Sticking to the standard upgrade strategy even though I've copped Rioli/Selwood/Krak.</blockquote>

Yeah I meant for next week, definitely.

I agree I don't like the sideways feel to all these trades. However, could be a good opportunity to jump on a fallen JRoo and an up-and-comer in Fyfe.

Could go Yarran to JRoo, and then see what the best option for Rioli will be after round 6. Would lose points this week, but no more than I would have anyway from Cyril's bye. Would give a better indication of his injury length as well.
    I suppose Yarran to JRoo is more of an upgrade than a sideways anyway.

Am keen to hear about the severity of these hammies.

4. chris88

chris88 1000 Monkeys at 1000 Typewriters Staff Member

Lucas - if I was to trade out Rioli it would be for good unless he suffered a Riewoldt like fall in price (not out of the question) and started to play well.

5. Lucas

Lucas Moderator Staff Member

<blockquote>Quote from chris88 on April 27, 2011, 12:43
    Lucas - if I was to trade out Rioli it would be for good unless he suffered a Riewoldt like fall in price (not out of the question) and started to play well.
    </blockquote>

Reason? I gather it's because you don't want to use two picks on the same player and fair enough.

But the real question is on the strength of exposed form, is Rioli going to get top 10 forwards?

Clear answer is yes. Would have been on 115-120 pace yesterday before injury.

How many matches will he miss? I'd say one, but of course he also misses the bye round, so you miss two games with him in the team.

Is that worth a trade in itself? Generally the answer is no, but if he missed another week then you have to think about it.

Let's see the injury assessment. I have a feeling they got him off just in time.

6. BuddyBeauty

BuddyBeauty New Member

Hey guys
    Was wondering what to do with Broughton..having a bye this week should I trade him to Adcock or downgrade to Thompson? I would have a whole heap of cash if I do downgrade allowing a trade into maybe Kraks to JRiewoldt

7. chris88

Depends n if you are talking SC or DT.

Broughton is struggling in DT. He might need to go.

SC - well, injured last week, bye this week, expected to play next game. Still averaging 90s ... probably hold perhaps?

Plus Adcock's ship may have sailed. Adn we don't know the effect of Drummond's inclusion (which might happen this week).

8. tAdmin

tAdmin Guest

<blockquote>Quote from mo_cheeks on April 27, 2011, 10:56
    Cheers Hornsy,

My team:

Def: Gibbs, Goddard, Grimes, Shaw, Duigan, Lower, McKernan (Markovic, Toy, Pedersen)

Mid: Boyd, Swan, Boak, Heppell, Curnow, Selwood, (Harris, Libba, Swallow)

Ruck: Sandi, Cox (Smith, R. Cambell)

For: Goodes, Franklin, Harvey, N. Reiwoldt, Higgins, Tapscott, Darling (Matera, Richardson, Krakouer)</blockquote>

Here's my 2 cents mo:

That's a pretty balanced team structurally, a 4-4-2-5 if you will. You just appeared to have lucked out with Boak not scoring as well as we all hoped (I mean I don't have him but really like him as a player), and Pederson only playing the solitary game so far.

I wouldn't be trading out Markovic while he has a low BE (11) and is still getting games. If Pederson doesn't get named again this week, I'd target him because while he did score highly in RND 1 he's doing bugger all for you right now.

If you've convinced yourself you need to off-load Boak, I think Polec is a better downgrade option than Gysberts; 50k cheaper, similar JS and given that he'll be your M9, a 70ave will do as he probably won't grace the field except in case of an emergency.

You're also of the opinion your DEF needs immediate improvement, which I understand but don't entirely agree (then again I'm not in the hot seat).

Two main options: trade Pederson for Hibberd, pray that he gets games, and move Heppell back there (be aware that he'll most likely miss this week).
    Or upgrade Pederson to Deledio/Enright with the cash from a Boak downgrade.

On review both of these options seem pretty sideways to me and not a huge amount of bang for your trade buck. Yet I've been in the position of holding an under-performing premium and there aren't really any other options but to go sideways some how.

In summary:

Option 1: Boak>Polec
    Pederson>Deledio
    ~174k in Change

Option 2: Pederson>Hibberd
    Boak>whichever MID takes your fancy

Option 3: Hold Tight.

Oh and thanks for the tip on Newman Chris. I'll keep an eye out. :)

9. BuddyBeauty

BuddyBeauty New Member

Yeah talking in terms of SC. Might just hold on to Broughton although he is kinda letting me down. Hmm how about jumping on J Riewoldt?

10. chris88

Lucas - I suspect you are correct.

I reckon holding Rioli (within reason) and upgrading Krak to JRoo is a much more constructive move at the moment.

JRoo would be F7 whereas Krak is F'n nowhere (I think might be the correct description)

And I agree with you about getting him off just in time. Pity they didn't do that with Richo before the injury that ended his career.

11. chris88

Buddy - on JRoo - I'm a Tigers fan and was really hesitant to pick him up in the previous week or two due to opposition, form and the like (and the fact his price was dropping).

And there was a question or two over whether his head was screwed on straight!

Now - after seeing him stand on guy's heads on a couple of occasions on the weekend, and see him give 4 goals away through the smarts he showed in 2010, I'm of the mind that he's really in play as an alternate F7.

The Tigers' first four games probably couldn't have been much tougher. Our draw opens up a bit over the next little while -doesn't mean we'll win heaps of games, but it does allow our mids to help get JRoo the ball, and for JRoo to use his abilities to do what he does best.

Right now (touch wood), close to the best kick for goal I've seen in Tiger colours since Michael Roach (and that's only in my dim childhood memories). Very efficient.

12. oscar64

oscar64 New Member

Hi Guys,
    New to this forum and would appreciate your thoughts.
    Im thinkng of going Krak- JRoo or Dangerfield which would still give me the MPP option. What are some thoughts?

13. Sainterz12

Sainterz12 Member

With no trades left last week (And only one remaining this week as I had to bring in McCauley to cover my rucks) I am thinking that Suban to Thompson this week and Krak to Chappy next week as I have a fair bit of cash in the bank. What do you think?

Either this or Krak to Tapscott to milk a bit more cash out of my rookies?

14. andy

andy New Member

hey, i'm also pretty new here, and i'm also yet another person considering a trade revolving around krak, JRoo, otten and thompson L. Possibly duigan too after hearing a bit about him possibly not going much higher. If anyone can come up with a solution for this me and the other 4000 people in the same situation would greatly appreciate it.

15. pjay79

pjay79 New Member

I'm thinking of offloading Otten and R Tarrant and banking the cash, can then upgrade Duigan to a premium rd 7. Will hold onto Rioli, possibly side trade rd 7 to fyfe.

16. CJ22

CJ22 New Member

Haha, all questions and no answers. I'm not expert, but from what the pros have said: Dangerfield hasn't shown any real consistency yet and I think should be left alone. Duigan + Krakouer -> Thompson + Jroo is looking like the favourite trade with Duigan to have a few tough games and a bye and not much &#36;&#36; growth in the immediate future. Krakouer struggling for form and in danger to miss games. Thompson's job security is a concern for some with Davis returning. Jroo as cheap as he will be, is up and down, but the ceiling is massive so the consensus is to get on!! Plenty of discussion about this on the best buys blog too.

17. yt

yt New Member

is B moran to B mccauley a waste of a trade?

18. way2serious

way2serious New Member

YT i am assuming that Moran is your r4, and so yes i think that unless you are short of cash cows then you dont need a r4 to make money for you and also i dont think McCauley is going to continue getting 88's, he got 34 in his first game and i think that will be closer to his average.

also even with brown out he did a couple of horrible clangers on the weekend and so job security i think could also be an issue.

so i think this is a watse imo, but if this is for r3 it is a different story, maybe one to be considered :)

19. sausages

sausages New Member

No it is not yf.

For mine I am going Warnock -> McCauley and Richardson -> J Roo.

Long term shortlist to get to max premiums (17 trades remaining)

Mid Prems - (need 2/3 depending on MPP)

Mundy, Ablett, Watson, Judd, Thompson, Pavlich*, Chapman *, Cooney, Didak

Fwd - (1/2) Pav*, Chap*, Did*

Def - Johncock, Fisher, Enright, Gilbert

Hoping for best 25 of something like:

Goddard, Grimes, Gibbs, Deledio, Adcock, Fisher, Johncock (Gilbert)

Pendlebury, Ablett, Selwood, Chapman, Pavlich, Boak (Cooney)

Sandilands, Petrie

Franklin, N Roo, Rioli, Goodes, J Roo, Higgins, Yarran (Dangerfield/Didak)

20. way2serious

way2serious New Member

i also have a problem myself, i feel that so far i havent wasted any silly trades but i am not sure about this one as i dont see petie in the top 7 forwards for the year and so think this may be a waste of a trade. so if you dont mind throw in your two bobs on what you think of this.

i want to trade in Petrie and remove C Richo. for a start what do you think of this? is it a waste or not, it should make me atleast a bit of money.

my problem though is that i am 5k short of being able to do this and have no underperforming player i want to downgrade to a rookie.

so what i was thinking (i know it is very early on) but what do we think of removing duigan? he has some tough rounds coming up and is probably not going to be much over 300k by round 10 so is it worth getting him out for someone cheap? i was thinking luke thompson, but if hibberd gets a game then i would go with him. also ben jacobs or cam pederson what are everyone's thoughts on these four and in particular their job security (if they get into their respective sides)?

would this be wasting a couple of trades? opinions pls

ultimately it is looking like
    richardson>Petrie
    Duigan>hibberd, thompson, jacobs or pederson