MPP

Discussion in 'AFL' started by sausages, Apr 28, 2011.

1. sausages

sausages New Member

I am sure there is already a topic discussing this but I did not find one and we are a few rounds into a BYE year.

My thoughts are that the M/F MPP is very important this year and I have used it weekly to cover my bench and I think there are players that I don't have (Pav, chappy, Mzungu) that are worthwhile picking up and add a second option to this.

The question is though what is the value of the other MPP structures?

My view -
    1) D/M - There are players such as Deledio, Gibbs, Goddard.but the talent pool on defence is so scarce that I would be loath to have them permanently in the mids. So the M/D in the mids must be a rookie. Hibberd is the only foreseeable option.

So if you don't have a D/M and you want one then Hibberd is your go to - once he is worth it.

2) F/D - There are a few rookies and mid-pricers. But none of premium potential. So forget even trying

3) R/F - This is the conentious one. Obviously Petrie made this attractive at the start of the year. But your likely to have to play either of the Tippetts. for me both fail becasue of point 4

4) Do not play an MPP for the sake of an MPP. If you think Kurt Tippett (or Rhys Stanley) will explode go for it, but if not forget it. Joel Tippett will not play.

Thoughts?