Round 6 Trades

Discussion in 'AFL' started by stkildathunda, Apr 25, 2011.

1. sausages

sausages New Member

Really tough call that one w2s.

1) Was worth it for straight swap
    2) It is "maybe" only 1 week early to trade Duigan (pending his performance v Sydney). I would lean towards Pederson for mine. A risk worth taking if you do not already have Petrie
    3) What about Petrie in the ruck?

2. way2serious

way2serious New Member

thanks sausages, yeh i know if i could just go the richo straight out then i would certainley do that.

And in my ruck i have cox, ryder, smith and McCualey so no i dont think i want to trade anyone there just yet.
    thnx though mate :)

3. Sainter

Sainter New Member

thanks JB and CHEWY, some website said Lester is out for the season, instead of freeing up some cash and upgrading a rookie i think i might just trade lester for L. Thompson as Lester is just dead money sitting in my reserve, and like this week, i will need another backline player playing as i have broughton - lower - lester on the bench and buckley taking up the 7th on field position, Luke Thompson should get another gae this week as his form has been fantastic for a young player and Symes is injured but i don't know if it's serious, and Phil Davis may come back soon but surely won't push Thompson out, scored 1900 and 1800 the past 2 weeks and sick of it, i need a full team, maybe just the one trade this week sounds all right maybe?

4. Sainter

Sainter New Member

how many weeks for Broughton, do i trade him?

5. andy

andy New Member

@sainter
    it says on the freo website 'indefinite', whatever that means. could be very bad news or very minor, best keep an ear out for more news

6. Sainter

Sainter New Member

thanks andy

7. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

@ Andy

That could just mean they havent got the results off any tests yet, especially given they only played Monday and probably couldnt get tests done until today...

8. yt

yt New Member

ahhh i hate the word 'indefinite'
    thanks for the help guys, yeah probably no point for me to get mccauley then,
    also guys i have bewick and irons sitting on my bench doing absolutely nothing, is it worth trading them out now for rookies who are just debuting or hold on and wait for mzungu etc

9. J_C

J_C Guest

I must be blind then. I just went to the Freo website and the most recent injury update I could find was from last week, so I didn't find anything about Broughton at all, let alone him listed as 'indefinite'.

Not saying the info isn't there, but I certainly didn't see it.

10. Patinoz

Patinoz New Member

hey guys

who would be the better guy to pick up for krakouer?
    tapscott or darling? or is it too late to get any of them cuz they went up that much in value already?
    and is le cras' return gonna affect darlings performance somehow?

just sick of krakouers performances and dont mind an extra 10k - 20k, cuz i dont think krakouers value is gonna go up much the next few games with collingwoods bye coming anyway, and dont think tapscott or darling gonna get any cheaper

11. Moblets

Moblets New Member

Looking at trading Suckling out for Thompson and then Richardson to Riewoldt this week. Almost certain Richardson will be dropped this week.

Then looking at Duigan to Pederson and D.Swallow to Montagna next week.

Whats everyones thoughts?

12. BungKnee23

BungKnee23 New Member

G'Day Lads,
    Big fan of the site, been keeping an eye on it for 12 months.. although not real sure of my brother Holey's brownlow predictions!

Like a lot of posters, looking to offload Krak... currently have $80k in the bank and looking at Otten --> L Thompson (pending tonight's teams but got a feeling Otten will be dropped anyway) to give me around $445k to play with once I drop Krak... was initially looking at J Roo due to his price which would still leave $80-90k in the kitty but have the capacity to get in a Sylvia or ROK even instead by using all the $$..

Thoughts? Use it now for a more reliable/consistent player than J Roo or go J Roo to keep some $$ up sleeve for future upgrades?

Cheers

13. tAdmin

tAdmin Guest

@Moblets

Find someone else. Suckling is in cracking form. DO NOT TRADE.

14. easty01

easty01 New Member

(I originally posted this in the Best Buys comments, better here methinks)

Thoughts on the following trades…

This week:
    S.Johnson down to J.Riewoldt (+65k)
    Lester down to Thompson (+33k)

Following week:
    Stanley/Duigan down to Pedersen/Puopolo
    Richardson up to Chapman

It would leave me with a forward line of:
    N.Riewoldt, Franklin, Goodes, Chapman, J.Riewoldt, Petrie, Darling (Krakouer, Tapscott, Matera)

Riewoldt replaces Johnson at F7 for similar output and gives me 65k towards Chappy, and leaves me at one Geelong player during finals instead of two. It also allows me to dump Richo and walk away with around 120k+ towards next upgrade

15. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

<blockquote>Quote from Hornsy on April 28, 2011, 09:08
    @Moblets

Find someone else. Suckling is in cracking form. DO NOT TRADE.
    </blockquote>

Just wanted to highlight this one.....

16. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

<blockquote>Quote from BungKnee23 on April 28, 2011, 09:03
    G'Day Lads,
    Big fan of the site, been keeping an eye on it for 12 months.. although not real sure of my brother Holey's brownlow predictions!

Like a lot of posters, looking to offload Krak... currently have &#36;80k in the bank and looking at Otten --> L Thompson (pending tonight's teams but got a feeling Otten will be dropped anyway) to give me around &#36;445k to play with once I drop Krak... was initially looking at J Roo due to his price which would still leave &#36;80-90k in the kitty but have the capacity to get in a Sylvia or ROK even instead by using all the &#36;&#36;..

Thoughts? Use it now for a more reliable/consistent player than J Roo or go J Roo to keep some &#36;&#36; up sleeve for future upgrades?

Cheers</blockquote>

Id be going a reliable consistent player myself if you can afford it. Guess it comes down to if you think J Roo will be in the top bracket of forwards come seasons end..

17. RAR

RAR New Member

Three byes in a round is a real pain. Took a doughnut with Krak last week and not liking the way things look this week. If Krak and Heppell don't play I have no reserves in either midfield or defense.

My defense rookies, Duigan, Stanley, Lower, Smith, Heppell all have more price increases coming, similar in the midfield Curnow, Libba, Harris, Swallow seem to early to moo. Tapscott, Darling & Matera in the forward also have more growth coming.

Savage and Krak seem to be the way to go to solve problems. Krak we all know may have job security issues and if not named this week I think has to go. Savage with and average of 75, BE of 64, only +&#36;4k if play to average and a bye this week seems ready to moo. Have &#36;120k cash.

So looking at Krak to Polec to maintain MPP and Savage to either Gibbs or Deledio which can MPP with Heppell.

Really undecided on Gibbs or Deledio. Polec is also a more bit expensive than I like but at the moment there doesn't seem to be a lot of other choices, at least those that are playing. Maybe Hibberd if he is named.

18. HotPiesColdDrinks

HotPiesColdDrinks Member

I lost some SERIOUS ground last week with a shocker, and will have Rioli and Franklin missing this week.
    My intentions were never to bring in J.Riewoldt, I wanted to bring in Chappy, Pavlich or Didak at some point, but feel I need a change this week, and Chappy and Pav are no goes this week and Didak has a bye in round 7, and doesn't look great so far.
    So I am thinking I may have to bring in Riewoldt at a good price he is at.

I'm thinking of:

Out: A. Otten In: L.Thomspon
    Out: Krakouer In. J. Riewoldt

19. HotPiesColdDrinks

HotPiesColdDrinks Member

Edit: Double post

20. b3no

b3no New Member

<blockquote>Quote from HotPiesColdDrinks on
    Out: A. Otten In: L.Thomspon
    Out: Krakouer In. J. Riewoldt</blockquote>

As long as Thompson's named, cant loose, this seems the two trades everyone will be doing this week. Although i have another option.

As i have 20 trades and 584,000 in the bank, i was thinking of upgrading Otten to Johncock & Savage to Thompson (MID/ADE) any advice on these trades would be appreciated, thanks guys!

Ben