seeing what difference good trades make

Discussion in 'AFL' started by TheTassieHawk, Mar 10, 2011.

1. TheTassieHawk

TheTassieHawk SC fanatic Staff Member

it will be interesting to see how many take the donut and how many burn the trade!

i'll hold off until before the full lockout saturday but i'm leaning towards one trade and may increase this to 2 if either richardson or krakeur get dropped this week !

2. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

im keen to watch todays game. I bought in two more kangas this round.

I went:

Krakouer to Droopy
    and Sylvia to Boomer

Ive still got Richo as well, so will be keen to see them all run around against the tiggers
    still got conca and lids too, so looking forward to it.

What will make or break my round this week will be Swan. I have decided to keep Joey's score of 119 as my cap. Bit of a risk, as Swan could very easily beat it. But for some reason I could see Swan scoring an 85 or something.
    anyway, Im a bit anxious to see how it works out. I would say most people would have Swan as cap this round.

3. spud

spud New Member

Will be copping my first donut if Krak doesn't play.

Not overly concerned, lots of people will be in a similar position, and I was willing to burn a trade on bringing in a cheaper player that I didn't think justified the use of a trade.

Luke Thompson(Adelaide) is looking like a good downgrade option next week (perhaps for Otten if he is dropped, although he will have another ~20BE next week because the 77 is still in his 3wk avg), or at least a replacement for Lester for those who have him (scores of 73 and 78 thus far).

4. TheTassieHawk

<blockquote>Quote from anthak on April 24, 2011, 13:46

I went:

Krakouer to Droopy
    and Sylvia to Boomer

</blockquote>

Anthak - similar here - rather than take possibly 3 donuts (incl Prestia and Krak) I went sylvia to boomer harvey and goodes to higgins - very happy with boomers 125 but am getting smashed otherwise and am really wishing I had traded out richardson instead of matera when I traded in tapscott !

5. anthak

<blockquote>Quote from anthak on April 24, 2011, 13:46

I went:

Krakouer to Droopy
    and Sylvia to Boomer

Ive still got Richo as well, so will be keen to see them all run around against the tiggers
    still got conca and lids too, so looking forward to it.

What will make or break my round this week will be Swan. I have decided to keep Joey's score of 119 as my cap. Bit of a risk, as Swan could very easily beat it. But for some reason I could see Swan scoring an 85 or something.
    anyway, Im a bit anxious to see how it works out. I would say most people would have Swan as cap this round.
    </blockquote>
    Well, for this round i'm very happy with these 3 decisions. Joey didn't score much more than swan, but I would have been absolutely spuin if swan had a big one.

6. FunkSoulBrother

FunkSoulBrother Member

nice trades anthak..worked out very well for you

7. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

To avoid the donut I took a risk and went Joey to Chapman and swapped Chapman into the fwds (in the Trading Games team). Joey did get his highest score for the year, but Chapman was also good, so not a good or bad trade really. Did avoid a zero though. Sitting at 4th currently.

Someone doing a write up of the Trading Games league?

8. anthak

I just had a quick look at the league ladder on my phone, and it doesn't seem to include the points scored in the bye rounds. But it might if we sort the ladder by points. Not sure as I couldn't do it on phone. Getting a better phone tomorrow so hopefully all will be easier then.

9. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

Yeah you just rank by total points, its all there.

10. TheTassieHawk

Apologies in advance for any errors as I have done a manual lookup (and left off the stragglers):-

Anthak II 11355
    SaintsBoys 11350 (5)
    CaseysCrushers 11203 (152)
    Have You Hird? 11108 (247)
    Off&Trading 11088 (267)
    CrownJulz the 2nd 11066 (289)
    The Baron VonGinasII 11063 (292)
    NtThunda 11053 (302)
    Buzz II 10968 (387)
    Bird Is The Word 10954 (401)
    Bookie 10901 (454)
    Team Ramrod 10796 (559)
    PNG Raskols 10758 (597)

Cheers
    TTH

11. eckie79

eckie79 New Member

Good work Tassie!

Geeze i've taken a tumble down the table in the past 2 weeks...time to pull my finger out!

Good work btw Anthak...gotta be happy with that!

12. TheTassieHawk

i have alsready traded HIGGINS to SYLVIA and will wait and see on a 2nd trade prior to tomorrow nights lockout

13. Midge001

Midge001 Member

Hey, I wanted advice but thought it a little too arrogant to start a new thread for it so hopefully it's relevant to here.
    I'm going to post my current full-strength team and I'm just after some ideas/confirmation of my own ideas for the next steps to take:

B: Goddard, Deledio, Gibbs, Broughton, Grimes, Heppell, Lower.
    Emerg: Stanley, Thompson, Pedersen
    M: Swan, Pendlebury, Selwood, Judd, Goodes, Libba.
    Emerg: Harris, Conca, Buckley
    R: Sandi, Cox
    Emerg: Smith, McCauley
    F: Franklin, Pav, N Riewoldt, Higgins, Yarran, Tapscott, Darling.
    Emerg: Matera, McKernan, Richardson.

Currently ranked 174, have used 5 trades. (1 correctional, 4 for downgrades/upgrades)

Taking the strategy to pull the trigger on some upgrades earlier than others, EG: traded out Duigan for Thompson this week, then upgraded Curnow to Goodes.
    I know Curnow will go up more, but I would have gotten rid of him in 2 weeks anyway, I also needed to cull Carlton players and I can use Goodes' MPP to switch with Pav and cover Higgins for this week, that to me is worth the 60k I'm potentially missing in extra trade value for Curnow.

Next goal is to bring in Chappy ASAP, at the expense of either Yarran or Tapscott/Darling/Harris depending on who I feel will make a better F6 out of those 3.

The team is far from perfect though...Richardson may be on the outs for a while and Pedersen is looking like a perma emergency at the moment.

Bearing that in mind, does anybody have any ideas to improve my thinking? Keen on criticism, so go nuts.

14. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

This thread was actually made for a Trading Games league created by a few people on here.

But I'm happy to give you some advice anyway. Your team is in pretty good shape. I wouldve waited on Curnow but understand with the Higgins curveball. Using Yarran would get Chappy in much quicker, but he could continue to flourish in his backline role. Buckley may be an issue as he stinks it up on your bench. Keep aiming to upgrade your fwd line and then upgrade the last mid round 9-10.

Let's hope Yarran isn't a late withdrawl this week.

In Trading Games news I stupidly forgot to put my WCE and Melb players onto the field and so now will absolutely murder my team and ranking. So stupid.

15. TheTassieHawk

<blockquote>Quote from Nick on April 29, 2011, 09:16
    In Trading Games news I stupidly forgot to put my WCE and Melb players onto the field and so now will absolutely murder my team and ranking. So stupid. </blockquote>

ouch !!!!!!! :(

16. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

I did it in my normal SC team and so in my mind I had remembered doing in it SC and so thats where my wires got crossed.

Too much thinking about huge trades this week!

17. Thunda

Thunda New Member

Nick, I've suffered from a couple bouts of analysis paralysis myself. I,ve got 2 SC teams playing in 8 leagues and i'm in in 3 tipping comp's. Tried to join DT, some how they stuffed up my online rego.

Hats off to those that can cruntch all the stats and still make sense of it all.

Thats why I love this site.

18. TheTassieHawk

2090 (unoffical) for me
    - burned two trades to avoid donuts but should be ok for next rd

19. Sainterz12

Sainterz12 Member

Decided on
    Krak > Tapscott 53
    Tippett > McCauley 61
    with
    Richardson 0
    Otten 0
    still there
    = 114

Instead of
    Otten > Thompson 126
    Richardson > JRoo 109
    with
    Krak 119
    Tippett 0
    = 354

Ouch.

20. anthak

I scored in the 1960's in this team and also in my main team... although this team has sort of taken priority for me lately tbh.

in this team, I had LT on the bench, and he scored more than 5 of my starters.

I had Pittard, Conca and Polec on my mid bench - two of whom scored in 70's - and after seeing the essendon result, I thought I had made a bad decision to start Harris and Swallow, but it ended up alright with my three benchers also having my three lowest midfield scores.

keen to see how i do with this team, cause ranking was pretty good before this round... but I have a feeling I will drop a fair bit with a sub 2000.