hibberd a regular?

Discussion in 'AFL' started by way2serious, Apr 29, 2011.

1. way2serious

way2serious New Member

what are everyone's thoughts on hibberd? not quality wise but whether he is a chance to keep his spot in the side?

2. Pattay

Pattay New Member

Im gunna see how he goes this week before I get him in :)

3. Mattoc

Mattoc New Member

With winderlich and Dempsey out I'd suggest he will play. Would have played round 1 had he not injured himself leading into that match. But just my opinion.

4. way2serious

way2serious New Member

yeh, well i am considering a downgrade to him but i think it is a risk going to him when he may get dropped this on next week

5. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

Injuries + preseason form + named on the wing is all good news.

Should do well against 3 easier teams the next 3 weeks and find his way into (or back into) many teams.

6. Tigerman

Tigerman New Member

I will watch how Hibberd goes this weekend then get him in next week to remove the spud that Jarrad Irons has become. If Port win this weekend which seems highly likely, I can't see Irons regaining his spot.

7. DC

DC Member

I think he will become a regular if he plays like he did in the pre season

Remember he played every game up until his injury!

8. Lucas

Lucas Moderator Staff Member

You have two weeks to get him at this price.

Let Swallow/Harris/Curnow/Libba fatten up then get him

I think you could be looking at three midfielders to downgrade and ideal targets appear to be Wallis, Iles and Hibberd.

Would be nice if there was a MF opening up but it doesn't seem likely.

For mine the best MPP links are:
    DF)
    Grundy-McKernan with Alex Johnson an outside chance later in the year. Hurley not the worst but needs a big few weeks. Markovic has been surprising value.
    MF)
    Krakouer is the only player under valued that's been decent at all. Almost all forwards who are averaging anything decent are MF
    MD)
    Hibberd might be the one to activate a good link there. Heppell to mine would be wasted in the mids and sits perfectly in defence. Most teams would have at least 3 MD in their defences
    RF)
    Petrie-Tippett or Hale-Tippett would be good options; again no good playing rookie RF out there.

I think the FM link will need to go the way of the buffalo unless a rookie stands up soon. That means that teams might need to use the DF link with DM to facilitate an effective "FM"

Sorry if this is gibberish, but I reckon MPP is the reason why people are even thinking of Hibs at the moment.

9. Fez

Fez Moderator

Im looking at a downgrade target to one of many Bachelor/Toy/Heppell/Otten/Swallow/Harris, I could go on with several rookie defenders or mids. So to get him in you would want him to be playing, if he plays 2 games and looks the goods there is an obvious downgarde target possibly straight swap with Heppell in my mids to keep the d/m link

10. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

Lucas do you think that next round is too early to cull Harris or Swallow? They have positive BEs but are travelling nicely. It would allow me to have Chapman and Pendles in by round 8 if I slaughter one of them for Hibberd next week?

11. Fez

Fez Moderator

One of Harris/Swallow looks perfect downgrade at round 9 for the suns second bye(pending what good downgrade targets their is)

12. Matty_C

Matty_C New Member

Unless Swallow smashes it I will most likely be downgrading him either next week or the week after to get enough cash for Chapman. Harris has a bit more growth I feel.

13. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

Yeah I'm thinking similar. I may go Duigan to Thompson this week for cash so I can get cash for Chapman next week. Downgrade Swallow/Harris that week also to keep the cash flow moving so I can go Libba/Curnow to Pendles in round 8 right after his bye.

Its aggressive trading, and not 100% following the "buy low/sell high" strategy, but hopefully will give me the jump on other teams.

Then hopefully Mzungu/Callinan will come into play in the second lot of upgrade/downgrades later on in the year.

14. walesy

walesy Administrator Staff Member

Nick, I'll be looking to dg one of those premium mid rookies next week- gotta be aggressive this year and maximise the cash you can get on the field- plus, there's plenty more fish on the bench to cash out in future weeks! :D

15. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

Yeah I'm thinking the same thing walesy. With the 3 extra bench spots we forget we have a huge 3 more cash cows fattening along. That's why I am not too scared about offing Duigan maybe $20k earlier than I should, or getting rid of Harris/Swallow before they have gasped their last moo....

Gotta be agreesive with well reasoned trading this year I reckon, and picking up Chapman and Pendles right after their byes I hope will serve me well.

16. way2serious

way2serious New Member

thanks for the feedback everyone, yes i am hoping he keeps a spot i think he is looking like a nice downgrade option :)