Is anyone else having the week from hell?

Discussion in 'AFL' started by Sainterz12, May 1, 2011.

1. Sainterz12

Sainterz12 Member

In my SC I was so hard pressed with trades that I wasn't able to get in L.Thompson and JRoo, ouch. I am on 681 after ELEVEN players have played....... There goes the top 1000 ranking overall :(

2. bosco

bosco Member

@ Sainterz12

Yeah mate, I feel your pain. 1103 with 9 to go, half of who will be subs no doubt inc Heppell, the Krak, maybe Toy. Was reading all this stuff about pre lockout trades with

Otten>Thompson
    Richardson>J Roo

Thought better of it and decided against it....seemingly bad move at the moment. Time will tell I guess.

3. Ryhmesayers

Ryhmesayers New Member

Im coppin more donuts than an American police officer at the moment. Yeah bosco was gonna do the richo > j roo as well but opted out, think id prefer chappy and buddy coming in to my fwd line next week. Currently 1294 with 9 to go. Hopefully a lot of people have bad week.

4. Moblets

Moblets New Member

Currently 1656 after 17 have used Cox as captain. Hopefully set to make a bit of ground this week. Very happy with the Otten > Thompson and Richo > j Roo trade. Glad I didn't get trigger happy on Knights..finally rewarded.

5. jaykay

jaykay New Member

Yeah, 1573/17 with Cox as capt. Nick Roo sitting on the bench in lala land sums my round up. Knowing I've missed the Duigan > Thompson train is also a shocker.

6. ragingbulls

ragingbulls New Member

Yes agree - bad week. 1101/13. Many down this week (Duigan, Goodes, Gibbs, Tapscott etc). Pendlebury as captain needs a big day today to recover especially if Heppell Krak and/or Toy are subs. In all reality looking at sub 2000 mark...

7. weazel

weazel Member

i only have heard one person that is happy with there score so a lot of crappy ones this round including me will be lucky to crack 2000 atm

8. Fez

Fez Moderator

im happy with mine considering the quality on my bench am 1480 after 15 with captain played think 2200 will be a stetch but 2100 should be achievable

9. Jay

Jay New Member

Thought I was doing well coming into this weekend, without any forecasted doughnuts, now with some "stars" such as Gibbs & N Riewoldt underperforming, even cracking 2k is looking bleak. Swan & Pendles yet to play, 1297/13 (inc Capt) played. Knowing I'm not the only one adds comfort though. Loving the Otten>Thompson & Richardson>J Roo trade this week.

10. chris88

chris88 1000 Monkeys at 1000 Typewriters Staff Member

1426 from 15 and I'm really happy to be honest.

Have made one error in my bench players - Batchelor spudded it a bit last night for the Tigers (on and off the bench) but really happy.

The Thompson and JRoo trades have gone down a treat as well.

Have Pendles today, as well as Heppell or Libba depending on who players, Krakouer, and my Gold Coast contingent - Matera, Swallow, Harris, Zac Smith.

Hoping for a big game from a few of them and we'll see how we go.

11. ThommoDees

ThommoDees New Member

1307 from 14, including Cox as Capt.

Need all remaining players to hit their average to crack 2k this week... Not feeling very optimistic ATM with Heppell a potential sub, as well as Toy and Krak.

I need huge games from Swan & Boyd...

12. 911HS

911HS New Member

no doughnuts here. but for me it will be hard to score 2000. relying on a lot of rookies now. Made the otten to thompson trade but had him benched. Thought about getting in jack for krak but held off a week. i need krak to score 100 now. Hope to do a duigan to hibberd trade this week which will allow me to move heppell to the backline. Then maybe a krak for jack trade...but thats up in the air, havent decided. tough tough round

13. dabombers

dabombers Active Member

953 from 12 so far, with 5 rookies and maybe the Kraks sub to contend with, Gonna slide from 2000 to 10k position wise this week.
    Went for Cash in the bank this week instead of the smart trades, downgraded Vickery to McCauley and dumped Bewick to Hibbard to cover for the potential donut in Heppell. It might pay off down the road but Its gonna cost me big time this week.
    Missing out on the Duigan to L.Thompson trade is Hurting but as I have all the other cows I'm not so worried.
    Went for the big risk in Captain this week in
    Jobe Watson, here's your time to shine son, any chance of a 200 SC score.
    Next week duigan downgrade then Richardson to Chappy
    Then It looks like Yarran to N.Roo the week after if he's not still seeing stars....

14. Moonwalker

Moonwalker New Member

14/1450

Cox as captain. Judging from other people's scores its likely I'll gain a lot of ground this week on the overall rankings.

15. ThommoDees

ThommoDees New Member

@dabombers

I'm planning to slaughter Duigan this week too, but there doesn't seem to be too many downgrade options? The only one's that I can see are Cripps, (only played 1 game) Hibberd,(1 game) A Johnson (injured) and S Buckley (bye)?

Have I missed anyone?

16. way2serious

way2serious New Member

@moonwalker

im in a very similar possie, i feel as if i am not having the best of weeks but am on 1430 from 14 and had cox as captain and am hoping this should move me up the ranking a bit :)

17. RAR

RAR New Member

Yes, taking some pain too. Might just make it to 2,000 after Essendon flogged all my GC players that are normally benched.

Not sure how much ground we will all lose. Teams set up for the Round 6 win might do well, but most teams looking at overall will certainly hurt from missing starters.

Just checked, I have 7 of my current best 22 on the bench; Buddy, Pav, Sandi, Bartel, Broughton, Grundy, Lower. So after avoiding a doughnut, I will take happily take 2,000 and look forward to next week when I am only missing Swan.

18. frostylane

frostylane New Member

Hoping to just managage 2000 - currently 1731 with Markovic, Swan and Pendles to go.

19. dshaw15

dshaw15 New Member

Why is everyone jumping off duigan? he only neede to score 19 to break even this week and gain another 22k. i will be trading him myself in the next couple of weeks but it seems a bit premature getting off him this week, you lose 22k. traded out otten for thompson, loving that move especially as neil craig has said otten will most likely miss the rest of the year.....

20. chewy

chewy New Member

you sure its otten thought he was talking about p.davis?