Trades for Round 7

Discussion in 'AFL' started by Bettsy, May 2, 2011.

1. Two questions folks.

1. Can David Ellard keep up his average? 2 games @ 105 avg and a break-even of -12. $294,100

2. Can Matthew Scarlett stay fit and firing? 4 games @ 98 avg and a break-even of 48 coming off the bye. $380,300

My thinking is that Ellard could prove to be a valuable semi-downgrade from Curnow, who should score points and rise in price another $100k, and still allow a further downgrade later. Cost of 1 extra trade.

Scarlett Avg 98 has just had a bye and by my maths look to be $100k under price, and still playing well. Is looking at Scarlett too risky due to his age?

2. Mattoc

Mattoc New Member

@Raoul

Libba to wright at adelaide might be the better option depending on job security.

Any rookie to chappy is a good move IMO.

@patash
    Personally mundy or boyd, but i guess i would lean towards boyd cause i have him in my team.

3. Eddodogs

Eddodogs New Member

Tossing up between Mundy and Boyd,

I plan to get both in eventually, looks like Mundy's price will increase over the next few weeks while Boyd's should remain solid.

Mundy is a unique pick i guess and he's averaging over 120.

Boyd prob the conservative pick.

4. RaoulDuke

RaoulDuke New Member

Cheers Mattoc - my concern with Wright is that I already have Thompson and and Smith from Adelaide. If I keep bringing Crows in they'll turn into GC MkII on my bench!

But good call, I will do some research.

@bluebeliever - Ellard will proser because such a high proportion of his touches are contested. He probably scored overs in his first game due to his late long goal. IMHO, I don't think the price gap between he and Curnow is worth it.

My take on Scarlett is this - if they can free him up, he can score through the roof, but every few weeks there is a match up where he has to lock down and scoring wise he's a mess in those weeks. I had him a couple of years ago and it just didn't work out. Perhaps it's different now, Geelong fans would have a better idea than me.

5. mooneh

mooneh New Member

i know its a side trade but im tempted to trade montagna for mundy before he tanks more cash

so for me this week
    varcoe > jroo
    and maybe montagna > mundy

6. Sainterz12

Sainterz12 Member

Bit of a 'fix up' as such in my DT this week

Didak > JRoo
    Ryder > Cox ??
    Thoughts?

Also in my SC which I just did everything wrong

Duigan/Otten > Thompson
    Libba > Wallis
    This is to save up cash to make upgrades of Pendles and hopefully Chappy in R8?

7. Fez

Fez Moderator

Mooneh - hold tough with Montagna, im holding tough with Saint Nick.The varcoe jack trade looks the goods though

8. Bazza16

Bazza16 New Member

Duigan -> Some noob, maybe Hibberd

Mid dude -> Chapman or Judd?
    any news on yarran injury?

9. DC

DC Member

mooneh

No point at all trading Montagna...

Done nothing worth noting last game and still scored a 80... Wait till they start winning again and start playing at eithad

10. DC

DC Member

Sainters12

Didak > JRoo
    Ryder > Cox ??
    Thoughts?

Sounds like good trades if your going for overall.

If you are going for league keep them

11. RaoulDuke

RaoulDuke New Member

@Bazza16

Yarran seen at training today running laps and genreally not doing much. Left early. I'd suggest that Carlton will rest him this week heading into the bye so he's right to go Round 9.

FWIW, despite the club announcing Murph would be right to go Monday against the Saints, he was still favouring one arm at training today. I'd suggest he's not completely out of the woods just yet for Monday night.

I can't decide between Wright and Wallis.

Anyone got a leaning one way or the other? Wright looks like he will increase in value a bit more this week, but what is his JS like?

12. dabombers

dabombers Active Member

Was wondering if anyone had any news about Yarran and Higgins(damm him only got him in 2 weeks ago).

Will change my trading plan from
    Duigan > rookie (Popoullo or Pederson if he replaces Hanson)
    Richardson > JRoo.

Will now probably be
    Duigan > L.Thompson (a week late I know but still cash to be made)
    Yarran > PAV

or if Sissy Higgins is gonna be a marshmallow, go for the double downgrade with Yarran and have enough cash for 4 straight upgrades of R8 Curnow, Duigan,
    R9 Harris and D.Stanley
    That would fill my backline and Mids out.

And leave my FWDS in a mess to Fix up for the rest of the season but lots of trades and cash cows to do this with.

13. RaoulDuke

RaoulDuke New Member

Don't tell me Higgins is going to miss another week because of 'general soreness'??

14. Quantum

Quantum New Member

Whats the general opinion on Michael Coad from GCS? Im looking at going Duigan - Coad and Conca - Iles

Leaving the next week to downgrade to hibberd in the mids, maybe trade out heppel/swallow/libatore, then have plenty of cash for upgrades

15. HeavyMen

HeavyMen Well-Known Member

Guys, I have 18 trades left & am now looking to try & win the cash league I am in after a disastrous 1,843 on weekend my first score under 2,000. (Ave 2,099)

Need to out Gilbert who will plummet further after his stinking 44 (what a double that was with Roo)! Had him as a MPP with Grundy (nice late wdl donut) & thought if Saints were ok he might ave 90 odd as a F or D7. Plan has turned to shite.

Also have Duigan as the only rookie that has a high BE so need to do something there as well.

I'm thinking Gilbert (fwd) to JRoo (cost me $13K) & then Duigan to Suckling (cost me $78) which will see my cash reserves all but gone.

Cash Cows/Cover remaining Tapscott, Polec, Atley, Hibberd, Heppell, Krak, Richardson, Petrie, Z Smith, D Harris, L Thompson, Lower, Conca, Materia, S Martin, Savage & Darling,

Any suggestions welcome.

16. weazel

weazel Member

quantam coad is out for 15 weeks

17. lukew55

lukew55 New Member

hey guys, just wondering what's ppl's opinion on andrew gaff?? this guy has been really frustrating and he's now bleeding money after making me just 45k in profit. he has a BE of 62 next week and is projected to lose more in the coming weeks! please help!

18. weazel

weazel Member

gaff has been the sub a few times which doesn't help his scores i would cut and run personally

19. torcida

torcida Member

<blockquote>Quote from Fez on May 2, 2011, 13:13
    thinkng the one trade Duigan to Ennright, wait another week to bring hibberd in</blockquote>

like this trade
    already got boris so
    im thinkin about trading duigan to murphy -
    next week - prob harris or libba for hibberd

20. weazel

weazel Member

@Heavymen can understand the gilbert trade but could hepp hibb or martin cover for duigan> to new cow then spend the cash elswhere i doubt suckling will be a keeper which will require another trade