Potential Expat League ~

Discussion in 'AFL' started by Simonoz, Feb 8, 2011.

1. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

Yo Justin - what don't they do in Kampong Som?

2. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

<blockquote>Quote from TerryinBangkok on April 18, 2011, 11:54
    Can't seem to be able to view others scores for the round - how did everyone go?</blockquote>

If you rank everyone by total points on our ladder, it will tell you what everyone scored last round

There were 5 teams over 2300, Bill the best with 2377.

I scored 2225, which was about middle of the road as there were 7 teams worse off, including 2 who didnt top 2000

I was kinda happy with my score considering i had BJ, Missy, NRoo and Boydy all on the bench with byes.
    rucks still doing my head in with Ryder spudding it up. but hopefully I can catch up on all the Cox owners with the big fella sitting this one out.

3. TerryinBangkok

Thanks ant for working it all out and giving us a nice easy list to read.
    Was interested to see how Neil went with Humphrey Westoff knocking out a big one.

4. TerryinBangkok

Bewick and Fisher down in just the first game. This will really test me come R6.

5. HanoiHawks

HanoiHawks New Member

Sorry Terry. Been busy. Very modest round for me last week. I was one of the two under 2000. Same trouble for me is that I just can't be online for that final teams lockout. Having two doughnuts didn't help but King Westhoff made me feel better. This round started OK with Goddard and Roo doing OK.

6. snoz

snoz Moderator

BUMP.........

Just a reminder that its another painful partial lockout, so get onto the SC site WEDNESDAY no matter where you are in the world Expats and get sorted for Rd 6

:)

7. anthak

tough week in round 6 - only 2 teams that broke 2000.
    Congrats Neil - HanoiHawks with the top score of the round! Well done mate!

8. snoz

snoz Moderator

Holy crap.....Rd 5 was merely the precurser to the Rd 6 carnage that was....squeaked out a magnificent (LOL) 1926 which seems slightly under-par for the round.

Managed to make it into the Final Four with the Champions Bye League by all of 24 pts ~ ELeviathans how did you do agst Jo / Green Jelly Beans ?

The Expats are holding strong with a mid 50's League ranking......and finally its culling time, thank god!

Some bubble & early watch players ~

Def: Pederson*, Hibberd
    Mid: Wallis, Wright, Hibberd, Iles
    Fwd: Harper

* HAS to get a game soon no?

(any others?)

9. anthak

not sure of any others. the ones you have mentioned are looking the goods. I'm strongly considering Wright, but mainly due to Adelaide playing Gold Coast in what will be his 4th game of season (unless he gets dropped obviously), so may be a chance for a good points scoring game for him.

10. easty01

easty01 New Member

Glad that multi-bye freak show is finally leaving town and we can get back to having a decent team on the field!

@Simonoz - Watson (DEF) is still on the bubble but with Carlton's current form it might be a while until he reaches that third game :(

11. HanoiHawks

HanoiHawks New Member

Cheers Simon

It took a weird bye round for me to do any good. Have used up a lot of trades already but thanks to all for the advice to get me some better points. Keys for me were buying Luke Thompson and a couple of unfashionables (King Westhoff and Jamar) have been good for me. Saints players, on the other hand, have been dire. Just heard that Bin Laden is LTI.

12. TerryinBangkok

@Snoz,

Puopolo also rated a chance to debut this week, according to the club. Pedersen starred for Werribee on the weekend, as did Zeph Skinner for Williamstown. have been keeping an eye on Watson (he's one big boy), but Carlton have a bye coming up.

For those on the bubble, suggest any MPP will swing the decision in their favour.

My DT outscored my SC. Unheard of. Anything over 1900 good - you did well.

Wish I knew where Anthak is viewing our scores from - but congrats Neil - for whatever it was.

13. easty01

easty01 New Member

@Terry

To view everyone's score during a multi-bye round you'll need to bring up our league ladder on the Supercoach website.

At the top of the ladder there are a bunch of tabs, by default it opens at the 'Your League Ladder' page.

Click the tab to the right of that labelled 'Rank by Total Points' and it will display all scores from the past round ;)

DT outscoring SC = craziness!

14. easty01

easty01 New Member

<blockquote>Quote from HanoiHawks on May 2, 2011, 13:54
    Just heard that Bin Laden is LTI.</blockquote>

Thanks for that Neil, I laughed... a lot! :D

15. snoz

snoz Moderator

Tibby.....having Hibb already in the squad, yep sight unseen trade in last week (pre-season form sold that), have Duigan down back who is the only rook who has really peaked. Slim pickings on the d/g though....Poop, Pederson, big head Watson and Jacobs (Port) but he wont get named for a week or two. He also has the ideal D/M tag...may have to take a flyer on Poop/Pede if either named, and consider Jacobs in a few weeks. Big Head looks like he'll struggle to get a constant run.

Love the look of Isles at GC/Wright Ade ~ ideal mid d/g's but no rooks worth moving really...Libe/Harris/Swallow/Curn...just cant justify the d/g yet in the mids with the aforementioned all set to go up fairly significantly.

We've got another week to look at Harper in the Fwds and then theres.....no one else down there?

Had wanted to double d/g this week and put my cash on Wall St which will bounce this week :) with this news of OBL but may take the Poop/Pede cash and splash it down fwd on that gun from Kardinia Park.

With reference to 'that OBL' news....suffice to say there is much dancing on the streets over here today...honestly cant blame them but I'd rather see a more subdued 'gotcha'. I remember the reaction to celebrations by the insurgents over the years was frowned upon greatly over here ~ and here we are doing the same thing. Its a tuff call. We've had a rough few yrs over here economically speaking, and word also out today that the unemployment rate has gone UP the last month shows we have much to do still.

Still, this has been the '100 lb gorilla in the room' for the last decade, so to finally move on from that can only be a step in the right direction.

((side note: Am hoping upon hope that pictures are released to confirm, otherwise the conspiracy theorists will have a field day ))

16. ELeviathan

ELeviathan Active Member

first and foremost - awesome score from Hanoi Hawks!! Way to resurrect yourself mate!!

@Simonz - Green Jelly Beans touched me up as expected - she beat me by 83 which probably had a lot to do with her trading in Adcock (smart!) and me being left with an insipid Batchelor on the field after Grundy's late out.

Anyway, all is not lost as I was very happy I traded Duigan out for L. Thompson (great score and even better price rise!!)

and likewise Simonz - Chapman we be welcomed into the ELeviathans this week with open arms - will be saying bye bye Batchelor and probably Swallow (which is less desirable).

When the "LTI" :) for OBL was announced this morning I must admit my first reaction was I wished they had been more subdued to - but then spoke to a couple of Emiratis and Iraqis about it here in Dubai and their (Muslim) view was the US has every right to celebrate.

@TiB - no love from you for Jacobs (def/mid) - surely after Ports atrocious fortnight he will be in sooner rather than later??? I might punt on him early?

17. snoz

snoz Moderator

Wierd how this &#36;hit happens, but even though Hitler committed suicide the day before, his body wasnt found & thus declared dead until the next day, May 1st 1945. Here we are 66 yrs later, and OBL is declared dead on May 1st.....

18. TerryinBangkok

@easty - thanks for that.

Tiny bit concerned about the trade talk - you guys are doing better than I am at the moment, so not my place to offer advice. It's just it would seem a shame to wash it down the dunny at this point in time by trading in players not on the verge of 3, or trading out players with a low BE. Clever trading now and the next 3-4 rounds will decide the outcome. No probs with Snoz's idea to bank cash.

Raising a bit of controversy on the main page at the mo is my suggestion that I will be holding Duigan for another week. I stand to lose about 5k by doing this. However, it does then give me the opportunity to pick up Hibbs when he is on 3, plus trade over Carlton's bye, which is always an advantage. It also affords me the chance to perhaps get a better look at Poops and Pedersen (the latter doing well in the 2's). And, while on the subject of Hibbs - Fletcher comes back in this week.

In the MIDs, 3 opportunities exist this week, but they deserve closer scrutiny:
    Iles 121,700 BE -39 Rise 43k
    Wright 103,600 BE -42 Rise 43k
    Wallis 103,600 BE -6 Rise 19k
    Iles: JS would seem ok if he can continue to perform, but most would already have Swallow and Harris, is 3 GC in the MIDs one too many?
    Wright: Scoring ok and looks a player, but Crows not yet a settled team. Sloane to return this week.
    Wallis: Killed a bit by being the sub. Projected price rise not dramatic, but should be good over 3 rounds, if he can get them. Eade playing ducks and drakes with Higgins at the mo, but when he comes in, someone has to go.

FWD. Aside from Harper, keep an eye on Mitch Brown (GEE), Tom Lynch (STK) and Lewis Johnston (SYD).

Lots of love for Jacobs and Phillips (and Butcher). I will be totally smitten with infatuation if and when they are on the eve of 3. Not before.

Ottens to Thompson was the trade of the round last week in Wall St. parlance (I did Lester [LTI] to Thompson).

19. bjaensch

bjaensch New Member

Hey Guys,

wasn't last week a freaking disaster?....

I was stick in traffic in Jakarta on my way back to the hotel before lock out, only to miss it by 5 minutes and ended up with Yarran and Missy on the field and Krakouer sitting on the bench in the mids. So a really bad result given Richardson was my emergency in the FWDs and I consciously was taking a zero in DEF (Broughton) as I didn't want to trade just yet. Not that I could have done anything about it in any case.....

What huge FU!

Dropped from 540 to 4440 or so in the overall.

And the Saints lost. Again.

Yes, I (just) managed to put down the razor blades, empty the hot bath I was running and didn't drink that bottle of gin.

Sigh.

Agreed there are some interesting opportunities over the next couple of rounds for cashing out some rookies and getting some premiums in. Mind you, most of my rookies are outscoring my prems at the moment.

20. TerryinBangkok

Tough bjaensch - I got caught the week before and I have spent my share of hours sitting in JKT traffic.
    Time to rebound this week.