Trades for Round 7

Discussion in 'AFL' started by Bettsy, May 2, 2011.

1. bama

bama Active Member

9thplacedtiger, Watson was very solid but got dropped after round 3 or 4, very solid player but I wouldn't pick him until his named.

2. DC

DC Member

If byes were not a factor.

Deledio/Enright for upgrading Duigan

(Del 20k more)

3. bama

bama Active Member

Thinking I might do a double trade this week, Libba-Wallis and Conca-Illes. Next week Curnow-Hibbered and Matera-Harper. That will net me around 650K and will allow me to finish my mids the following week by bringing in Pendles for Swallow and perhaps Priddis for Harris (not sure on that on yet). It will leave me with 14 trades and my Mids, rucks and maybe forwards finished and a couple of upgrades in def. Thoughts???

4. Moonwalker

Moonwalker New Member

I'm keeping Higgins if it's only this round, I have Darling as cover so why worry about one week? If I need to upgrade him I'll do it later otherwise he'll interrupt my trading plans this week - he could still play though.

5. Rufus

Rufus New Member

@ Mo
    Trades sound well planned, if ur getting Iles i wouldn't wait a week tho, id do it this week.

6. adeelite

adeelite New Member

I'm trading Duigan/Hibberd then Matera to Fyfe as have 200k in the bank. Fyfe is due to go up another 40k this week. Hoping he should be able to average 110 for the season.
    Not sure why everyone is rushing to get Enright and the like in. I always trade in based on highest ave first then work my way down. My next three trades based on this will be Chappy, Mundy, Pav provided they all keep their form up. Enright and Scotland etc are going to stay at the same price for awhile as I don't see them averaging much more than they are.
    This way you don't lose as many points to your rivals who already have these higher averaging players.
    I will be waiting for Lucas's best buys to confirm though.

7. Alex

Alex New Member

Hi All,
    Hate to ask here, but can somebody let me know where/how I upload my team?
    Cheers.

8. nawtay

nawtay New Member

You can access it from your profile

9. Alex

Alex New Member

Thanks!
    This site is great!

10. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

I will still be moving on Chappy rather than Enright this week, after Duigan was booted last week by back rookies need some more time to grow.
    I'd also rather Chappy in my fwd line than midfield, keeping that to pure mids except for one DPP link (Krak), and then to Mzungu or Callinan.
    Tough news on Higgins, but it was one of those risks that we all knew of at the start of the season. Didn't think he'd be injured this soon though.
    Mail on Yarran makes the Yarran --> Chapman trade look even better.

I am also surprised on the general consensus on dropping Curnow. I think I may keep him for a bit longer. I wonder if Ratten's comments on giving him a rest at some stage still stand.

11. HUN Standing by last weeks report of Broughton indefinite, during live teams chat on thursday stated that they were correct and have published this week injury list to match

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/footy-barometer-round-7/story-e6frf9jf-1226041482103

Are we going to believe them on this or Freo?

12. BlueBoysRule

BlueBoysRule New Member

I will be looking to upgrade 4 of my mids from round 8 onwards before I look to upgrade any of my backs and forwards.

I want to try and have the following midfield by round 14.
    Swan
    Pendles
    Juddy
    Fye
    Priddis or Boyd
    Selwood
    Ablett

Will see how I go with injuries and downgrading my cash cows etc.

13. thegob

thegob New Member

what are the thoughts on getting Ellard in for Didak? He is on the bubble with 105 average and Didak is leaking money

14. Sainter

Sainter New Member

Ellard and Nahas great options for downgrades I would think

15. DC

DC Member

AFL website reported broughton likely to play this week

16. DC

DC Member

thegob dont trade out didak now after the bye he will come good

17. Sainter

Sainter New Member

After this week what are the thoughts of

Duigan>>Hibberd/or Puopolo (rookie abou to go up, Hibberd perfect option but depends if Puopolo plays and/or Hawthorn get another backline injury
    THEN
    Tapscott>>J. Riewoldt/LeCras/Petrie/Betts depending on there scores. Eddie Betts would be a great buy at $323,800 at the moment and with a score of 114 that could be the start of some more big scores
    Thoughts?

18. Sainter

Sainter New Member

What's news with Rioli

19. CHUD

CHUD New Member

sainter i'd stick clear of betts. might be over his poor patch but far too inconsistent. tapscott to j riewoldt is the option id choose. probably last chance for riewoldt before his price goes well back up in to the 400,000s

20. Rev

Rev New Member

So I was initially thinking I would wait another week before trading any rookies out as most still have more $$$ in them. What about Jake Batchelor though? Low scores so far, and with his lighter framed body is he likely to be in and out of the side this season? And if so, is it worth trading him down to Hibberd this week, which would allow me to trade Tapscott/Matera to Chapman? Thoughts?