chapman v fyfe

Discussion in 'AFL' started by VanderHaar, May 4, 2011.

1. VanderHaar

VanderHaar New Member

gday guys
    im bringing in one of the 2 this week for my mids and to open up mpp with my forwards.

chappy is in great form doesnt have a bye till round 22 is a league final tho if his hammys hold up , geelong seem to be playing ok without gablet

fyfe is on fire , has a bye on a non league round and freo dont have a bad run of games

fyfe is close to 70k cheaper and averaging 4 points a round more

who would you take !

2. LiQuiD_SiXx

LiQuiD_SiXx Active Member

Dont bring either into your mids - save your mid spots for pure elite mids. You will get most benefit having either as forwards.

If you want to open up MPP, downgrade to a MPP rookie and open it up that way.

But to answer your question, I would take Chappy. Fyfe will get the odd 70 but Chappy will always give you 90+

3. VanderHaar

VanderHaar New Member

thanks liquid more to think about !
    yer chappys downside would be worth the 70k extra more in price
    will have a look at permanent mids and spend another day mapping out my trades sigh! harsh game this .

im downgrading duigan like the rest of the world and wanted to upgrade buckly , i know hes going up in price still but with 2 byes and unknown job security , and a sub starting player is driving me nuts weekly now.

4. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

You can trade him into your mids now if you think thats the best spot for him. But just dont finish with him in there. As l6 said, you want genuine elite mids in the guts, and mpp rookies on the pine. But you can always bring one of the said rookies into your forward line later and swap with chappy for team balance when your fully upgraded.

5. DC

DC Member

I wouldnt trade into mids...

I would pick up Chappy over Fyfe

6. itsinmydna

itsinmydna New Member

Vander. I smith may get the nod this week his last few games has been impressive and is M/F

7. Markaninos

Markaninos New Member

yeah i would use the mpp rookie selection idea, but would easily say fyfe over chapman

8. adeelite

adeelite New Member

I am going to bring Fyfe in this week and Chapman in next. Chappy isn't going to rise anywhere near as much as Fyfe in the next few weeks.
    If you can only get one go for Chappy though.

9. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

I think you should have both and swap them around as needs be with Krak (who I am sure you have kept).

Agree with 6 that target for both should be FWD.

10. VanderHaar

VanderHaar New Member

yer fyfes price will still go up a little , chappy should be solid

@dna be nice if smith an puopolo both get a look in shortly ! ;-)

@terry didnt start with krak mate , only had 1 player over rookie mid price range , which was ward who has now gone

to be honest im in a cash league and looking at everyones teams it seems to me 90 % of the teams have the same structure and winning each week comes down to bench choices and captains picks , its quite dull and exciting at the same time if you know what i mean.

i feel like dropping swan and goddard to 2 uniques just so i have someone too cheer against over the next 18 weeks

11. Fez

Fez Moderator

Agree with Adelite, if you want Fyfe to be a keeper get him now as his value is only heading 1 way and thats up. I'd be looking to get Chapman in, in a few weeks his price won't go up that much if anything possibly down.

12. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

Well vander - perhaps that should be your decision point on chappy/fyfe - who represents the bigger POD?

13. VanderHaar

VanderHaar New Member

yer mate ive tried to analyze the chatter of the cash league , wish i had a 5th column in there lol
    last thing i want is to pick fyfe and see 14 others have traded him in lol

14. Alex

Alex New Member

This is killing me! I had Fyfe from the start with the plan to upgrade him to Chappy, but traded him after Geel rnd2, HUGE mistake! However I did get Heppell and Curnow from it for rnd 3. Now I feel awkward chasing him again. Can skim it in to upgrade Libba to Chappy, or I can also go Fyfe + cash. Or can trade NRoo and Knights for the both of them and hold onto the likes of Curnow, Libba, Harris, Prestia, Tapscott, Matera, Richo, Aaarrrgh, any tips?

15. demonspud

demonspud Member

Going to most likely get Fyfe this week as he has some price rising to come.
    If Higgins is out again, will (slight) upgrade to Chappy. Back into league matches and need my forwards to be scoring. Matera I trust, but not Dixon for cover against the BL.

16. Sainter

Sainter New Member

I'd be leaning towards Fyfe, because he has his last bye in the multi-bye round (next week), and Chappy's is in the Semis, if you're going for leagues and you finish top 4 and win the first game you won't have to worry about Chappy's bye, as you'll be promoted straight to the prelim, but if you're going to get Fyfe maybe wait until after his Bye Round next week and he has a B/E of only 60, and he'll easily get that and if he gets 106 (his average) will move up another $20k this week and you may not be able to afford that in R17 depending on your cash in the bank or a downgrade before that. Fyfe also versing GC this week so could have a big one. I have Chappy myself and No Fyfe, mainly cause I have Pav already and i'm in enough trouble next week without Fyfe out to add to that. So I would go
    1. Fyfe
    2. Chappy

17. Worms

Worms New Member

thanks for the reply, i have been leaning toward fyfe, was just turned off by there run home comparisons, but i think fyfe is doing well enough to score well against good teams though?? maybe??

18. Rex_Go_36ers

Rex_Go_36ers New Member

@Worms
    I'd be going Fyfe aswell. Here are some of his scores against the current top 8 sides this year.
    R2: V Geelong Cats = Fyfe scored 49
    R8: V West Coast = Fyfe scored 121
    R11: V Hawthorn Hawks = Fyfe scored 110
    R13: V Melbourne = Fyfe scored 108

Just 1 bad score versing the current top 8 sides this year, that score was terrible. His -100 scores this year have been 49, 71, 58, 89. He's averaged 107 in the last 3 games. He has only versed 4 current top 8 sides this year, from now to the rest of the season he'll verse 5, along with St Kilda, Western Bulldogs, North Melbourne and Gold Coast this week. So he may tire versing better opposition in this half of the season but i think he's the better option, and the bye has come at a good time next week so he can get ready for those tough games.
    1. Fyfe
    2. Chapman
    For me too