Trades for Round 7

Discussion in 'AFL' started by Bettsy, May 2, 2011.

1. tolla

tolla New Member

JaroFath - Rioli should be back next week, i'd look at upgrading someone else to chappy

2. CHUD

CHUD New Member

jaro- id stick fat with rioli. his injury wasnt bad as suspected initially. plus trading sideways is always a risky business.

3. Mattoc

Mattoc New Member

<blockquote>Quote from Tino on May 4, 2011, 14:52

Duigan -> Enright/Adcock
    Higgins -> Fyfe

Or any other combination. I wanna offload Duigan (becuase of high b/e) and Higgins (master of niggling injuries) before heading into head v head again.

Either way, selling off those two gives me &#36;976,400 to play with.

Already got these premiums:

Def: Goddard, Gibbs, Deledio, Grimes

Fwd: Pav, Goodes, Franklin, J Riewoldt

Cheers

</blockquote>

I'd look at hurn/shaw/scotland for your backs and maybe le cras, stevie j or gia for you forwards. Fyfe is good, dont get me wrong, but these guys are more consistent of past form than fyfe (i have fyfe and have had him all season that being said!)

4. demonspud

demonspud Member

<blockquote>Quote from DC on May 4, 2011, 11:21
    demonspud...

Selwood to score 150 this week against North...

His value going up rather then down :p (Wishful thinking from a Selwood owner)</blockquote>

@DC have him too, just wish he was more expensive so that not everyone can jump on him. :(

Selwood for Capt.

5. turly23

turly23 New Member

Hi guy's how do i upload my team?? I went into my profile and into my team, then put in my username and password, pressed upload team and it said my team has been uploaded but I don't know where to find it lol.

6. jojo89

jojo89 New Member

Just some help
    Please...

Have bewick and Buckley in mids ...good idea to keep or cut for iles/wallis/ hibberd??

7. Mattoc

Mattoc New Member

bullet bewick for iles IMO. keep an eye on buckley for the weekend or could easily downgrade to hibberd

8. jojo89

jojo89 New Member

Cheers @mattoc

9. Josh

Josh New Member

I've just sat down and set a bit of a plan for my trades for the next 4 weeks. I've decided im going to go fairly hard and double trade each week.
    Barring injuries of course, i think ill go;
    This week: Swallow to Iles and Higgins to Chapman
    Next week: Duigan to enright/shaw and curnow to hibberd.
    week after: Stanley/otten to puopolo and libba to montagna/hodge
    week after: darling/tapscott to mzungu and harris to hodge

leaves me with only one fwd, back and mid to be upgraded.

And what are people thoughts on when to get rid of Curnow? I'm thinking just before his bye would be almost perfect if you have an adequate m6.

10. weazel

weazel Member

@Turly23 after you upload it you have to save it on the same screen then it should show up.

11. Sainterz12

Sainterz12 Member

I know we aren't meant to chase points, but I really want to jump on these 2 before they absolutely sky rocket

Duigan > L.Thompson
    Higgins > JRoo

That will leave me with around 200k to upgrade Suban (Who I haven't had time to remove due to the amount of injuries to hit my team) to a Deledio/Adcock and prepare for Chappy.

Thoughts?

12. spud

spud New Member

Nothing wrong with the first trade, Sainterz.

Sure, ideally you would have brought in Thompson last week, but with a ~120 in his rolling average for another 2 games, and a BE of -80, he has plenty of coin left to make and looks to be scoring very well too. Coupled with the fact Duigan looks to have slowed down his scoring and is set to lose money this week, it looks like a good trade.

Second one looks okay as well, given the clouds hanging over Higgins and JRoo still being underpriced.

13. alex123

alex123 New Member

Hi all,
    Really need advice, i have plenty of cash to upgrade any of higgins, tapscott, matera, prestia, A Krakouer, C Richardson and knights to Chappy as I want him as my capt this week as well as being a gun. Who should i trade any advice much appriciated.

14. weazel

weazel Member

richo he's gone for a while

15. FixEmUp

FixEmUp New Member

Richardson

16. The_Swert

The_Swert Active Member

Hey guys, i need some help with my team after it scored a shocking 1775 last week without any donuts.

Def:
    Goddard, Deledio, Gibbs, Grimes, Duigan, Lower, Hibberd (Otten, Toy, Batchelor)

Mid:
    Swan, Selwood, Priddis, A Swallow, Heppell, Pavlich (D Swallow, Libba, Harris)

Ruc:
    Sandilands, Cox (Smith, Bailey)

Fwd:
    Franklin, Goodes, N Riewoldt, Darling, Tapscott, Petrie, Matera (Rioli, McKernan, Richardson)

&#36;11.1k in the bank.

I missed out on Curnow by choosing to bring in Libba instead. And last week I chose Lester to Hibberd not Thompson and then traded Krakouer for Petrie. All those trades failed so far.

I want to trade out Otten but not sure if i should get Thompson or Puopolo, both seem to have similar future earning potential. Thompson will earn it sooner but he's more expensive.

Also I'd like to get rid of Richardson but there's really no forward options until Mzungu comes back. Might have to hold him until i can afford to upgrade him to a premium.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

(and before you ask, i had Krak in midfield but swapped him with Pav to bring in Petrie, gave me more cover over the bye too)

17. Sainter

Sainter New Member

Ahh, good few weeks to come I reckon in ters of trading, some good downgrade targets have come along and some MPPs, Mzungu, Isaac Smith, Ben Jacobs has a chance, Paul Puopolo, Wallis about to go up, Kieran Harper mightn't be too bad if he holds his spot, surely they won't drop a Debutant after a big win, Hibberd set to go up in another 2 weeks if he holds his spot also,
    MPPs: Mzungu (FWD/MID)
    I.Smith (FWD/MID)
    Hibberd (DEF/MID)
    (ithink Jacobs (DEF/MID?)

OTHERS:
    Wallis (MID)
    Puopolo (DEF)
    Harper (FWD)

Looking to jump on a few in the coming weeks
    I think I'll be downgrading a few of these players

Duigan (DEF)and could get - Hibberd
    Otten (DEF)and could get Puopolo
    Libba (MID)and could get Mzungu
    Matera (FWD)and could get Isaac Smith
    Tapscott (FWD)
    Harris (MID)

Looks like a lot of cash will be saved

18. Sainter

Sainter New Member

@ The_Swert, Isaac Smith

19. Vtech

Vtech New Member

<blockquote>Quote from turly23 on May 4, 2011, 16:19
    Hi guy's how do i upload my team?? I went into my profile and into my team, then put in my username and password, pressed upload team and it said my team has been uploaded but I don't know where to find it lol.

</blockquote>

truly23 your team should be on the stats page. Login and go to the stats page; your team should be on the same line as the All/ Fresh Meat/ Injury/ Watchlist line.

20. easty01

easty01 New Member

<blockquote>Quote from spud on May 4, 2011, 04:02
    Nothing wrong with those, easty.

My concern regarding Adcock, however, is how will Drummond coming back impact on his scoring?</blockquote>

Cheers for the feedback, Spud

I've heard a bit of talk about Drummond effecting Adcock but the draw is really opening up for him (GCS this week, next 3 at the Gabba against lower teams etc) so I can't see him dropping in PPG anytime soon - a case of now or never I think.

Other options at this stage in defence for me are:

H.Shaw (churning out nice solid 100s but bye this week)
    Fisher (anything Saints-related has me cautious atm)
    Newman (little inconsistent for mine)
    Enright (ditto)

Going for a league win so I'm giving Scotland a miss due to his R23 bye