Mzungu update

Discussion in 'AFL' started by spud, May 5, 2011.

1. spud

spud New Member

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...ose-to-afl-debut/story-e6frf9jf-1226049936164

<blockquote>FREMANTLE defenders Roger Hayden, Alex Silvagni and Tendai Mzungu could return to the AFL sooner than expected after completing a training session. </blockquote>

<blockquote>Hayden (foot) was listed as being up to nine weeks away from resuming when the club released their injury list earlier this week, while Mzungu (knee) was quoted as at least four weeks away and Silvagni (groin) up to four weeks from a return.</blockquote>

<blockquote>But coach Mark Harvey said the trio was close to rejoining the main group at training and could return to playing duties soon."It'd be Mzungu, Silvagni and Hayden in that order (for a playing return)".</blockquote>

2. Josh

Josh New Member

Here's hoping he comes in within the next couple of weeks for a downgrade from tapscott/darling/matera!

3. 911HS

911HS New Member

i'll be sticking him the mids. get rid of those GC boys swallow and harris, + open up multi-pos support

4. spud

spud New Member

+1 911HS.

Am currently stuck with Krak and Prestia in the forward line with no way to get either of them into the midfield to upgrade/downgrade. Smith/Mzungu/Winmar if they show something, will be very welcome.

5. Tino

Tino Member

It will be interesting to see how he fits into the Docker's list once Barlow returns (if he returns).

If Barlow picks back up where he left off next year, he could be an interesting unique pick.

6. snoz

snoz Moderator

Spud...most of the chatter has been that Poop is ready for a run and done very litle wrong in the 2nds, but that Smith, according to the BF boys of Hawkland, has been so-so and most likely not ready just yet.

Your thoughts on this news of both coming up this week?

7. snoz

snoz Moderator

Question answered in a dual thread by Spud already:

Truth be told, I'm more confident of Pup holding his spot once in. Has been up there each and every week for BH and has looked great when I've managed to catch the games.

Smith is definitely worth a shot at senior level, if for no other reason than it will show him what is needed to play at the top level. However he has had a tendency to go missing for large parts of the game which is somewhat concerning. He may simply be one of those players who thrives in the big game and steps up to the challenge.

Put simply - I'd be confident about bringing in Pops before he has even played a game, as I reckon he fills a hole for us, and his ability to play forward and back should keep him in the side for quite some time. Conversely, I would want to see Smith(potential sub eraly?) play his first two games before bringing him in. (but gee, would love the F/M link asap!)

8. crew

crew New Member

Watched Smith (Hawks) live ....He's a spud this year trade in at your own peril.

9. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

Mzungu could be a perfect downgrade for Krak in the mids when he matures!