The new TooSerious website Logo!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by b3no, May 4, 2011.

1. b3no

b3no New Member

Hey guys, first of all let me introduce myself, my names Ben and I'm currently a fully qualified Graphic Designer with 2 years experience under my belt.

As i use this website to aid my SuperCoach addiction id like to give something back to the TooSerious community. Donations are always welcome here, but i thought id offer my skills to help design a new TooSerious logo.

I am not going to take this job on by myself as I havnt been around this website as long as many others, so I would like to get as many members idea's and suggestions as possible, this way we can all enjoy the logo, and the most of us can have an input on the design.

Some examples of suggestions could be like "the logo should involve a football." or anything you feel you'd like to see.

How it will work is after I post this and hopefully get some feedback and suggestions I'll gather all the info and design 3 possible concepts that we can then all vote for the winner, which will then become the new TooSerious logo (hopefully).

Let's have some fun with this and put your thinking caps on and come up with something great!

Any messages are welcome!

Thanks everyone, appreciated!

(please note that im doing this out of my own will & time and doing this to give something back to the forum we all use & love. I also know there alot of forum stalkers who dont post but just read, so come out of your shell and lets get some input.)

2. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

Kind offer. Confess I am happy with the current one and was looking forward eventually to some T-shirts with the current logo.

3. b3no

b3no New Member

The website owner was in the process of freshening things up, and ive offered to do it. To make t-shirts you need raw files for logos.

Once we create the new logo, it can be applied across all mediums whether it be t-shirts, hats or banners, anything as i can supply the appropriate files, i don't want to drastically change the logo, but freshen it up.

Thanks.

4. Lucas

Lucas Moderator Staff Member

Tough one due to the issue with using pictures.

We used to originally have a silhouette of a player taking a spectacular mark, so I think that would be a great thing to return.

That or a silhouette one of the aboriginal players salutes after a goal.

Green, black and white are the colours being used and that should stay for branding purposes.

Victoria Bitter uses these colours so they would be an ideal sponsor!

Not sure about anything else. Maybe in the words of I can haz cheezburger? you could do

"Is TOOSERIOUS?"

5. Owen

Owen Well-Known Member

I think there was a forum post about getting some ideas a while ago. May have been included in the one about the new site layout. There might be some good stuff in there if anybody can find it.

6. b3no

b3no New Member

<blockquote>Quote from Owen on May 4, 2011, 14:00
    I think there was a forum post about getting some ideas a while ago. May have been included in the one about the new site layout. There might be some good stuff in there if anybody can find it.</blockquote>

That would be great if we could find it.

7. Owen

Owen Well-Known Member

8. ELeviathan

ELeviathan Active Member

I reckon the website's owner really needs to lead the brief as the strength of the brand is very important when comes to valuation time!! I reckon the ultimate brand recognition is for the letters "ts" being synonymous with "too serious" without even having to see the words "too serious" anywhere in the logo.

needs to be simple and visually "punchy"

Great initiative b3no

9. walesy

walesy Administrator Staff Member

Sorry, I should have umped into here sooner- stupid laptop and stopped taking a charge, which makes life difficult.

Anyways, loving this initiative, and am a big fan of what I've seen so far ;)

10. Lucas

Lucas Moderator Staff Member

Could the tooserious have a 2 in the logo?

Can't think it would be much better than the current in that case.

11. b3no

b3no New Member

Hey for everyone who input, here is what i have come up with.

http://img824.imageshack.us/img824/224/tooserious.jpg

As i said before i didn't want to drastically change the logo, i just wanted to freshen it up, a hidden element is in the football silhouette hidden in the letter 'S'.

Let me know what you think, this logo can be used on tshirts, mugs, pens, anything so put some input if you have any suggestions,

Thanks.

Ben.

12. Hendy

Hendy Member

Looking good. Ben, any relation to our ben? If so you certainly have changed your stripes!

13. b3no

b3no New Member

Hahaha,

Nah mate, im a newbie, i have been around for a while, but only recently started using the forums, and what a great forum it is!

14. Owen

Owen Well-Known Member

Looks great Ben. What does it look like putting the football silhouette in the o, e, r, and u in the second heading? or is that just too much.

Any reason why you swapped the colours?