Trades for Round 7

Discussion in 'AFL' started by Bettsy, May 2, 2011.

1. DC

DC Member

Maxweas...

I really like those trades and the idea of you getting hibberd into your mids

Lock them in!

2. ConfuciusSays

ConfuciusSays New Member

<blockquote>Quote from maxweas on May 5, 2011, 10:51
    My other potential trade is:

Duigan -> Gibbs
    Conca -> Hibberd

Thoughts?</blockquote>

hmm seems quite unimagitive with gibbs ,plus with the bye in the finals , i suggest going with a pod? newman, adcock, fish? All great options :D

this week gonna go duigie - hibbard
    and curnow - priddis
    i know curnow still has money to make yadda yadda, but i did the math and both priddies and curnow will both rise 20k or thereabouts. So in actual fact i can make the trade early and still make get the little sneaky +30 points from priddis who has a history of scoring huge against the bombers!! :cool: :cool:

3. Beauy

Beauy New Member

DC

So far my backs are:

Deledio
    Newman
    Gibbs
    Grimes
    Goddard
    Heppell
    Lower

bench - Duigan, B.Smith, L.Thomson

Might go with Enright and hope the Kangas play him into some high end form.

4. JPK

JPK Moderator Staff Member

A little help please. I'm thinking:

Duigan -> Thompson (one week late)
    Conca -> Iles

Then next week:

Otten -> Shaw
    Buckley -> Enright (getting rather impatient with some backs...)

Is the general consensus that thi is worth the trouble, or is there something better out there?

5. maxweas

maxweas New Member

@ConfuciusSays

Can't get to Fish, Adcock or Shaw &#36; wise. I have no other Carlton players and as a Richmond supporter I am not convinced on Newman. I didn't start with Gibbs due to the bye but at &#36;413k he seems like a bargain.

6. ConfuciusSays

ConfuciusSays New Member

<blockquote>Quote from maxweas on May 5, 2011, 11:06
    @ConfuciusSays

Can't get to Fish, Adcock or Shaw &#36; wise. I have no other Carlton players and as a Richmond supporter I am not convinced on Newman. I didn't start with Gibbs due to the bye but at &#36;413k he seems like a bargain.</blockquote>

aww well that's no good. Yeah he is at &#36;413k but alot of people have him, you goin for overall or just a league win? Hmm richmond supporter and not convinced on newman?, had him last year scored me alot of tons (11!)take out the 16 in the first round avg would be around 96-98 but the lockdown roles he gets sometimes affect his scores i guess.

7. DC

DC Member

Beauy sounds good to me!!

8. gussy

gussy New Member

Hey guys, what are your thoughts on the following?

B - Deledio, Goddard, Broughton, Grimes, Heppel, Hurley, Otten (Guthrie, Hibberd, McGovern)

M - Selwood, Hodge, Monty, Stanton, Rischitelli, Curnow (Swallow, Krak, Buckley)

Thinking:

Krak > Iles
    Hurley > Adcock

Then later:

Swallow > Mzungu/Smith/someone looking good
    Otten > Shaw

I figure I can let Swallow mature a little more during Krak's bye, and make a few more &#36;.
    I made a few early rookie mistakes in the backs, so having some difficulty with downgradeable rookies now. I'll lose the M/F for now with Krak gone, but will "hopefully" get it back with Mzungu/Smith...

Thanks!

9. DC

DC Member

gussy

Dont trade Hurley..

Expecting some big scores the next few weeks against some lower teams on the ladder

10. gussy

gussy New Member

Do you think Hird will play him up forward where he makes his points? I don't see this happening unless he drops Belcho out of the team, hes been down back the last few weeks.

Having said that, I could probably squeeze through the Otten > Adcock trade with very little left in the kitty.

Thanks.

11. DC

DC Member

With Fletch back he will be starting forward on Sunday!

If you want Adcock this week trading out Otten would be the correct decision

12. Quantum

Quantum New Member

Thinking of a few scenarios this week and not sure which way to go.

Downgrade duigan to hibberd and conca to iles and have plenty of cash for upgrades next week to get in swan and someone else depending on who is culled

Downgrade conca to hibberd and upgrade duigan to enright

Or

Downgrade duigan to hibberd and upgrade conca to selwood

13. DC

DC Member

Quantum

Downgrade conca to hibberd and upgrade duigan to enright!!

14. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

What about Conca to Iles and Duigan to Enright, and then next week Swallow to Hibberd.

15. Quantum

Quantum New Member

<blockquote>Quote from Nick on May 5, 2011, 14:01
    What about Conca to Iles and Duigan to Enright, and then next week Swallow to Hibberd. </blockquote>

Ah yes that would make more sense! Thanks

16. BungKnee23

BungKnee23 New Member

G'Day Lads,
    Got myself in knots as to which way I go... not keen on getting rid of Swallow/Libba/Curnow & the like but their likely to all hit peak the same week so perhaps necessary to cull one now.

Am thinking Swallow-Iles firstly which then gives me a couple of options... could offload Libba for Fyfe which opens up MPP with Krak in the forward line to keep, or simply trade Krak for Fyfe and leave Libba to moo another week, probably has more JS than Krak and presumably playing this week which Krak obviously isn't.

Most of all, unsure on whether or not Fyfe can maintain form and scoring to finish as a F7 by year's end?? (Already have the top scoring forwards Franklin, Chappy, Pav)

Also gives a point of differentiation with everyone getting Enright in this week... would rather upgrade to Shaw after the pies bye next week...

Appreciate any thoughts??

17. FixEmUp

FixEmUp New Member

Duigan is definitely in the gun for me. Whether I downgrade or upgrade is a totally different question.

If I downgrade, it will be to Thompson from Adelaide. Nets me about 100K extra in the kitty but not enough to grab Chappy.

Do I just do that trade and try next week for Chappy or do I get rid of one my faster rising cows like a Libba/Harris/Curnow/Swallow for a cheaper rookie and then use the difference on Chappy?

18. gish

gish New Member

@FixEmUp

This is exactly what I am trying to decide on this week! Really leaning towards Duigan > Hibberd (can then move Heppell to the backs where he should have been from the beginning!) and Curnow > Chappy.

19. turly23

turly23 New Member

<blockquote>Quote from FixEmUp on May 5, 2011, 14:39
    Duigan is definitely in the gun for me. Whether I downgrade or upgrade is a totally different question.

If I downgrade, it will be to Thompson from Adelaide. Nets me about 100K extra in the kitty but not enough to grab Chappy.

Do I just do that trade and try next week for Chappy or do I get rid of one my faster rising cows like a Libba/Harris/Curnow/Swallow for a cheaper rookie and then use the difference on Chappy?</blockquote>

If I was you, this week I would do your duigan > thompson trade and sit for a week allowing libba, harris and swallow to rise a little more, then next week take your pick of which 1 to get rid of.

this week is killing me in terms of trade options, I really need some advice on what to do this week lol

My backline is:

Gibbs, goddard, heppel, grimes, broughton, lower, b.smith(stanley, batchelor, duigan)

Duigan is a definete out this week and I want to upgrade him so I don't have to take a punt on a rookie, so my first choice was:

Savage > iles leaving me with 180k in the bank and then Duigan > newman but I'm just not sure if I should because eventually I want to bring in deledio, don't really want deledio and newman sitting in the back half at once.

The other option I have which is high risk and may sound stupid, is to dump knights or harper or I.smith leaving me with 200k and allowing me to go duigan > Adcock.

Please help!!!!! lol

20. turly23

turly23 New Member

<blockquote>Quote from FixEmUp on May 5, 2011, 14:39

Do I just do that trade and try next week for Chappy or do I get rid of one my faster rising cows like a Libba/Harris/Curnow/Swallow for a cheaper rookie and then use the difference on Chappy?</blockquote>

If I was you, this week I would do your duigan > thompson trade and sit for a week allowing libba, harris and swallow to rise a little more, then next week take your pick of which 1 to get rid of.

this week is killing me in terms of trade options, I really need some advice on what to do this week lol

My backline is:

Gibbs, goddard, heppel, grimes, broughton, lower, b.smith(stanley, batchelor, duigan)

Duigan is a definete out this week and I want to upgrade him so I don't have to take a punt on a rookie, so my first choice is:

Savage > iles leaving me with 180k in the bank and then Duigan > newman but I'm just not sure if I should because eventually I want to bring in deledio, don't really want deledio and newman sitting in the back half at once.

The other option I have which is high risk and may sound stupid, is to dump knights to harper or I.smith leaving me with 200k and allowing me to go duigan > Adcock.

Please help!!!!! lol ;)