Potential Expat League ~

Discussion in 'AFL' started by Simonoz, Feb 8, 2011.

1. easty01

easty01 New Member

@bjaensch - being stuck in traffic approaching lockout sounds brutal. Good to hear you dodged the blades/bath combo but I'd have still brought the gin in off the bench ;)

2. snoz

snoz Moderator

BJ this week, TiB last week.....gotta plan ahead boys and not leave things to the last minute :)

I'll have Midtown Manhattan hell Thursday with the Commander in Chief in town...boy you wanna see lock down...ouch! Add in the security ramp up after Sunday's news ~ all bridges & tunnels manned by a squad, roving patrols all over, oh and the sight of M16's greeting you at Penn Station in the morning...

Question Tib & others....al the talk this week: Wallis/Wright/Isles...who to trade Duigan down to etc...does this all change now with the news that we'll have new blood soon? Mzungo/Jacobs/Poop/Smith

3. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

<blockquote>Quote from Simonoz on May 4, 2011, 20:23
    Question Tib & others....al the talk this week: Wallis/Wright/Isles...who to trade Duigan down to etc...does this all change now with the news that we'll have new blood soon? Mzungo/Jacobs/Poop/Smith

</blockquote>

I dont think it changes anything. we will have others that need to be downgraded soon anyway.

4. snoz

snoz Moderator

Maybe Anth.....but it does give us options to consider over the next few weeks that we might not have had on Monday....so thats the wrinkle I'm talking about.

Setting a 2-3-4 week plan on Monday just got thrown a curve ball.

5. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

@Snoz

If you can run it down, have a listen to Penn Station by the Felucci Brothers.

I am going totally against the flow this week and holding on Duigan. I have convinced myself that a potentially small &#36; loss is acceptable. I am just not sold on Enright or Adcock (have had them both in the past) and the need to let a mid cow go before fully fat to achieve the deal. And there is a bit of downside to each of the 3 mid rookie targets. Drummond and Lake have already been in my long term plans, so happy to wait and see how this pair turns out. TBH, if I was chasing a DEF at the moment I would go to Suckling. Still plenty of up/down options for Duigan over the next fortnight.

Shock and horror time. Remember you read it here first. Have decided to give Roo the flick.

6. ELeviathan

ELeviathan Active Member

just had to sit down after TiB's Riewoldt bombshell. Another massive headline to add to the one from earlier in the week!!

7. bjaensch

bjaensch New Member

I almost got rid of St Nick this week myself, but just could not do it. Decided that Missy's dodgy groin was reason enough to swap him for Fyfe before he goes up any more and decided that Yarran's hammy might not be any good after all, even though he got picked to play. Went with Dangerfield for Yarran, which is probably like jumping out of the frying pan and into the fire.

Would have liked to gotten S. Thompson along with Fyfe, but was short a few k.

Good luck this weekend gentlemen!

8. TerryinBangkok

@bjaensch

Thought I was giving the front page a shake - but a Saints fan actually considering tossing Nick!!! Thinking I might actually give Nick a recall for finals when I can't afford him.

Missy to Fyfe a good move - I have them both :) Major, major, pity about Thompson. Short of cash I would have gone for Sloane over Danger.

May you all be blessed with no late withdrawals.

9. snoz

snoz Moderator

Ouch bjaensch....just reading this and if you stuck to your trades:

Yarran to a concussed Dangermouse & Missy to a popped shoulder in Fyfe. Man that sux, I feel for you mate. If you could let us know who you'll be trading in next week that would be great so we can all avoid the injury :)

I brought in Wright from the Crows who was at least serviceable in that debacle until he got carried off in the 4th. Alas...

Must get up at 5am to watch NRoo show Tibby who's boss. I know he wont but I still....who did you trade him too TiB ?

10. TerryinBangkok

People, nothing would please me better if Roo were to come out and smash it. Even if he were to knock out 200 it would not save me in what has been a miserable week. Think the loss of Swan/Pendles in the middle of upgrading the mids was just too much. Even if he does smash it, his price will drop significantly. Two good scores in a row would mean he is on the road back and at a juicy price. What really put me off is an interview where it was explained how he is experimenting with a new kicking style (which Lloyd thought was terrible) - sounded too much like Tiger Woods to me.
    In an up/down ended up with A. Johnson/Chappy for Roo/Dixon, while in DT went for Jack. Now cashed up as well. The Chappy experiment failed miserably on first outing, but reward will come down the line.
    Cannot believe how low my score will be this week - just goes to show, never listen to me.

11. bjaensch

bjaensch New Member

Simonoz, yes, my trades did not quite plan out as I had anticipated. To put it mildly.

I'll be sure to let you all know what my next trades are well in advance so you can all avoid the same errors of judgement.

Losing Grimes for the season as well has really screwed up my upgrade strategy that I had nicely planned out for the next 4 weeks. Got 19 trades left, a bunch of cows mooing right on schedule and the "grand plan" is falling apart like a cheap sweater.

And the Saints lost. Again.

The shame of being lower than the Suns in the ladder.....

At least I haven't lost a league game. Yet. ;-)

cheers,
    Bill

12. J_in_Japan

J_in_Japan New Member

Injuries and suspenions to key players in addition to byes this season are making it much more difficult to adequately plan my trades. And they seem to be coming right when I've decided that this trade and that will happen next week.

Grimes' LTI will at least throw up some different scenarios for the backline.

13. HanoiHawks

HanoiHawks New Member

I got a bit annoyed yesterday when I saw Jamar was out for four weeks but then realised I could afford Sandilands. Every cloud.....

14. TerryinBangkok

In the same rubber ducky as you Neil.

15. bjaensch

bjaensch New Member

Just in case any of you wish to avoid following my errors of judgement, I downgraded Grimes to Hibberd (I know he probably won't play, I just wanted the flexibility for future weeks and if he gets a game it is a bonus) and Curnow to Watson (yes, I know he has a bye in R10).

Wish me luck and don't laugh too hard at my expense. :-D

Good luck for the weekend gentlemen!
    cheers,
    Bill

16. snoz

snoz Moderator

Cheers Bill,

Have allocated an * to both Hibb & Jobe on my watchlist, noting the potential kiss of death :)

Good luck all...

17. bjaensch

bjaensch New Member

LMAO!!!!

Thanks mate. :-D

18. J_in_Japan

J_in_Japan New Member

Here's hoping that Jacobs makes a good debut and makes a good m/d link for all of us.

19. HanoiHawks

HanoiHawks New Member

Is it Brendan Goddard actually playing the game or some really crap lookalike? Time to bin him?

20. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

<blockquote>Quote from bjaensch on May 13, 2011, 15:43
    Just in case any of you wish to avoid following my errors of judgement,
    Curnow to Watson
    </blockquote>

The kiss of death by bills trades!!!

Although hibberd worked out better than expected.