Trades for Round 7

Discussion in 'AFL' started by Bettsy, May 2, 2011.

1. Sainter

Sainter New Member

Adcock for Captain this week? Aginst Gold Coasat, he's been averaging 110 against better sides as they are the worst at the moment, you think he could get 140+?

2. Sainter

Sainter New Member

Raphael Clarke, David Armitage, Jack Steven, Brett Peake, Nicholas Winmar, Jamie Cripps, Ryan Gamble

Boy am I glad to see you Winmar, and Siposs named on field AWESOME \\

3. BennyC88

BennyC88 Member

Sainter:

True, but then again I'm thinking Sandi vs. Richmond or Chapman vs. North at Skilled.

I wouldn't say no to the idea that's for sure

4. Quantum

Quantum New Member

So a few rookies out has changed my trading plans.

Traded out Libba for Iles, made cash and to avoid a donut.

Now unsure of where to from here, do i bite the bullet and rid myself of higgins and pick up selwood or any other good options atm?

This leaves me with some coin for upgrades next week, possibly swan

Or do i trade out duigan to Enright? Im leaning this way, as to give higgins a chance to get back and if not he will be out of my team next week which will open up for any upgrade with him and if he plays well then hopefully his av keeps up, and also duigan may decrease this week leaving me with a tad less cash to play with for a back upgrade next week

5. gish

gish New Member

With Libba out this week I have decided I will trade Duigan > Hibberd and then upgrade Libba > Chappy. Although I have only had Libba since Round 3 he has made me some money so will be happy to trade him this round. I still have Harris and Curnow to fatten a bit more in the midfield.

The other option is to trade Tapscott for Chappy and hold onto Libba a bit longer.

6. Like a V6

Like a V6 New Member

What do people think about Ellard?????

7. damnfunky

damnfunky New Member

I'm sticking to my duigan>enright trade. with libba out I have a donut in the mids. but I checked my main leagues opponent, in the team they have they have 4 donuts on the field. obviously they could do 2 trades and fix 2 up. I should be safe for the win...

hmmm. or is it too risky to do nothing? hmmm hmmmm

8. b3no

b3no New Member

All talk about Iles, what about Wallis? no love? Iles has a bye in two rounds and wont go up in price any quicker than Wallis?

9. weedoo

weedoo Guest

Fyfe or Pavlich in this week? Looking for who will be the better scorer from here on out, plus to an extent value for money. I dno I just want to know who to get haha. Looking for league win.

10. The_General

The_General Member

OK maybe I'm going slightly crazy but some thoughts on this brainwave would be great:

Trade Swan to S. Thompson / Chappy / Selwood this week
    Trade Rioli to Fyfe this week

Trade Curnow to Hibberd Rd8
    Trade Swallow to Chapman (or similar) Rd8

Trade Harris to Rookie Rd9
    Trade Matera to Rioli (or similar) Rd9

I haven't done the sums, but it will either be 5 or 6 trades to get 2 additional premiums, whilst also gaining lots of points from having Swan and Rioli out for Rd7, as well as the easy 2-3 weeks both Adelaide and Freo have. It also frees up a bit of extra money and allows Curnow and Swallow to fatten a little bit more.

I know its sideways but I will always be bringing Swan and Cyril back in. (BTW both are due for significant price drops while both Fyfe and Thommo are due for rises.

Cheers

11. tAdmin

tAdmin Guest

@The_General

I'd advise you to do the maths.

Bear in mind that I don't know what your situation is regarding cash, cows and coverage, but what you're suggesting is to bring in two premiums over three rounds, plus a gain of ~90k and ~110 points.

To be honest it's not the craziest plan I've ever heard.

I guess you have to weigh up whether that cash and points is worth the loss of trade tempo, as most teams will be getting three premiums in over the next three weeks.

Interested in the workings out if you get around to it.

12. Sojaldo

Sojaldo New Member

I had planned on going:
    Curnow > Iles & Duigan > Enright
    But now that Libba is out I need to offload him instead to avoid a donut in midfield.
    Can't afford Enright if I go Libba > Iles so I'm looking at getting Wallis instead.
    Does it sound like I'm making the right move?

13. The_General

The_General Member

Hornsy,

Ran the analysis and ends up being 8 trades for 2 additional premiums + 130 extra points and $45k extra.

Worth while?

I need to trade anyway this week coz im copping a zero with Bewick and Irons not playing. I've already downgraded Duigan, so it feels to me as if a Irons => Iles/Wright is a bit of a waste of a trade.

14. The_General

The_General Member

Compared to 7 trades for 3 premiums if I just swap Bewick or Irons.

15. Mattoc

Mattoc New Member

looking to trade out petrie to either sandi or mummy. who do you think has a better run for the rest of the season???

just looking at a league win now by the way.

16. Albertonflyers

Albertonflyers New Member

Need some cash to get Adcock and Chappy next week. Have Duigan but not enough cash to upgrade to Adcock even if I trade out Libba for Wright or Wallis, so thinking will do a straight trade Libba to Wright/Wallis this week, free up some cash.

Also have spud J. Irons who I need to get rid of at some stage. Only had three trades so far. Do I trade him for Iles this week so next week I can trade Harris for Hibberd, or sit on Irons and conserve the trade.

Love some feedback

17. Mattoc

Mattoc New Member

@albertonflyers

irons back on the rookie list so will be lucky to make it back on the list from what i hear, unless there is a LTI. could be time to pull the trigger on him.

Adcock could be a risk with drummond coming back over the next few weeks might lower his points output. Chappy is a must get over the next few weeks IMO.

good luck

18. Manc1

Manc1 New Member

Mid Downgrade... Iles, Wright or Wallis?? Reluctant to take Iles as already have GC mids (bye rd 9). Don't like Hibbird's JS. Was also considering Phillips / Jacobs, but might use them as downgraders in a few weeks.
    One name answers would be great...

19. Mattoc

Mattoc New Member

wallis

20. r

r New Member

My plan was to downgrade savage this week to get the $$ to go with a downgrade and upgrade next week to get pendles next week. Savage's average is about his breakeven so he wont go up much more. Now that Libba is out i need to start savage. Should i

1. stick with the original plan and trade Savage down to wallis/wright; or
    2. trade libba instead and miss out on the extra price rise from libba; or
    3. wait another week to get pendles

what do you guys think?