Trades for Round 7

Discussion in 'AFL' started by Bettsy, May 2, 2011.

1. Albertonflyers

Albertonflyers New Member

Thanks Mattoc. Think that confirms my leaning. Next questions follows on from Manc's - Which two to trade in out of Iles, wright and Wallis? Probably will go Iles and Wallis.

2. Wookks

Wookks New Member

Anyone rate Hartlett for Port as a well averaged POD. Has had huge raps over the last couple of seasons, reasonable results when on the park and seems to be pulling it together. Only concern would be he suffers from 'higgens-itus'

3. tAdmin

tAdmin Guest

@The General

Yeah, fair enough. Given the two options you've outlined, I'm leaning towards your plan.

On first glance it seems like an enormous waste of trades, but ultimately it's all about points and the 130 points would seem like it makes up for the loss of 2 Premiums that the competition will be gaining in the same time period.

So, I say go for it. With the caveat that you make sure you have rookies ready to double trade to premiums after that 4 week period ends. Because that's what the competition will be doing.

4. Beauy

Beauy New Member

Hartlett has been one of 'Port Power's' best players this season.

Primus wants players who can carry out his game plan and their a number of well known players having a kick in SANFL that are not towing the line.

Of the 6 or 7 players that are doing things right, Hartlett is one of them. I watched last weeks game and while Power were shite along with a fair whack of their team Hartlett consistently had the ball and his disposal was by far the best of the teams.

Great POD as only 2638 have him and over the next 3 rounds his price is on the up - jump on.

5. HotPiesColdDrinks

HotPiesColdDrinks Member

Ok, not sure what my plans are. Only got $7,800 in the bank, so I can't really do 1 downgrade and 1 upgrade, as I will fall short on players I was targetting, and I don't want to bring in someone else, just to make an upgrade for the sake of it.
    Ok, I have Swan, Pendlebury and Krakouer (in FWD) on the bench.
    My main issue is in my midfield where I will be copping a donut right at this stage with Pendles, Swan, Bewick and Libba all out this week.

Ok, so at this stage, I'm thinking:

Duigan to Hibberd

for my second trade, I'm not sure whether I cash in Libba right now and make a little bit of coin and use cash for 2 upgrades next week, or finally give up on Bewick, and make very little cash on him by trading him for someone else, and letting Libba grow just that little bit more.

Also thinking out the box, I also have Rioli and Higgins up forward. I don't really want to get rid of either just yet, I want to hold out one more week or something.

I should win comfortably in my league game this week, I am playing the whipping boy who comes last every year.
    For overall, I am about 700pts off the pace, sitting at 2,279 overall.

Thoughts?

Duigan > Hibberd

Libba or Bewick > another rookie

Then next week maybe make 2 upgrades (might fall short if I do the Bewick trade instead).

6. 22nd_best_on_Field

22nd_best_on_Field New Member

<blockquote>Quote from Like a V6 on May 5, 2011, 19:38
    What do people think about Ellard????? </blockquote>

Also am interested in finding out little more info about Ellard. With an average of 105 @ 296k and about to jump 50k odd, he’s an interesting package but need to know alot more about him..
    He has only played two games over R5 & R6 was very consistent (106,104). His efficiency in using the ball is a concern – can any Carlton lad’s provide some incite about him? How many games is he likely to get his year? Does the injury cloud over Murphy Improve Ellards JS somewhat?

7. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

Be careful on Hibberd, Sixx has just said on the Wall that he was named to play for the VFL.

BLOODY HELL!!!

8. tAdmin

tAdmin Guest

@22nd and all other Ellard watchers

At his price your banking on him being a keeper, and even with his average over two games, he's not. Keepers in the midfield *should* average 110+ over the season (or what's left of it) and generally come from the two best midfielders in their respective teams.

Ellard is behind Judd, Murphy, Scotland, Gibbs and Simpson in that midfield pecking order, and is directly competing for *inside midfielder* points with Judd, Curnow and arguably Robinson. There just isn't enough pie to feed all those mouths.

At the start of the season I would have considered him an ok mid-price gamble, average 85 and maybe gain you 100k in quick time. With it being Round 7, and the magic number being consequently lower, he's going to have to keep his average at what it is now to make that kind of cash. Why you would consider this option over a rookie who could make that cash for ~200k cheaper is baffling to me.

So, to Elllard as a keeper, I say no.

To Ellard as a cash generator, I say no.

Do think he has pretty good JS if he keeps his form up, which I think he will. But that's not really SC relevant.

9. jojo89

jojo89 New Member

Hibberd"s JS is doing my head in

10. mo_cheeks

mo_cheeks New Member

Hi all,

I've completed my trades for this round:

- Libba to Iles (wanted to go Swallow but was forced)
    - Duigan to Dids

Have used 4 trades, now have 202,900 in the bank.

Next week I'm planning on Markovic to Hibberd (hopefully he keeps getting games) and Matera to Chappy. After that hopefully Poup's is ready on the bubble and we'll see what else is around.

Good luck.

11. b3no

b3no New Member

12. HotPiesColdDrinks

HotPiesColdDrinks Member

Any other good downgrade option for Duigan, if Hibberd doesn't play?

Got Thompson already.

13. b3no

b3no New Member

Pederson from the Kangas is replacing Hansen.

14. cyclopath

cyclopath New Member

HELP PLEASE I AM STUMPED

Team this week.

Gibbs, Adcock, Goddard, Heppell, Enright, L Thompson, Gilbee. (Duigan, Stanley, Toy)

Curnow, Cotchin, Pittard, Boak, Harris, Swallow. (Swan, Pendles, Libba)

Cox, Sandi. (Smith, Trengrove)

Fyfe, Pav, J Roo, Goodes, Darling, Tapscott, Matera. (Higgins, Walker, Prestia)

I have 1 trade and &#36;67,300 left this week with 18 trades total.

Looking at Duigan - Shaw next week, Boak - Judd in 2 weeks, and Higgins - Chappy in 3.

Need downgrades to fund and opinions on these trades. Also should I do another trade this week and if so who? (prob get Iles is my pref)

15. Wookks

Wookks New Member

To HotPiesColdDrinks - Duigan is a very popular trade out choice this week based on his high BE, however it seems like we need to see a little more of the downgrade options (of which there are a lot available) ie will they get picked and how will they perform ...

16. Midge001

Midge001 Member

@Cyclopath
    If you have Duigan on your bench you may as well dump him now because he will probably devalue this week. You could look to Puopolo or Pedersen (who has just been included) although it's a risk as you don't know if/when they'll play their third games.
    Consider Curnow > Judd instead of Boak? He should be peaking at about that time and I'd back Boak to outscore Curnow over the rest of the season.
    For the Higgins upgrade, Tapscott should be right to go to a FWD Rookie (maybe Isaac smith if he becomes a regular) to give the cash for Chappy.
    Although, by that stage it might be an option to upgrade Darling instead, depending on Higgins' fitness, if he's fit in 3 weeks and still churning out 100s there's no point getting rid of him.
    IMO when upgrading you should be looking at upgrading your rookies first, wherever possible, as opposed to your mid to mid-premiums.

17. Wrighty

Wrighty New Member

Id get rid of higggins if hes on the same path as last year will miss more games. for a cheap as chips rookie consider Muzungu from Feo was a walk up start for the first game until injured, gets a lot of the ball and runs all day.

18. JamesNanks

JamesNanks New Member

Hey all, first time poster.

Looking at trading Duigan to L Thompson and upgrading Laidler to Newman. Newman is pretty reliable and I figure is a nice POD (9.29&#37; owned).

Only issue is that with Cyril, Dids & Krak all out I'm pulling a donut in the forward line...

Thoughts??

19. AndrewW

AndrewW New Member

Went with

OUT Duigan (&#36;270,600) IN Enright (&#36;460,600)
    OUT Liberatore (&#36;268,800) IN Wallis (&#36;103,600)

now have &#36;100k left in the bank plus 18 trades hoping to keep my spot of 317 for another week