Round 8 Trades

Discussion in 'AFL' started by stkildathunda, May 8, 2011.

1. JMac

JMac Member

Great forum guys - keep up the good work. Love it!

Looking at following trades this week (have 17 left, aiming to win league, currently 6th.

-- TRADES ON TABLE --
    OUT Petrie *moo*
    IN McCauley *mini moo*

OUT Matera
    IN ROK

-- My Team --
    DEF: Deledio,GOD,Enright,Gibbs,Broughton,N.Lower, L.Thomspon,Grimes*doh*,Duigan, Toy

MID: Swanny, A.Swallow,Ellard, D.Harris, Curnow, Libba, D.Swallow, Conca, Prestia

FWD: Pav, Franklin, Fyfe, Hurley, N.Roo, Tappy, Darling, Matera, S.McKernan, C.Richardson*crud*

RUC: Cox, Sandi, Petrie, ZacS

Any feedback most welcome.

Seriously - rip into it if you have better ideas, not hard given I'm pretty green.

2. DIMSIM101

DIMSIM101 New Member

Does anyone here think Clay Beams is a worthwhile downgrade as a MID... Still only $137,000??
    Looking at CURNOW to Beams and holding off on Isaace Smith Downgrade till next week??
    Thoughts??

3. JMac

JMac Member

Quick add on to my above post

I was going to trade out the obvious Curnow & Grimes but someone kindly reminded me that if a player doesn't play they don't drop in value.

As a result, I plan to trade out Grimes next week once I have generated more $ from this week's trades.

Plus I can't go past the cash generator in Petrie > McCauley - particularly since Broc should go up in value nicely and provide more $ for upgrades before finals...

-here's hoping anyway.

4. Fastball49

Fastball49 New Member

So this is my first post... Loving reading everyones helpful thoughts thus far, playing in a competitive work league and sitting 2-2 currently and really want to win, any comments on my squad would be greatly appreciated

DEF: Delidio, Adcock, Heppell, Goddard, Broughton, L Thompson, Toy, McKernan, Tape, Talia

MID: Swan, Pendelbury, Chapman, Cotchin, Harris, Libertore, Curnow, Wallis, Mzungu

RUCK: Sandilands, Cox, Z Smith, Derickx

FWD: Pavlich, O'Keffe, Fyfe, Rioli, Higgins, N Riewoldt, Tapscott, Petrie, Matera, A Krakouer

My thoughts are to get Pedersen this week and cull one of these 3 (Toy, Tape or McKernan) and then get rid of Rioli (High BE and what i feel could be a long year of possible resting weeks) and bringing in Sylvia

5. RAR

RAR New Member

@Fastball49 I'd be keeping Rioli - seems he will play this week whereas Higgins won't. I also wouldn't expect Pederson to play as he came in for Hansen who is now right to go. Maybe downgrade Curnow and upgrade in the backline where you have 5 rookies.

6. taminater

taminater New Member

what is everyones thoughts on grimes to gilbee trade? i know gilbee will prob still go down a bit more but i def see him pulling out some more consistent big scores from now on.

im short on cash and don't like any of the downgrade targets this week really want to wait till next week.

7. meataxe

meataxe Guest

@jmackley:

Reckon you need to start getting some of the top mids into your team, fortunately for you there are plenty who are cheap at the moment - Selwood, Judd, Murphy, Dal Santo, Montagna when he returns, etc.

I'd get rid of Grimes and/or Curnow first, their prices may not move, but they won't contribute any games anytime soon either...

Instead of trading Petrie out, you could consider getting rid of Z. Smith for cash, and getting J. Tippett into your forwardline (activates F/R MPP) - this will allow you to flip Petrie around as required, hopefully he averages 90. Having said that, Smith still has a little bit of mooing to go, but could be ripe in a few rounds time...good luck.

8. meataxe

meataxe Guest

@Fastball49,

Dunno how many trades you've got in hand, but I'd keep Rioli for now. You can concentrate on upgrading your other rookies for now, and deal with Rioli/Higgins later when you're done. Hope that they are 1-2 weeks away - you've already waited for 3 weeks, what's another 1 week?

If I were you, I would be going for premiums in defence, as this is your weakest line (plus the fact you have a non-starter in Talia)...you want to avoid donuts from withdrawals, or relying too much on Toy/McKernan/Tape. Perhaps chop Curnow and upgrade a weak defender?

You can also chop Z. Smith for J. Tippett in the future as well, keep that in your back pocket for a rainy day...

9. meataxe

meataxe Guest

@taminater - Gilbee on the slide for mine, but if you feel stronglee about him, go for it.

10. alex123

alex123 New Member

Hi all,
    Thinking this week going grimes>shaw and knights>ROK. Already got delidio, broughton, goddard, gibbs and fisher(def) and goodes, pav, franklin, chappy, N Roo (fwards) as prems, i am trying to stay away from anyone who as byes in the last rounds for the league win. Thoughts on ROK and shaw as prem upgrades? Thanks.

11. torcida

torcida Member

alex123 thumbs up :)

12. jojo89

jojo89 New Member

This grimes saga is doing my head in!! Haven't got much cash in the bank and 17 trades left, no deledio or adcock....should I trade or just hold on?? If I try make the cash then spend it on adcock I won't have any left again!!

13. lukew55

lukew55 New Member

hi guys, anyone have any info on andy otten's injury?? i also have grimes and higgins so looking to offload some dead weight this week!

14. Midge001

Midge001 Member

Hey Luke, there's a preview of the game here that mentions him still being out indefinitely, it's all I've got for ya. http://www.sportal.com.au/afl-news-display/preview-adelaide-v-gold-coast-122022

15. torcida

torcida Member

jojo89 its good to have some $ on the side sometimes but i dont c the point of having it sitting there, better trade stright away if u gonna be doing it anyway . unless u r waiting on someone from carlton

16. jojo89

jojo89 New Member

Cheers mate thanks for the advice

17. dazza71

dazza71 New Member

brady rawlings could be a straight swap for grimes, hes a bit like j roo was a couple weeks back price wise, worth a thought?
    cheers

18. torcida

torcida Member

u welcome - this helps . http://tooserious.net/trading-strategies#more-2963 thnx to walesy .......
    not sure about rawlings or pratt dazza

19. lukew55

lukew55 New Member

thx Midge001 it's a shame because there were still money to be made with otten but i guess it's bye bye time

20. weazel

weazel Member

have not seen last few north games but rawlings had been used in a negating role that may have changed now but keep in mind when picking him up