Round 8 Trades

Discussion in 'AFL' started by stkildathunda, May 8, 2011.

1. clackerz

clackerz Member

@whips. Don't want to sideways trade really. I'd only do that if my hand was forced - i.e. donut
    Prol just hold fire this week.....

2. dazza71

dazza71 New Member

anyones thoughts on grimes to nikoski?

3. HotPiesColdDrinks

HotPiesColdDrinks Member

Not sure what to do now. I had an idea earlier in the week, but was hoping Higgins or Rioli (at least one would play).
    I'm about 700 points from the lead overall, so still not sure if I should still try pursue it, or forget it.

But here is my current team and I have $209,000 in the bank.

Backs
    Deledio, Gibbs, Goddard, Grimes, Broughton, Lower, Thompson (Batchelor, Toy, Puopolo)

Midfield
    Swan, Judd, Pendlebury, Heppell, Swallow, Liberatore (Harris, Conca, Wallis)

Ruck
    Cox, Sandilands (Smith, McCauley)

Forwards
    Franklin, J. Riewoldt, Goodes, Tapscott, N. Riewoldt, Darling, Krakouer (Matera, Rioli, Higgins)

Ok, I bolded the players I am considering making some moves with.

Earlier in the week, I was thinking this:

Option 1:
    Matera to Patrick
    Conca/Harris (Harris became an option when I saw he is missing) to Selwood

This was assuming that Higgins or Rioli was playing, and I was going to upgrade Grimes the following week. I just haven't liked having 3 premium midfields, I really feel like I need a 4th, so wanted to go this way.

Option 2:
    Grimes to Shaw/Enright/Newman
    Higgins to Pavlich

Now that Higgins and Rioli are both missing again, I'm thinking I should maybe get rid of Higgins, though I really wouldn't mind waiting another week, but this will be 2 weeks in a row with 2 premium forwards out.

Really wouldn't mind Shaw, but not sure if I will be too Collingwood loaded with Swan, Pendles, Shaw and Krakouer (though I am thinking to offload Krakouer before the R14 bye depending on circumstances).

4. Muttley

Muttley New Member

Just did
    Curnow - Jacobs
    Harris - Mitchell

Harris' injury made my mind up on him.

5. Wrighty

Wrighty New Member

Daza Nico's in good touch and hes kidking goals but he can butcher a poss or 2.Still cheap with good upside.He's in my side but im a W.C tradgic.I bet a alot of sides are wondering how J.Sweetie! snuck through the draft

6. traviso

traviso Active Member

Thinking to offload curnow from mids and J.obrien or matera from fwds.

downgrades would be

I.Smith either mid or fwds
    and who? No other mids or fwds look that great?

Any comment on the guys below?
    T.Lynch from GCS? Fwd
    B.Retzlaff from BL? D/F
    N.Gordon from Syd? Mid
    B.Jacobs from PA? D/M (not even played yet not really a safe choice?)

7. chris88

chris88 1000 Monkeys at 1000 Typewriters Staff Member

Mitch Duncan > I Smith
    Curnow > Watson

Was impressed with Smith last week and am willing to take a chance on him.

Holding Grimes until Jacobs gets a game or two under his belt or we get a clearer picture of Puopolo's JS.

Next week hoping to downgrade Grimes or Stanley to a back rookie and upgrade Swallow to Chappy, Pav or, if the opportunity is there, Swan.

8. dazza71

dazza71 New Member

i went mundy over watson only because of byes, mundy is in a SC bye round but watson is in SC Granny

9. DC

DC Member

Chriss88

I am thinking of picking up Watson this week as well...

What made you pick him over penders??

10. J_C

J_C Guest

@ traviso - Lynch or Jacobs for me. Lynch looked alright last week and with Gorringe out, he seems like he'll get a good run of games. Jacobs highly rated at Port and was pencilled in for games (i believe) before getting Glandular fever.

11. damnfunky

damnfunky New Member

this week I am going to:
    harris>selwood
    Grimes> b jacobs

bringing it jacobs a risky move but sets up the rest of my trades in the coming weeks :)

12. J_C

J_C Guest

@ damnfunky - I'm looking at something similar. Agree there is a risk with Jacobs, but for me the potential rewards outwiegh the risk.

I like Selwood at the price, but as I already have Bartel, I'm not sure I want to carry both. Considering Mundy, but it leaves me almost tapped for cash. Not sure.

13. port_leschenault

port_leschenault Administrator Staff Member

I don't really have the time to read through 20 pages but what are the potential midfield downgrade targets this week apart from Smith? Anyone from Suns worth a look at?

14. BungKnee23

BungKnee23 New Member

Took the punt on Smith as needed to dump Grimes & Curnow to avoid donuts...
    Curnow > I Smith
    Grimes > Shaw

Looks as though there's a few others who've done the same. Not sure on I Smith's JS once Cyril gets back but hopefully he hangs around a while.

Which two of Krak/I Smith/Darling should be on field... got a feeling Krak will be sub which would answer that quickly.

Looking long term, what are the experts thoughts on Heppell now becoming a keeper given lower than expected stanrdard from defenders thus far (IE, not many avg > 100) and that Grimes is gone for the year?

15. damnfunky

damnfunky New Member

@jolcon, i wouldnt have 2 cats in the mids but thats just thinking ahead to the finals. mundy is a very nice choice but I am personlly staying away as i have fyfe already.

ablett is due to be under $500,000 after this round...tempting also but would have to wait another week due to the bye

16. Zander

Zander Moderator

@ Hot Pies Cold Drinks.
    I like option 2 a lot better, it will most probably keep you closer to the leaders anyway. As to wether you go Shaw, Newman or Enright... I would be leaning towards Enright or Shaw, but you are closer to the lead than me so what do I know? :)

17. spud

spud New Member

No idea what to do this week yet. Grimes and Curnow the obvious ones that have to be moved on, but with an additional few players selected only on the extended interchanges, will wait until 5pm to see exactly what can be done with re-shuffling and if donuts are going to happen, and where.

Still humming and haring about going tonight. Can sneak in on mothers membership (cats) and if it wasn't live on telly, would have been an easy choice. But in this weather, live on telly, and 85k people cramming into packed trains...eek!

18. badger

badger New Member

Just pulled the trigger. :eek:
    Grimes out - Shaw in
    Otten out - Murphy in. I was lucky I had some spare cash in the kitty.
    Sh1t it makes me nervous clicking on "complete this trade" I must have checked it 10 times before going for it!
    With Gibbs and Duigan sitting on the bench with Toy, if Poops doesn't play Im looking at a doughnut!

19. HotPiesColdDrinks

HotPiesColdDrinks Member

@Zander

Cheers buddy. That's what I am leaning towards right now. If at least one of Higgins or Rioli played, would have gone with option 1, just because I really want a 4th premium midfielder. But can't really afford to have 2 premium forwards on the bench again.
    Leaning towards Shaw or Enright though.

20. Midge001

Midge001 Member

@Spud, enjoy it in warmth mate, then join me to see the cats in on Queen's birthday weekend when they play some real opposition ;)