Round 9 Trades

Discussion in 'AFL' started by Pecks, May 16, 2011.

1. homerj

homerj Member

@Pecks - sounds like an alright plan. I assume Lynch is Q Lynch from WCoast, he's playing well but personally I would not be completely sold this will continue. But with lack of other forwards doing well may as well take a risk!
    I'm also debating whether to put Ablett in, I avoided him at start of the year as didn't know how he would go in a new team. He's done pretty good and the weekend was just amazing, but mind you was against Crows who aren't that good at present with no real taggers. Even though he is a great player, I'm still not completely sold on him yet for my team especially with lots of other midfield options around.
    Just my thoughts :)

2. bigbrowndog

bigbrowndog New Member

Long time listener......

It makes sense to me not to be trigger happy with trades and give class players time to get back their form. That is unless their role in the team has changed.

While St Kilda continue to amaze with their fall from Grace, I am still confident that St Nick and Goddard will start scoring soon (he says a little prayer to the SC gods)

Broughton worries me though, his body language is poor although he may still be carrying injuries. He seems to be playing more defensive roles and I feel that he is not likely to end the season as one of the top 7 defenders.

Anybody else thinking about ejecting Broughton?

3. silacious

silacious New Member

sick of higgins missing will sideways trade him to goodes. Duffield has been killing me in defence doing defencive stops on forwards will upgrade him to Shaw. Was going to get shaw last week but the Harris injury/rest stuffed my plans

4. Midge001

Midge001 Member

@bigbrowndog yeah I've had a gutful of Broughton, too. I hate trading out somebody who I'd earmarked as a keeper but faith can only get you so far.

5. demonspud

demonspud Member

Opt1.Swallow out for Hibberd or Jacobs, not sure which at this stage, weighing up options, need the MPP.
    Toy out for Fisher.

Opt2.Matera to T. Lynch (early trade)
    Swallow to Priddis or Mundy.

Opt1 more likely as have Heppell, Lower, Duigan, Stanley, L Thompson filling in the B7,B8 & B9.

Opt2. Long term worry about Mundy when Barlow comes back. And midfield scoring well enough at this stage. And Opt2 can wait until Rnd 10.

6. homerj

homerj Member

Glad someone clarified it was T Lynch from the Gold Coast that every1 is looking at trading in! I'd forgotten about him! Though everyone was talking about the big Q from WC and thought either I'd missed something or that every1 had gone slightly mental!! LOL :p

7. apolis

apolis New Member

Not sure what to do with Brodie Smith. Sell him now or wait til that 7 is out of his 3-game average?

8. bigbrowndog

bigbrowndog New Member

<blockquote>@bigbrowndog yeah I've had a gutful of Broughton, too. I hate trading out somebody who I'd earmarked as a keeper but faith can only get you so far.</blockquote>

Thanks Midge001, I feel your pain.

He may need a few more weeks to shake off the injury and then maybe he will be given more of a running off role but.......thats a lot of maybes.

9. RAR

RAR New Member

@apolis

B Smith will drop in price again next week. If you hold you need to keep for 4 weeks to get back to today's price.

Getting the chop from my team.

10. Fez

Fez Moderator

Will be doing I smith and m Boyd in for Pittard and swallow

11. The_General

The_General Member

Would appreciate some thoughts on the following:

Option 1 - Grimes to Gilbee/Hargrave or Similar
    Swallow to Hodge or Similar

Option 2 - Swallow to Hibberd or Toy to Puopolo
    - Grimes to Shaw/Fisher/Adcock

Option 2 allows me to upgrade to anyone in Rd 10 with heaps of cash available, option 1 will have zero cash left.

12. rossjc

rossjc New Member

What does one have to do to score over 2000 points in DT Stays in 1900s.
    Traded Curnow & Grimes for Shiels & Adcock & still only scored 1933. I only have 12 trades left so need to be careful. My squad is:
    Gibbs (DEF)
    Toy (DEF)
    Hibberd (DEF)
    Swan (MID)
    Boyd (MID)
    Pendlebury (MID)
    Pittard (MID)
    Harris (MID)
    Prestia (MID)
    Shiels (MID)
    Heppell (MID)
    Selwood (MID)
    Sandilands (RUC)
    Smith (RUC)
    McCauley (RUC)
    Petrie (RUC)
    Fyfe (FWD)
    Franklin (FWD)
    Goodes (FWD)
    Riewoldt (FWD)
    Riewoldt (FWD)
    Tapscott (FWD)
    Tippett K (FWD)
    Darling (FWD
    Richardson (FWD)
    Astbury (FWD)

13. rossjc

rossjc New Member

Ifr it was me Id take option 2

14. CHUD

CHUD New Member

<blockquote>Quote from The_General on May 16, 2011, 12:57
    Would appreciate some thoughts on the following:

Option 1 - Grimes to Gilbee/Hargrave or Similar
    Swallow to Hodge or Similar

Option 2 - Swallow to Hibberd or Toy to Puopolo
    - Grimes to Shaw/Fisher/Adcock

Option 2 allows me to upgrade to anyone in Rd 10 with heaps of cash available, option 1 will have zero cash left.
    </blockquote>

Hodge is a big risk. He's cheap but I'd be inclined to wait another few weeks before jumping on him. There will definitely be A LOT of people considering him, but I think its too soon.

Option 2 I'd go. Any of Shaw/Fisher/Adcock is a good trade!

15. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

What are people's thoughts on Grimes to Suckling?

Need to get some stability in my backline, and with:

Enright - falling too heavily atm
    Shaw - a bit out of reach and I'd rather wait until after their second bye
    Fisher - has been scoring well but I'm scared of St Kilda premiums.

Would allow me to get Mundy the week after. Would've been all alright if Neil Craig didn't use Smith as the sub - has killed my trading strategy.

16. dazza71

dazza71 New Member

how long do u keep zac smith on the bench, im thinking after wce and free bye (rd 15 and 16) hes not gunna be needed, unless of coarse an injury happens, he will be around &#36;3500000 soon. anyone else thinking this?

17. Mattoc

Mattoc New Member

what is retzlaff's js like? brisbane are obviously gone for the season, but will he keep playing? i dont think he will score big, but if he will play most of the season now at least it wont be 0's on the bench.

Obviously, poupolo is a better option, but injured himself on the weekend, or should i wait a week for jacobs at port??

18. jprockbelly

jprockbelly New Member

Alright, I need advice on Broughton. I should have done it sooner, but now have to make a decision on whether to drop him or not.

Options are:

1. Keep him and pray he gets better. Not sure why I'd do this.
    2. Trade him down for cash.
    3. Sideways trade to R Murphy. Even though murph burned me last year, I might take a chance on him.

>_&#60;

19. Fez

Fez Moderator

Dazza yeah he got some more money making potential reckon he could be a good swap for J.Tippet then you can swing Petrie in the rucks for backup when required

20. clackerz

clackerz Member

I have to make a trade in my MID's this week with Watson benched due to injury and Swallow, Harris & Iles on Bye.
    I've already used 7 trades (17 trades remaining), so I think it will have to be a single downgrade to cover the donut.
    Either one of Harris and Swallow have to go for I.Smith I'm thinking.
    I'm getting concerned with the number of trades already - trading this week will leave me with 16....

I've got little &#36; in the bank &#60;&#36;10K so any upgrade will require another downgrade.