Round 9 Trades

Discussion in 'AFL' started by Pecks, May 16, 2011.

1. Sainter

Sainter New Member

This is my team right now and wondering what you think of my planned trades

BACKLINE
    Goddard/Broughton/Newman/Adcock/Duigan/Grimes/Buckley
    (Lower/Thompson/Otten)

MIDFIELD
    Swan/Selwood/Judd/Montagna/Chappy/Foley
    (Liberatore/Smith/Irons)

RUCKS
    Cox/McEvoy
    (Z.Smith/McCauley)

FORWARDS
    N.Riewoldt/Pavlich/Rioli/Goodes/S.Johnson/Krak/Darling
    (Matera/Tapscott/Winmar)

Planning trades this week
    OUT: Grimes-IN: Hargrave
    OUT: Broughton-IN: Enright/Gibbs/Johncock
    wondering about Enright and Gibbs as they both have byes during finals time, should i go with gibbs, only have Judd//Duigan and Gibbs if I get him....thoughts?

next round
    OUT: Tapscott/Darling - IN: Mzungu
    Swap Krakouer into midfield for Chappy
    OUT: Krakouer - IN: Mundy,
    how does it look?
    OUT:

2. martyg

martyg Well-Known Member

For what it's worth Sainter, I will be looking at getting in Enright but not till next week, he should drop in value next week. I already have Gibbs, so that's not a problem I have.

What about H. Shaw? He is on fire at the moment and should continue to score well.

3. martyg

martyg Well-Known Member

Goddard and Watson number 2 and 3 most traded out this week already... No faith out there for them? Peeps trading so early in the week??

4. Xenomorph

Xenomorph Moderator

People trading either of these two out ARE going to be the sort of people trading before thursday night, if you think about it. ;)

5. BuddyBeauty

BuddyBeauty New Member

Thoughts on trading Curnow to I.Smith, then upgrading Toy/Lower/Thompson to Fisher/Suckling ?

6. clackerz

clackerz Member

Not an ideal time to bring in Swan (with his BE and upcoming bye), but I as I need to trade my MID's with Watson out and Swallow, Iles, Harris on the bye I've got a donut.

If I trade OUT Harris and IN I.Smith, then OUT Swallow I can (just) afford Swan.
    I really need to do a dbl trade this week to get a keeper/premium as I have low $ in the bank.

So if I don't get him now I'll need to wait until Iles and I.Smith are ready to cull....

This will give me:
    Swan, Pendles, Watson, Goodes, Priddis, Selwood (Hibberd, Iles, I.Smith)

I can downgrade either Lower or Matera but it doesn't give me enough to get one of Swan, Boyd, Mundy (I currently have 4 Freo guys in my team so Lower/Broughton would need to go)

Thoughts?

7. Sainterz12

Sainterz12 Member

I'm now hitting upgrade street and looking ahead this is my plan, let me know if you would advise against antyhing

DEF Prems: Deledio, Adcock, Goddard, Gibbs, Shaw
    DEF Cows: Heppell, Lower (Duigan, Thompson, Toy)

MID Prems: Swan, Pendles, Selwood, Boyd
    MID Cows: Swallow, Liberatore (Harris, Smith, Hibberd)

FWD Prems: Riewoldt, Riewoldt, Pavlich, Franklin
    FWD Cows: Petrie, Krak, Darling (Richardson, Matera, Prestia)

I am considering Petrie a cow because with the 149 out of his average I feel he will drop down and at this point in time I can really turn him into premium for a small fee. My trades so far are looking like this (With 15 trades remaining, 226k in bank)

R9- Out: Petrie + Duigan In: Goodes + Suckling (60k left)
    R10- Out: Krak + Harris In: T. Lynch + Ablett
    I'd think I'd come up a bit short trading out Matera instead of Krak, but he can be upgraded to Chappy once he drops, with Mzungu coming in for Libba/Swallow.

That'll leave me with 6 Prem Defenders + Heppell, 5 Prem Mids + Libba/Swallow and 6 Prem Forwards + Darling and 9 trades left hopefully around Round 11. This is if the Fantasy Footy gods let everything fall into place, sound good though?

8. Xenomorph

Xenomorph Moderator

@Clackers - Pretty much slaughter time for these two, especially with the bye.
    Only consideration for Harris & Swallow is perhaps the fact that they will play most games and give you 80+ in the event of byes or injuries as your M7.
    Also do you want to burn a trade now to avoid a donut?
    If it fits in with your overall plan, then off to the slaughterhouse with those two.

9. Shenanigans

Shenanigans New Member

clackerz, not sure you need to worry too much about having all the freo guys in, as long as you upgrade Lower before their bye. Unless you're going for leagues only - then it may be an advantage

10. Midge001

Midge001 Member

Just one to think about for trade plans and upcoming weeks, if John Brown comes back this week he's going to be facing huge break evens and should be down to less than 400k within 4 games or so, tasty pickup for the last 3rd of the season.

11. Archie

Archie New Member

A.Krakouer or Tapscott for pav? Hard choice!

12. Sainter

Sainter New Member

At this point i'd be taking out Matera Archie

13. Sainter

Sainter New Member

Is it a bad choice to go with Adock captain? I havenever put Judd captain and don't want to start when they're versing Geelong, and there is always Cameron Ling, so Judd=no for me........I'm trying to steer clear of Swan as everybody I verse every week has Swanny captain, and if i have swan captain, then I have no advantage whatsoever in the match, and I try to use my captain to give myself an advantage...... last week it worked for me as I chose Selwood as my captain and it payed off, giving me 306 captain points, leading me to win 4 out of 5 league matches. And last time I saw Adcock at the Gabba he played great, racking up 12-15 touches in the 3rd quarter. So i'm being adventurous again this week and going Adcock.
    Feel free to question....
    \\

14. FoxSportsNews

FoxSportsNews New Member

Adcock is an interesting one mate, but coul have aripper at the Gabba, that I agree with..... does anyone agree with my planned trades of out Harris in Wright and Out lower in Gibbs?

15. Tino

Tino Member

This week:

Lower - Hibberd or Pup
    Curnow - Swan

Next week:

Matera - Lynch
    Tapscott - Chapman

Thoughts on Hibberd v Pup?

16. FoxSportsNews

FoxSportsNews New Member

That will mean

Delisted Players Round 9
    1. Nicholas Lower
    2. Daniel Harris

Dropped for a run in the Reserves
    1. Alexander Johnson
    2. Andrew Krakouer
    3. Lukas Markovic

On the cusp of Selection
    1. Reece Conca
    2. Paul Puopolo

Inclusions
    1. Nicholas Duigan
    2. Matthew Wright
    3. Cryil Rioli
    4. Daniel Kerr

17. FoxSportsNews

FoxSportsNews New Member

@Tino
    I was deciding between them at the start of the season and went Puopolo, i'd still be leaning towards Puopolo, with Bruce out, and Stratton and Gilham out, he is very important in there defence, losing 3 of there best 6/7 defenders.....so Puopolo for mine

18. CHUD

CHUD New Member

Sainter - I like your thinking. I set S Thompson last week as captain because it was Adel v GC at AAMI, and it paid off nicely over those that used Swan as captain. Though admittedly Selwood (VC for me) who I also had did score higher.

The game's all about risk and reward, so I'd say do it personally. Not to mention he's highest score is 143 which is awesome considering the lower DEF averages that prem's have been getting

19. higgins69

higgins69 New Member

wanting J brown in my forward line if he comes back half the man he was wondering if some one could give a rough price for him when he bottoms out to help make plans

20. higgins69

higgins69 New Member

and what round