Round 9 Trades

Discussion in 'AFL' started by Pecks, May 16, 2011.

1. Stew

Stew New Member

If job security is your primary concern, then Puopolo is the choice. However, Hibberd offers the MPP. So it probably depends on your current list (any D/M link), and if you need D/M MPP in the coming 6 weeks. If not, then I'd go Puopolo.

Isn't it great that all the early popular MPP rookie selections from the start of the year are now starting to come into selection consideration.... Smith, Hibberd, Mzungu, Jacobs.... I wonder where Callinan is at?

It would also be smart to factor in trading for Jacobs next week, and Mzungu the following week. Jacobs didn't score well last week, but that was due to being sub. They will likely give him a full game this week, and the score will rise. He was pretty much considered a lock in most teams before he got struck with illness earlier in the year. Very highly rated at Port.
    It also looks very likely Mzungu will make his start to the year this week, based on Harvey's comments, and he looks the perfect M7 for mine.

2. Sainterz12

Sainterz12 Member

After having a hard look at the defenders I've come to the conclusion that there aren't many consistent premiums after you have the Shaw, Deledio, Adcock and that this week is probably your last week to downgrade to a 'safe' choice with Poops.

After looking at the list there is Coad to come back, Pederson who just isn't getting games and no one else who's name catches my eye. Is it best to downgrade Duigan/Thompson this week as both seem to have plateaued in price (Thompson rather too quickly for my liking)? Poops should rise higher than both of them and make us a good $150k or so.

3. ThommoDees

ThommoDees New Member

@Archie

If you haven't got Matera, then definitely cull Tapscott first.

Krakwhore has a very low BE this week, so best to leave him another week at least.

4. homerj

homerj Member

Wondering what to do this week. Think I'm gonna def trade D Swallow to J Selwood but this will involve a downgrade to a rookie somewhere. Who to get is the question I Smith or Puopolo (if picked).
    I Smith would give me MPP but I already have this with Krak or Dangerfield at present and with Mzungu coming back soon this leaves this option open. If I got I smith I would prob trade Matera for him.
    However there's not that many defender downgrades, I got Jacobs last week so now don't want to get Hibberd too and I think Lower or L Thomspon might be close to culling. Puopolo's really the only defence downgrade option IMO.
    Any help on this would be great

5. ThommoDees

ThommoDees New Member

@Sainterz12

I agree re Puopolo. I'm looking at trading him in for Lower this week and then upgrading Grimes for Shaw, Suckling or Fisher.

Very tempted to trade Smith in this week, but with the lack of DEF downgrade options have decided to spend both trades in defence.

6. princeofmugs

princeofmugs Moderator

Is Heppell a keeper?
    Does anyone have any thoughts about a fairly sideways trade of him to Dangerfield?
    Anyone have his BE? Is he likely to do better or worse with no Jobe in the team?
    Sorry for approximately one thousand consecutive questions there...

7. ThommoDees

ThommoDees New Member

@jubs007

As per my last post, Puopolo for sure!

8. ThommoDees

ThommoDees New Member

<blockquote>Quote from princeofmugs on May 17, 2011, 20:11
    Is Heppell a keeper?
    Does anyone have any thoughts about a fairly sideways trade of him to Dangerfield?
    Anyone have his BE? Is he likely to do better or worse with no Jobe in the team?
    Sorry for approximately one thousand consecutive questions there...</blockquote>

Depends how you are for trades. Heppell could be a good D7, but I wouldn't sideways trade him into Dangermouse.

9. Clutties

Clutties New Member

Everyone thinking Poops is a goer now? (Provided he's not injured & is selected). Maybe with Jobe out & Hocking scratched, Hibberd might get a bit more of a run? I see a few jumping on Suckling. Really? Convince me! His price is tempting, but next week I can probably get Goddard for the same price, yeah?

Still haven't done my Grimey Grimes trade yet. Am seriously thinking of leaving it another week & getting Goddard. Surely he will find some form soon! I could get Fisher this week, but I reckon Goddard will be better long term. (providing he pulls his finger out- or Ross Lyon stops playing him as a tagger!).

Trades : Duigan to Hibberd, & Heppell to Ablett.
    Next week : Kraks to Lynch, & Grimes to Goddard.
    I know the Ablett/ Goddard thing seems the wrong way round with the GC bye, but cash is tight- I can't afford to lose any &#36; on Duigan/Heppell & am counting on Goddard's price dropping a fair bit as his B/E is 195.

Then I would have Swan, Judd, Goddard & Ablett! To go with Sandi, Cox, Pav, Buddy, Goodes, Watson, Rioli, Mundy, Shaw, Enright, Gibbs, Chaplin, Grundy & DangerMouse. That's 18 keepers I reckon! I have faith that the Big Names will live up to their Big Reputations & post Big Scores!

10. jb

jb New Member

@Higgins Re Jono Brown

His 65 from round 1 will stay in his price calcs for a couple more rounds and reduce his price nicely.
    If we assume he wont hit the 100s straight away and he goes 85, 90, 95, 100, 100 his price goes something like this:
    After 85 this week rnd 9 &#36;430k
    After 90 next week rnd 10 &#36;408k
    After 95 foll week rnd 11 &#36;406k - bottom
    After 100 fol week rnd 12 &#36;411k
    After 100 fol week rnd 13 &#36;420k

So round 10,11,12 depending on your own upgrade schedule would be ok. No real rush because of the 65.

Caveat is he doesnt explode into 140s straight up.

11. Jet

Jet Member

@princeofmugs
    To see players break-evens, just hit the stats tab at the top of the page.
    @ jb
    Brown will be straight in the 100's, he's a champ and his injury isn't one that should effect his scoring. He'll be straight up to speed with 3 goals minimum. Agree rd 11 is when he'll bottom out.

12. Drifter74

Drifter74 New Member

Not sure if it's been mentioned but watch Rnd 19 for J.Brown if you have JRoo, Goodes, or ROK. Later I'm aware can swing into mids, but still risky as who knows what state my side might be in by then.

2k short of Matera - I.Smith, B.Smith - H.Shaw, so will do Tapscott instead.

Should have done it last week, but what were the chances of Shaw getting 149 against Geelong, and Smith a 7 against GC?!

13. jb

jb New Member

@Jet he certainly has it in him but if you look at his history & ditto for most of the fwd KPP, the standard deviation of his scores is huge. Alot of 70s and some 140+s. Similar to the Roo boys and Bazza etc. Its a rollercoaster. Sure some of that relates to fitness/injuries but that wont go away being the hard as nails player he is.

14. Tino

Tino Member

Browny's score will also be dependent on the supply he gets. Given the way the Lion's have been playing, he might as well bring a deckchair onto the Gabba.

15. Pecks

Pecks New Member

Wondering if its sensible to go:

Curnow > I.Smith

and then have enough cash to go

B.Smith > Suckling

B.Smith will lose &#36;20k after this week and Suckling will gain &#36;40k.

Is Suckling worth the 2 down, 1 up trades? Or is he just a sub premium?

16. Midge001

Midge001 Member

@Pecks, I personally wouldn't be calling Suckling a premium of any variety just yet. He could easily go three weeks of 60s and 70s. By all means bring him in if you think otherwise, but if there's one bit of advice I've taken from this site, it's that trades are gold. Don't bring somebody in unless you are sure you can keep them all year (barring injuries).

17. JPK

JPK Moderator Staff Member

I'm looking at trading out D Swallow and Conca for B Jacobs (for MPP) and J Selwood, but I'm wondering if its such a good move seeing as I already have Bartel sitting in my mids and am looking in Chappys way in the future (when he finally bottoms out). Anyone think its a bad idea having both Selwood and Bartel in the same midfield? And then to bring in Chaps later on...???

18. Hendy

Hendy Member

@Sainterz12 - Coad is listed as indefinite, would love to see him come back as he is destroying my bench would.. however I dont see it happening this season.

@Clutties - Goddard isnt being played as a tagger, he is being tagged and just play shower.

19. Jet

Jet Member

Re Brown
    He was pulling out 120's last year when he couldn't even run with a sore groin. I'm not advocating trading him in as his body never seems to hold up but don't be surprised if he waks out 120's from the start.
    Lions have been there abouts, and will walk taller with Brown out there.

20. turbo

turbo New Member

@JPK - depends a bit if you're going for league wins or overall.

Remember Geelong has a bye in the second week of SC finals, so it mightn't be a good idea to load up on Geelong players.

Even if going for overall, be mindful of how you are going to cover the week of the Geelong bye.