Round 9 Trades

Discussion in 'AFL' started by Pecks, May 16, 2011.

1. Zander

Zander Moderator

I have 3 options this week.

1) Harris -> I.Smith then
    Matera to Pavlich

2) Lower -> Poops then
    Matera to Pavlich

3) Do both Harris and Lower downgrades, to get Smith AND Poops on the bubble, and upgrade to Pav next week.

I guess what I'm trying to work out which of Smith or Poops has the better JS and point scoring ability?
    Or are they both so good that I need to get both?
    I still have the downgrade options of Lynch, Jacobs, Mzungu etc in coming weeks either way.

2. gish

gish New Member

I am going to trade Knights for Smith this week, but I'm not sure who to upgrade out of Harris or Libba? I would like to keep one of them throughout the season as cover for the mids but not sure which one!!

3. Xenomorph

Xenomorph Moderator

Zander - Superpav B/E = 120 or so. Question is: will he smash out 120+ against a hapless Port? Probably get close is my thinking.
    Perhaps with the injuries on the Hawk backline PP's JS is a touch better. Close call.

4. BennyC88

BennyC88 Member

One definite trade I'm doing is Harris to Smith. Gives me just over 200k of cash plus flexibility of switching with other MPP.

The next one is tricky, since I want to bring in a Premium midfielder. It's a toss up between:
    Swan, Boyd, Judd, Selwood, Priddis

Swan seems to be the right choice. But all are well priced for me to get and I'm able to grab another Premium next week, depending on other situations.

I threw in Priddis there because there's a small amount of coaches that do have him, which could go in my favor league-wise. He's also rock-solid with points

5. Redmatt

Redmatt New Member

Does anyone have Burgoyne in there mid? I am considering a side ways move to Shiels..thoughts

6. silacious

silacious New Member

I'm thinking upgrading Lower > Shaw as he seems to be in the gun, being subbed off last week.

7. Redmatt

Redmatt New Member

Think trading Lower is a good idea as his price has pretty much peaked(has reached his BE) so yup Shaw is a premium pick.Shaw's price will rise too as his BE is only about 45-50. Another option is his team mate Buckley(has a raking kick on him) who has a BE of only -4 so even though he has gone up already he will still rise nicely.Pies rate him highly as he has come back in quickly after a minor injury early on.He and Shaw seem to be designated kickers as is Suckling for Hawthorn who looks to be a keeper and another possible trade up option.

8. clackerz

clackerz Member

OK I've decided on a few options after a few replies here and some soul searching.
    I'm outta Overall (but at a PB of 11,000) so I'm going for league and to see how high I can get.

As per my previous posts I've got a midfield problem where I have Watson and x3 GC players out leaving me with a donut.

1) OUT: Swallow IN: I.Smith
    2) OUT: Swallow IN: I.Smith, OUT: Harris IN: one of Swan, Mundy, Boyd
    3) OUT: Swallow IN: I.Smith, OUT: Matera/Tappscot IN: Pissoff

1) I'm only using a trade and covering the donut
    2) Covers the donut and upgrading
    3) Covers the donut and gets me x2 cows and cash ready for upgrades.

I've got 17 trades and I *should win my game with options 1 & 3

*famous last words

9. fryzie

fryzie New Member

<blockquote>Quote from Redmatt on May 18, 2011, 11:49
    Does anyone have Burgoyne in there mid? I am considering a side ways move to Shiels..thoughts
    </blockquote>

I have the Burger but plan to hold. If Rioli returns to te forward it may mean burger spends less time there and more in the mids.

This week I have to get Petrie out of. R3 so I'll go Knights>J.Tippett and swing Petrie forward. With that extra cash, Swallow or Harris to Swan at last.

10. Mattoc

Mattoc New Member

<blockquote>Quote from silacious on May 18, 2011, 11:57
    I'm thinking upgrading Lower > Shaw as he seems to be in the gun, being subbed off last week.</blockquote>

i think lower has more to come, injuries aplenty the dockers, will keep playing and should easily get his break even against the horrible port powerless

11. toast

toast New Member

Hawks fans, or Suckling watchers, I need your advice. Is this man up to it, can he keep pumping them out. I have had it with Broughton and agree with the earlier comment that other players back there are stealing his points. Suckling as a sideways is tempting and will allow me: Grimes>Fisher. Can I get away with Broughton>Suckling and still have a smile on my face at the end of the year?

12. BennyC88

BennyC88 Member

@toast

Pretty much like Heppell without the MPP aspect, also racking up more points than him. Although it is a rule that you shouldn't sideways trade, but maybe this one could be an exception.

13. whips

whips New Member

@toast
    Have watched Suckling all year as I lucked into him from Rd 1. Hawks love the ball in his hands as he plays a similar role to Scotland, Shaw and other 'defensive 1/4 backs' delivering the ball with his excellent long kicks.
    So yes, can keep it up IMO.
    Also, I don't consider trading to the 7th ranked defender (excl Hargraves) as sideways. He just happens to be worth less than lower ranked players.
    Two upgrades for the price of one!!

14. toast

toast New Member

Thanks fellas. I've got 19 trades and feel that this is a risk worth taking, surely, surely I'm allowed one sideways and whips when you present your observations in the way in which you have, it's a no brainer!

Cheers fellas!

15. clackerz

clackerz Member

As with toast - Broughton is almost Toast!
    I'm thinking after this week I'll be seriously considering showing him the door!

16. weedoo

weedoo Guest

Sylvia or O'Keefe people???

17. Redmatt

Redmatt New Member

<blockquote>Quote from alex_naumovski on May 19, 2011, 00:31
    Sylvia or O'Keefe people???</blockquote>
    I have both but if I had to choose one I guess it would be Sylvia. Tend to think he is slightly more reliable than O.Keefe and Melbourne are one of the highest dream team scorers too as they share it around.Just keep in mind the Demons seem to have a tough draw in the next 7 weeks b4 their bye. Both players break evens are quite low so if want either of them this week is a good week to trade them in.

18. Fairybread

Fairybread New Member

Can't decide on Swan or Priddis

I already have Pendles in the midfield.

If I went with Swan I would be 2 down in round 13 but OK from then on. Swan doesn't seem to be getting the big numbers at the moment. Are other teams paying him more attention? Has the Pies experimenting with the number of rotatons affected him? will this continue? Has Jolly not being in the team affected him getting the ball? Now talk is Jolly is out until round 14.

Priddis is getting higher numbers at the moment and has been consistent all year. So he looks like who I will trade in.

But...its Swan...am I silly to overlook him if I've got the cash?

19. rossjc

rossjc New Member

Anyone got any thought about picking up J Roughead now he is rucking & getting around ground more???

20. Beauy

Beauy New Member

There was another thread questioning Newman or Shaw but I'm debating:

Shaw or Fisher??

I've got all the other usual suspects but it's difficult to split these.