Mundy v Judd - am i bias, or is it the correct choice ?

Discussion in 'AFL' started by Havoc, May 18, 2011.

1. Havoc

Havoc New Member

ok so im looking at upgrading harris this week and with 300k in the bank, the world is mine. So after a long and hard look through this site and all its wisdom ive narrowed it down to these 2; Mundy or Judd.

So now who would you pick, all the stats seem to be pointing to mundy (higher average, no scores under 100, should be saved from the #1 tag with pav) but even though i understand all these, my gut is telling me to pick judd (if barlow comes back, will he pinch some of mundys scores? will he start coping a harder tag?) Now the reason i ask this is mainly cause im a calton fan, and on the other hand know close to nothing on freo. Is it just my bias towards calton or is judd truly the right pick ?

Other Mids are; Pendles, Boyd, Selwood, Montagna, and swan to come in after the R13 bye.

On another note: Is it worth picking Goodes or ROK as a forward, Goodes seems to be in quite a few teams but is ROK really a good POD

2. meataxe

meataxe Guest

Gotta go with the blue chip selection, Judd...has been doing his thing for years.

I can see Judd outscoring Mundy by a wide margin for the rest of the season, but I can't see Mundy blowing Judd out of the water - maybe that's me being conservative though.

3. DamoH

DamoH Well-Known Member

I'm in similar situation in the mids, Havoc (although I don't have Boyd so he's another option).

My plan all along was to get Judd after this bye.Personally I reckon he's a bargain at his current price and like meataxe I think he's more likely to outscore Mundy than vice versa. My gut is pushing me in the Judd direction so I think I'll take the safe option. (Also remember Judd has a late bye (rd 23?) so if you're playing for league that may hurt come finals time.

4. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

Mundy has the easiest run of games out of any of the midfielders. No games under 113 all year. Barlow is still 5 weeks away. Mundy has his last bye during a multi bye week. Judd has his Round 23 so if going for league will have to trade out. Judd is a dirty bastard.

5. banz

banz New Member

Lucky you to have this problem Havoc!

Same issue recently, I went Mundy, he is having a better season than Judd(at least so far), age wise he is prime, I like Freo's draw here on in, and he is a little different as a selection.

Simply at the moment Mundy is super elite, scoring wise, Judd is not, question is, will it remain that way from here on in!

6. The_General

The_General Member

Agreed SKT he and Montagna are one and the same :-D

7. JPK

JPK Moderator Staff Member

Havoc, if you're going for league then Mundy will probably be the best option, as his bye won't matter (although Judd's is a long way off and you could trade him out or cover him by then). Nearly 21,000 teams have Mundy, while more than 130,000 have Judd, so as a POD I'd say Mundy is the way to go!

As for ROK and Goodes, You have 53,000 with ROK and nearly 130,000 with Goodes, so again the clear POD is with ROK. Your call in the end! Good luck

8. DC

DC Member

I dont watch much Freo games and still have doubts over Mundy all season.. Even though he is smashing it this year!!

I love Judd as a player and watching him play - Even with his bye I would rather get him but a smart person would pick Mundy and save themselves a trade in the finals!!

Same situation with Watson last week before he got injured... Save yourself a trade and go for someone who doesnt have a bye in the finals (League Win)

9. J_in_Japan

J_in_Japan New Member

I have Judd but am looking at Mundy seriously now.

His stats in the 2nd half of last season were consistantly around the 100ppg but nothing above 110.
    It is possible with Kepplar holding down CHF and Pav playing almost exclusively that Mundy is now the No.2 MID at Freo and is running havoc.

His possession count hasn't increased that much but he could be getting more contested possessions which would account for his increased ppg, as we see always with Juddy.

10. Xenomorph

Xenomorph Moderator

Mundy also has the 211 advantage, makes it a lot easier to get clearances when the ball is tapped down your throat every second stoppage. Go Mundy!

11. Owen

Owen Well-Known Member

Am also considering Mundy/Judd but also pendlebury. Going for league wins only Mundy would be the pick due to his second bye being during multi bye. However it remains to be seen what impact Barlow (if he does play this year) and Mzungu have on Mundy's scoring.

12. cfcman5

cfcman5 New Member

id say neither.... if u already have carlton players judd will b a killer with the rd23 bye and mundy is overpriced currently and can b gotten cheaper in a few weeks...

13. Mattoc

Mattoc New Member

i dont see mundy getting any cheaper, games ahead are good with the exception on the bombers, but with no real "tagger" with hocking and slattery both injured could really continue on with his good form. i have him and gablett in my sights this and next week

14. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

Mundy overpriced??? So Swan must be overpriced aswell then?? Hows this for a draw:

Port Adelaide
    StKilda (Perth)
    Hawks (MCG)
    Essendon (Perth)
    Melbourne (MCG)
    Brisbane (Perth)
    Gold Coast (Perth)
    BYE

Thats 4 of the bottom 5 sides, plus Melbourne and Essendon who dont travel that well in Perth!! Points galore and price wont be going anywhere but up...

15. clackerz

clackerz Member

Good stats there STKThunda!
    I have Watson, so Judd really isn't an option. It would mean 2 sideways trades come finals.
    So I'm looking at Mundy/Boyd and then Swan/Ablett to finish of my mids

16. Fez

Fez Moderator

Gotta be Mundy, however I have both Judd to be traded out later in the year Mundy more concistent while Judd I don't believe is. Won't see many 150 scores from juddy again while Mundy is always good for 120 and look at his draw above although hawks at MCG won't b easy

17. Havoc

Havoc New Member

thanks for the help guys, thinking mundy it may be. Started the season goin for overall ranking but rioli, st nick, higgins and selwood kinda hurt that and sitting at about 10k now in ranking >.<. Thinking i should throw in the towel and just go for the league wins as theres no way in hell i can make up just under 1k points in the remaining rounds.

Thanks for the help guys.

18. DC

DC Member

<blockquote>Quote from stkildathunda on May 18, 2011, 14:29
    Mundy overpriced??? So Swan must be overpriced aswell then?? Hows this for a draw:

Port Adelaide
    StKilda (Perth)
    Hawks (MCG)
    Essendon (Perth)
    Melbourne (MCG)
    Brisbane (Perth)
    Gold Coast (Perth)
    BYE

Thats 4 of the bottom 5 sides, plus Melbourne and Essendon who dont travel that well in Perth!! Points galore and price wont be going anywhere but up...</blockquote>

Love the stats!! Handy info

19. gish

gish New Member

I am tossing up between Mundy, Selwood, Boyd and Priddis. Going for league win so Mundy seems to be the smarter choice. Will have room for one more premium mid so will take my pick of the others in the coming weeks.

20. DC

DC Member

gish

Last chance to get Selwood at his price before he goes up a decent amount this week..

Mundy give or take 5k after this round