Round 9 Trades

Discussion in 'AFL' started by Pecks, May 16, 2011.

1. Redmatt

Redmatt New Member

<blockquote>Quote from Fairybread on May 19, 2011, 12:41
    Can't decide on Swan or Priddis

I already have Pendles in the midfield.

If I went with Swan I would be 2 down in round 13 but OK from then on. Swan doesn't seem to be getting the big numbers at the moment. Are other teams paying him more attention? Has the Pies experimenting with the number of rotatons affected him? will this continue? Has Jolly not being in the team affected him getting the ball? Now talk is Jolly is out until round 14.

Priddis is getting higher numbers at the moment and has been consistent all year. So he looks like who I will trade in.

But...its Swan...am I silly to overlook him if I've got the cash?</blockquote>

If you want to trade in Swan I would wait a week or two as his BE is still 168 so price will drop nicely. DT swan has a higher average than Priddis but in supercoach they are similar. If it was me I would trade in either Swan(when his price bottoms out) or Mundy(Absolute GUN not in many teams).Do like your thoughts on trading in someone different to Swan.Maybe even Jude Bolton(having the year of his life it seems)? Still think its not written in blood to have Swan in our teams...not all year anyway.

2. 2Judd2Fast

2Judd2Fast New Member

HOLD. Tapscott: Tough draw for the dees, several defenders down ie;Grimes & Garland= Plenty of Job Security for Tapscott and he may reach &#36;320-350K

HOLD. Lower: A heap of injuries for Fremantle gives him good job security. Also, he has been scoring well 2x over 100, 2 x over 80, 2x 40(both games he was subbed)= &#36;330K

Trade. Duigan: Job security 100&#37; as he's a massive part of Carlton's defense. Can't see him getting above 300K.

Trade: Swallow & Harris- I think you should trade one this week but they have potential to hit 380-400K. Ripper trade to Issac smith and upgrade to Selwood.

Hold: Darling: On fire and set to hit &#36;350-380K, good job security.

TRADE!!!!! Broughton. He may turn around but it's not looking good at all, I will be trading him on Friday but to Shaw. Sideways but well worth it.

BUY: Suckling: Bought him last week, Hawks defense is based on him. Has the best kick in the backline and they constantly go for him.

BUY: Boyd, Very hard to tag him just like selwood.

My Mids: Pendles, Swan, Mundy, Selwood, Murphy, Libba

3. Redmatt

Redmatt New Member

<blockquote>Quote from Beauy on May 19, 2011, 12:47
    There was another thread questioning Newman or Shaw but I'm debating:

Shaw or Fisher??

I've got all the other usual suspects but it's difficult to split these.

</blockquote>

Both going up in price so trading either player in this week is better time than later. I have had Shaw for a few weeks and he has starred so happy going with Shaw. I put Fisher in last year after he stuck gold form then he proceeded to get smashed most weeks from the defensive tag.Fisher does look in good from though.

4. CHUD

CHUD New Member

I see a lot of focus on upgrades here and little discussion on getting the downgrades right. Personally I reckon this season with all the byes, rnd 16 + 19 multi-byes getting your downgrades right is just as important.

After listening to YSCC's latest podcast you really see how much of a difference a "good rookie" versus a "bad rookie" can have. And the advantage of holding onto mid-pricers like Krakouer and Petrie can have.

Krakouer is averaging 25ppg more than Atley, Bewick, Richardson and a host of GC rookies struggling to score. If you think that it is a possibility that you have to play one of these guys each week due to byes + injuries you're losing 25+ppg to Krakouer(i realize krakouer has another bye and might get rested again). Which, with 18 games remaining works out to be 450 points. Which could have a HUGE impact on your overall placement.

Anyone else looking at mitigating the scoring disasters that being forced to play slow burning rookies can cause?

5. J_C

J_C Guest

I fixed the Grimes problem last week with Shaw, but this week I'm not sure which way to go as both my MID and DEF lines urgent need work.

DEF - Lids Shaw Goddard Gibbs Heppell Lower L Thompson Duigan Stanley Batchelor

MID - Pendles Bartel Murphy Montagna Harris D Swallow Krak Iles Jacobs

Was thinking a MID upgrade this week, such as Swallow > Mundy with a Thompson/Duigan/Stanley > Puopolo downgrade. But given Fisher's low BE, I wasn't sure whether to jump on him this week instead.

Any thoughts?

6. Redmatt

Redmatt New Member

Still good cash to be made on Swallow so would hold off there if you can. Your mids similar to mine and I am waiting for Swallow to mature price wise albeit with a BE of 50ish will only be a week or two so you could pull the pin if you were sitting o.k cash wise.Mundy good choice or Boyd from my end. Defense.. would leave Duigan(good player getting better and with great job security).Stanley has been a good cash cow and in same boat as Swallow. Would loose Thomson as he has matured in price BE only 54 but his AV is 59. Puopolo injured his calf so beware you may not need him in this week.If you can cover him being potentially on the bench for a week than go for it. Hawthorn playing Sunday so he may be on extended bench!

7. dazza71

dazza71 New Member

can anyone tell me if u can move around a MPP player say from ruck to forwards even if they HAVENT PLAYED A GAME??

example, joel tippet and petrie

Cheers

8. Redmatt

Redmatt New Member

Move as much as you like Dazza. Makes no difference whatsoever if they have played a game or not. As long as they are MPP then no prob.

9. Fairybread

Fairybread New Member

Yeah thanks Redmatt.

I already have Mundy.

Midfield is currently: Mundy, Selwood, Boyd, Pendles, Harris and Swallow.

I think I might go with Priddis (trade with Swallow)and maybe get Swan after round 13 when 1) his price has dropped possibly and 2) there is more certainty about his scoring.

My new cash cash cows would also have earned a bit by then and be ready to trade out. Thus midfield will be nice and primed and ready for finals.

10. Redmatt

Redmatt New Member

No Prob. Sounds good.. Priddis is a ball magnet isn't he? Like Pendles isn't blessed with speed but very fit, great balance, skill and hard to catch.

cheers

11. clackerz

clackerz Member

I have him since the start as a POD....
    been a good selection really.

12. whips

whips New Member

@CHUD
    Great post, mate. Interesting read!!
    I'm getting caught up in the upgrade/downgrade stuff.
    Not having to mitigate scoring disasters yet but not far away. Time to sit back and have a smarter look.
    Thanks for posting.

13. BlueBoysRule

BlueBoysRule New Member

I am looking to have a sold bench rookie player in every position as a backup so will be keeping the following.

Backs - Stanley
    Mids - Harris
    Fwds - Tapscott or Darling
    Rucks - Smith

I like having 3 suns players on bench as they will be over their bye this week.

14. gussy

gussy New Member

Hey guys, after some advice.

B - Goddard, Broughton, Shaw, Deledio, Adcock, Hurley, Heppel (Hibberd, Guthrie, Some spud from WC)

M - Selwood, Monty, Hodge, Rischitelli, Stanton, Swallow (Buckley, Iles, Smith)

R - Cox, Sandi (Smith, McCauley)

F - Buddy, Pav, StNick, Petrie, Darling, Matera, Tapscott (Richardson, Gamble, Talia)

My forwards are pretty screwed, but I'm not so worried about them at the moment(there isn't many standout targets and I'm managing to cover them, though maybe not this week). But I'm thinking an upgrade of Swallow -> Judd in the mids, as I have enough cash for a straight upgrade without a downgrade this week.

I think Swallow has a little more cash in him though, so I thought I may be able to squeeze him a few more and get a falling Mundy/Swan/Chappy in there or maybe even Ablett after the Bye.

I'm also looking at a Matera -> Mzungu downgrade (if hes in this week) to keep me away from that doughnut in the Fwds, with an associated upgrade to Tapscott.

Whats the best move? Upgrade a mid for a single trade, down/up 2 forwards, or even sidegrade Broughton to Suckling like most are doing?

Thanks.

15. CHUD

CHUD New Member

<blockquote>Quote from whips on May 19, 2011, 14:51
    @CHUD
    Great post, mate. Interesting read!!
    I'm getting caught up in the upgrade/downgrade stuff.
    Not having to mitigate scoring disasters yet but not far away. Time to sit back and have a smarter look.
    Thanks for posting.</blockquote>

Cheers mate, glad someone read it. I think the crux of it is its all well and good to trade out your high scoring rookies and mid pricers in favour of premiums. But it can come back to bite you if the rookie you've downgraded is forced to play because of byes, injuries etc and that rookie scores poorly.

The whole point of upgrading is to increase the amount of points you score each week. The premium who you traded in score can get cancelled out by a dud rookie you've been forced to play.

Atley, Richardson, Mckernan and Bewick have already cost me plenty.

16. turly23

turly23 New Member

my plans have officially been shat on!! I was planning to go

curnow > I.smith b.smith > suckling

B: Goddard, gibbs, shaw, heppel, broughton, stanley, lower (batchelor, puopolo, smith)

M: swan, pendles, mitchell, selwood, cotchin, harris (curnow, iles, bewick)

R: Cox, Sandi (smith, dericx)

F: Frankling, fyfe, sylvia, goodes, jroo, roo, darling (tappy, knights, matera)

So my question is this, what should I do this week now that Izzy smith is out???

Should i go with my original plan or deviate to a different one??? I have 16 trades and 46k PLEASE HELP!!!

17. Razza

Razza New Member

Cant decide between these two options..

L.Thompson out - H.Shaw in (ave 109) 476k

or

L.Thompson out - Suckling in (ave 100) 373k

alternatively, I could offload toy instead of thompson

thoughts??

18. whips

whips New Member

@turly
    Take a gamble on Curnow > Jacobs if you like him. He's still one week off the bubble but at least that will open a M/D link which you probably need. He should have good JS IMO.
    This will allow B Smith > Suckling.

19. princeofmugs

princeofmugs Moderator

Tapscott down to Lynch, L Thompson up to Suckling...
    How's that sound?
    Lynch is likely to keep getting games isn't he? I've still got Prestia hanging about stinking up my mids bench, but he is a handy MF linkup non player at least.
    Also tossing up Petrie or Knights on the feild in the FWD line this week - I'm sure whoever I pick is going to spud it up on me while whoever I bench racks up a ton.

20. Sainter

Sainter New Member

was originally planning to go
    Grimes>>Hargrave
    Broughton>>Suckling

But the McEvoy omission (which is making me extremely angry at Ross Lyon and for the 20th time this season i want him sacked) will leave me without a backup ruckman, with smith having the bye and mccauley not selected.......so i was now thinking

Grimes>>Suckling
    McCauley>>Bailey/Vardy

thoughts on the change in trades?
    and if you think it's a good idea, Bailey or Vardy?