Round 9 Trades

Discussion in 'AFL' started by Pecks, May 16, 2011.

1. clackerz

clackerz Member

^^ Agree with weazel.
    If you can you should wait at least after their first game, but sometimes it cant avoided.
    If rolled the dice on this scenario before....
    But Harris> Boyd is worth it.

2. clackerz

clackerz Member

Oh that should be
    "I've rolled the dice on that scenario before.."

I seem to have paul74's fat fingers....

3. Redmatt

Redmatt New Member

<blockquote>Quote from paul74 on May 19, 2011, 20:23
    OK guys (and gals), I haven't been able to check in at all this past 2 weeks, (new job, no interweb access, boooo), and as such ive lost each round.

Quick Q, Yarrin? Hold or trade?

My current thinking is...

Yarrin > Mzungu

Harris > Boyd.

Current Mid - Swan, Pend, Murphy, Montag, Conca, Hibb, Swallow. Harris, Wallis.

All, any, answers greatly appreciated in advance.

P.</blockquote>
    Have Yarran and am going to hold at this stage. Average not bad and can put the ball on a 5 cent piece at distance all night as long as the feed is there.Rule number 1..always get your mids done first then worry about the rest..within reason of course..injuries etc.Think Harris-Boyd(GUN!) trade is good sometime in next 3 weeks(now if you have o.k cash in bank).Harris will still rise in price though.(BE is still only 20!!)
    Will bring in Mzungu either this or next 2 weeks(b4 price rise) as he may be a keeper but I will trade out someone else and hold Yazz.

4. paul74

paul74 New Member

Thanks for the response weazel...

Fwd: Buddy, the Riewoldts, Tapscott, Petrie, Krak, Higg, Yarren, Matera, Schneider(!)

Granted fwds could do with a boost.

5. RickJames

RickJames New Member

Why is everyone that was planning on getting I Smith this week as a downgrade, now jumping off? Is it because you have no bench cover?
    I don't see him not playing this week being an issue. it's general sorness so he will be back in next week.
    I am trading him in and was planning on benching him anyway. Would rather play Hibberd as he has the Tigers and is named on the ground.

6. paul74

paul74 New Member

The Harris > Boyd is a no brainer. Just need the cash from the downgrade (Yarrin > Mzungu) to enable it.

If there are other suggestions I'm all ears, and fat fingers. :)

7. weazel

weazel Member

i'm not against upgrading your mids first but i try to use a few factors to decide when to upgrade and where.
    First of all this game is about points on the park so it's easy to tell where you have a weakness so heres how i do it.
    1 max points gain
    2 cash
    3 player be and price coming in and going out
    4 down grade options or upgrade depends what your doing
    5 coverage down the track ie bye rounds
    6 overall or league
    so essentially i have a list of players i want in my side and pick them up when i can maximising the above criteria. so this week my backs are weak with grimes out stanley(bye) and with lower and thompson on the ground and b smith on the pine. so will look to downgrade one of smith or stanley to poo poo then grimes to shaw/fisher/enright

8. way2serious

way2serious New Member

obviously by my avatar pic i am a selwood fan, but is he worth getting atm (or am i biased), Geelong have a very easy run and i am not worried about the r22 bye he has.

so at &#36;526,800 and averaging 107 (125 if it were not for the 24 in r1) is he a good option or should i look at players who also have great potential but are cheaper like a hodge (443k), Bartel/chapman (495k), montagna (471k)? what do you think

9. weazel

weazel Member

@paul74 need your whole team and cash on hand to give better advice

10. weazel

weazel Member

@way2serious selwood is a great buy

11. paul74

paul74 New Member

@ weazel, help greatly appreciated...

B: Deledio, Gibbs, Goddard, H.Shaw, Broughton, Heppell, Toy, McKernan, Puopolo, Otten

M: Swan, Pendle, Murphy, Montag, Conca, Hibberd, Swallow, Harris, Wallis

R: Sandi, Cox, Smith, Tippett.K,

F: Buddy, the Riewoldts, Tapscott, Petrie, Krak, Higgins, Yarran, Matera, Schneider.

Bank &#36;168,200

12. BennyC88

BennyC88 Member

To reclarify what I've done:

IN: I.Smith, Boyd
    OUT: Harris, Shuey

Smith was always on the card, he'll be back. He had that knock so they'll be cautious with him. Should be back next week

Boyd was a hard decision. There were other choices but after some influence and random generator to decide between Boyd, Swan, Judd, Selwood and Priddis; it was Boyd I chosen. I'll be able to get others in the very near future.

Harris was going well, but to get flexibility between MF and FW he had to go. Libba and Savage are flying and I can leak out more cash from them.

Shuey was a experiment gone wrong. Enough said.

13. way2serious

way2serious New Member

cheers weazel, good to have someone backing me up on my opinion of selwood being a gun but what are your reasons for picking selwood over someone cheaper who could also do just aswell?

14. Sainterz12

Sainterz12 Member

What should I do with Petrie? Keep or trade out?
    I reckon price wise he has peaked and is now only a small upgrade to Adam Goodes for me.

Also who else (consistent!) that is left to get in the backline if I already have Gibbs, Deledio, Adcock, Shaw and Goddard?

15. weazel

weazel Member

@paul 74 not a bad side there i'm assuming that is t schneider in forwards i'd be looking at otten(maybe next week) matera harris for trade this week unfortunately you already have the pop downgrade this week in poo poo not much chop in mid downs this week (I Smith soreness) and forwards will be lynch(gc) next week
    so for me i'd almost hold fire until next week. but if your set on it maybe matera > smith then harris fyfe pav chapman any dpp m/f then swing either krak or schneider onto mids bench just my thoughts

16. paul74

paul74 New Member

Cheers weazel,

Thanks for the responses.

17. yt

yt New Member

alright guys who does everyone think has better J/S out of hibberd and benny jacobs and who would be better to bring in this week of the two.

18. dabombers

dabombers Active Member

Another tough week here Hurley out, Jobe Watson out, GC bye so Stanley out, Harris out, I.Smith out(jumped a week early). Cam Richardson Lost and not seen for a while. The cows not ready to go to market, Lower, Heppell, KrakV2011, Tapscott, Darling.
    Higgins back or is he????? expecting a late withdraw due to being concussed by a tissue.

Need B5,B6 M5, M6 and F5.
    Dont want to cull Midpricers like Yarran, Heppell, Higgins, Hurley, Harris, Krakouer, Darling yet as they will be handy subs for what is 'alot' of the season to go or final spots onfield.
    12 Trades left, maybe been going a little too hard, but sitting nicely inside Top 1000 which was aim but unless tempo is kept could see a quick slide down.

Thinking Hurley out to Mzungu -(more a MPP move then a cash grab or is the risk too high) also Hurley has a BE of 21 but injury is unclear, mentioned as a big toe tendon problen affecting his calf.

opt 1
    Harris to J.Bolton - (Lots of SCG games to come, easy games, POD, and Cash in bank)

opt 2
    Harris to any of the elites - (Already have Swan, Boyd, Mundy, Watson) so next best are Priddis, Pendles, Selwood???, Judd??? ???= Bad Byes late in season...

Sorry ppl for the long rant but its been doing my head in all week.

19. BennyC88

BennyC88 Member

Haha concussed by a tissue.... classic

20. HeavyMen

HeavyMen Well-Known Member

@dabombers
    IMO Selwood is your man.

I have just traded Heppell (in mids) to Hodge (hoping he does his thing across h/back as POD).
    Thinking it wouldn't take much for Heppell's price to drop i.e. copping the jacket or even being part of mid rotations if he plays as named (less game time).

Also Atley to Jacobs to maintain mid/def link with Hibberd, Gibbs, God & Lids.
    Only made &#36;100 K on Atley but looking like his BE was
    = scoring ability. Dissapointing &#36;&#36; wise he couldn't rip any score above 63, having played every game to date.
    Started with &#36;100 K & still have it there.

Next week Conca + Duigan/Lower/L Thompson or S Martin to Ablett/Swan

Mids will be Pendles, Judd, Selwood, Hodge, Goodes/Chappy & one of the above with Harris to moo for the final mid.

But as with Smith this week - plans tend to change weekly :)