Round 10 Trades

Discussion in 'AFL' started by crew, May 22, 2011.

1. marky53

marky53 New Member

I need some help.

My backline is currently deledio, adcock, goddard, gibbs, lower, stanley, pop (heppell, toy, hibberd).

I plan on trading Conca to Jacobs to open the MPP thiw week.

I wish to upgrade Stanley to a solid defender but with already 2 of each st kilda, geelong, carlton, pies players I'm d like to stay away from premiums from those teams.

That leaves me with Suckling as I only have Buddy and Pup from Hawthorn anyway.

Is this a good move, or should I look elsewhere.

2. cjp1123

cjp1123 New Member

Harris is certain to go up in price if he plays this week Should offset any price rise for GAJ this week.

3. thegob

thegob New Member

wait for GAJ's 196 to go away and price to drop. Then he's just a maybe in terms of consistently getting the chance to be a top premium.

Lynch a must have rookie this week, will play all year, is a big boy and can play. Very J Brown for mine

4. Spifflicator

Spifflicator New Member

Tappy out for Lynch, Jurrah out for Buddy or N roo... hmmmmmm

5. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

Haven't had a chance to watch Lynch so just going by numbers. Where does he get his points? Contested marks?

With be coming in for Tappy and will most likely go Swallow to Hodge.

That allows me to go Krak to Boyd after Boyd has shed a bit of value.

Mids will then be Swan, Pendles, Selwood, Montags, Boyd, Hodge.

Am a bit wary of Mundy. It was interesting to see his scoring taper off considerably once Sandi got injured. Will be very interesting to see how he goes in the next month.

6. PwnSC

PwnSC New Member

I'm definitely downgrading Tapscott. However, downgrade to who? I. Smith or Lynch (given they are both named on the team sheets)? After downgrade I plan to upgrade my defense with Adcock. However, since the two rookies are both on the bubble, is it worth doing a double downgrade this week and do a single upgrade next week? I have 15 trades left and $65k in the bank

7. Manc1

Manc1 New Member

Just checked the salary predictor for Ablett. Why does his salary change to $597,882 (up by $69,282) if he scores his average (118) this week. His BE is 83. If he scores his BE (83) it goes up to $582,570 (up by $53,970)? I'm guessing the figures are wrong? Want to get this Ablett decsion right. Any thoughts...

8. walesy

walesy Administrator Staff Member

I'll take a looksee mate and get back to ya.

9. walesy

walesy Administrator Staff Member

Alright, the underlying bug is that it's currently counting his bye as a repeat of his last score- So instead of using 75, 198, yourscore- it's using 198, 198, yourscore.

I've got a few errants to run, so it'll be a few hours before I get a fix up for it- but if you're after an accurate figure for next week, subtract 123 off the score you enter. (No, not an idea option as it will offset future movements, but until I get the fix pushed up, it's all we got.)

10. graeme

graeme Guest

alternatively Manc1 go to SC, set up for a trade to GAJ (but do not push for, or confirm) and see what the price is.

Always handy if you are unsure of a price!

regards
    chels

11. Manc1

Manc1 New Member

Cheers Walesy. Thought it might have something to do with the bye. Apologies for the extra work mate. Great tool to use though.

12. Spifflicator

Spifflicator New Member

Anyone with Bartel thinking of upgrading him Selwood or GAJ this week. His BE is 154, and even v GCS that is quite a score, and more importantly his form seems to be tapering off.

Am I being a bit harsh?

13. TopHeavy

TopHeavy Member

Bartel is a good player and although imo he isn't as good as Selwood, he will perform more consistently than GAJ and will score more goals than Selwood, potentially scoring more than both. I wouldn't waste trades sideways, instead upgrade your average players. Who knows, Bartel might get injured and then you can do it. Leave it for the time being though.

14. Sainter

Sainter New Member

Cam Pederson booting 8 in the AFL has changed my plans, was originally going
    Matera>>May
    Duigan>>Malceski

Then.....Pederson kicks 8 goals, so if he's selected
    L.Thompson>>Pederson
    Duigan>>Malceski

So the question is
    May VS Pederson
    and
    Matera VS Thompson

Both Matera and Thompson are D9 and F9 when team is at full strength
    May is averaging 59 but looks to be more certain to play than Pederson, having said that, Pederson averages 30+ points than May. Duigan is the certain out.......
    Any thoughts as to what I should do?

15. torcida

torcida Member

sainter - correct me if im wrong but u got Thompson and Otten in ur team and still u r trading duigan out . and for who ? guy whos only come back from knee rec.

16. weazel

weazel Member

@Marky53 suckling, newman(after r11) are both good atm also have a look at johncock broughton rawlings

17. Midge001

Midge001 Member

Anyone for Hodge as a POD? 450K and averages 140 against the bulldogs.
    Personally, I'm probably going to double-downgrade Tappy and Matera to Lynch and Smith (if named) this week, then settle for a couple weeks and start picking of POD premiums for league wins. I'm 6-0 and can afford to taper off and save trades for a week or two after this, then get a better look at the other teams and make sure I'm not heading in to finals with the same 22.

18. torcida

torcida Member

midge001 - im prob gettin hodge in dt this week.krak out -
    would luv to do the same move in sc but not possible at the moment. cant afford to miss out on lynch and jacobs

19. Dave80

Dave80 New Member

Current team
    Def:dids/enright/Gibbs/goddard/Bruoghton
    Lower/Grundy/Jacobs/Stanley/poop

Mid:pendle/selwood/swallow(gc)/libba/Curnow
    Goodes/hep/bucks/smith

Ruc:sandi/cox/smith/Stanley

For:buddy/Harvey/fyfe/the riewoldts/stev j
    Tappy/Krak/matera/richo

16 trades & $255,800 in the kitty
    This well looking at Tappy>lynch &
    Curnow>ablett
    Thoughts on this would be great, only going
    For league win 8910 overall

20. clackerz

clackerz Member

I'm thinking of doing a double down this week to bring in Swallow>I.Smith and Tappscott>Lynch.
    But this may leave me short in premiums in the mids with Heppell/Hibberd on the pine as well. It will be either one with their MPP.

Otherwise if I do an upgrade I'll miss out on one of these guys.
    I want to upgrade to continue with building up the team...ahh decisions, decisions!
    If I do upgrade I'm looking to get in Thommo

Also there's the whole Sandi issue.
    But that's on hold for this week if Otten is not playing I can run with Z.Smith and Cox.