Round 10 Trades

Discussion in 'AFL' started by crew, May 22, 2011.

1. lukew55

lukew55 New Member

what do people think about bringing in joel tippett purely for his MPP for sandilands? I have petrie in FWD and Zac Smith as RUC bench.

I have 19 trades left with decent FWD bench coverage. Can use the money freed to do some juicy upgrades.

2. TopHeavy

TopHeavy Member

Definitely, I did it. That way when you have injuries/byes you can use the dish as utility.

3. taminater

taminater New Member

sandi to j tippit sounds like a sound idea think i might have to do it, i only just gor sandi in for jamar tho!!!!!!!!!!!! next petrie will go down.

set and forget for rucks just didn't work

4. marky53

marky53 New Member

this is off topic, but can someone explain how I can remove email notifications for this thread?

my inbox has been getting smashed all week!

5. whips

whips New Member

@marky.
    Go to your profile.
    Under your avatar hit [edit]
    Go to Notification Settings.

6. marky53

marky53 New Member

@ whips

Cheers mate!

7. The_Swert

The_Swert Active Member

I'm torn between three trades. Here is my team:

Def: Goddard, Deledio, Gibbs, Lower, L Thompson, Puopolo (Heppell, Batchelor, Jacobs)

Mid: Swan, Mundy, Priddis, J Selwood, A Swallow, Pavlich (Liberatore, Harris, Hibberd)

Ruc: Cox, Z Smith (Sandilands, Bailey)

Fwd: Franklin, N Riewoldt, O'Keefe, Goodes, Rioli, Darling, Petrie (Tapscott, McKernan, Siposs)

$193k in bank. 15 trades left.

I am considering the following trades. I would like some advice on which to go for and which to wait until next week.

1: Tapscott to Lynch/I Smith (gain 125/160k)

2: Sandilands to J Tippett (gain 428k)

3: Batchlor to Adcock/Scotland (lose 213/237k)

8. ThommoDees

ThommoDees New Member

<blockquote>Quote from taminater on May 25, 2011, 12:35
    thanks for advice guys,

thommo i already have jacobs in mids, only other option is hibberd for thompson to get heppel into backline but i don't like his JS and its a bit too late now to jump on him</blockquote>

Ah, yeah I missed Jacobs in your mids... That's a shame. You'd be best to concentrate on upgrading your mids as quick as possible then.

9. Tino

Tino Member

&#36;19,900 / 13 trades. League only, need to inject some quality.

Can I get thoughts thoughts on:

Tappy - Lynch
    Krak - Thompson

B: Lids, Godds, Shaw, Gibbs, Enright, Lower, Batchelor (Heppell, Toy, Tape)

M: Swan, Pendles, Selwood, Cross, Murphy, Buckley
    (Krak, Pestia, I Smith)

R: Cox, Smith (Sandi, Derickx)

Fwd: Buddy, Fyfe, Pav, Goodes, J Roo, Darling, Siposs (Tappy, Pitt, Richardson)

Any alternative options would be greatly appreciated!

10. torcida

torcida Member

tino - u will need that 2nd mid/fwd link and i u trade krak as mid for thompson u r loosing it.

so if u switch pav/fyfe or goodes and krak and upgrade krak as FWD u still gunna have 6 premiums in the mid (plus u wont loose mid/fwd link).
    ROO would be a good pick up fwd

11. Tino

Tino Member

<blockquote>Quote from torcida on May 25, 2011, 15:30
    tino - u will need that 2nd mid/fwd link and i u trade krak as mid for thompson u r loosing it.

so if u switch pav/fyfe or goodes and krak and upgrade krak as FWD u still gunna have 6 premiums in the mid (plus u wont loose mid/fwd link).
    ROO would be a good pick up fwd
    </blockquote>

Agreed Tocida, but I have 3 mpp's in my mid.

Prestia, Krak and Smith are all mpp so do you think that I need all 3?

Fyfe, Pav and Goodes are my M/F mpps, and Freo has the triple bye so no issue there for league win only.

12. torcida

torcida Member

didnt realise pest was there :) still think having premium mpp in the mid will be handy

13. HotPiesColdDrinks

HotPiesColdDrinks Member

I think I may let Lynch pass through. If Smith is named this week, I will most likely go:

Tapscott>Smith
    Batchelor>Jacobs

Then next week, probably go:

Matera>Chapman
    Conca>Mzungu

I know it's not ideal to only bring in 1 premium with my next 4 trades, but I think I need to make the most of some of these rookies now. They could dry out, and doing it now may set me up for the rest of the season.

Now if Smith isn't named, the question will be if I do bring Lynch in, or still pass on him and bring Mzungu a week early.

That's what I am thinking now, though come Friday I may have different ideas, haha.

14. Quantum

Quantum New Member

Im planning on downgrading tapscott to Lynch, but unsure on the upgrade. I am going to upgrade Krakouer to any mid bar Boyd as i cant afford him.

CUrrent Mids: Pendlebury, Judd, Sylvia, Selwood, Conca, Swallow ( Krak, Polec, Iles)

Any ideas which mid to bring in? Not to sold on Ablett as i dont know if he will see the year out, and Thompson im also not sold on, how come he has a 65 thrown in his scores, sub?

Thinking of Mundy or Murphy, tho the Blues having a buy come finals time doesnt do much for him, and i already have Judd in the Mids

Another option is to just downgrade tappy to lynch this week and not upgrade

Downgrade to Mzungu next week with no upgrade as well, then do a few upgrades the weeks after.

This option would preserve my trades as i only have 13 left

15. way2serious

way2serious New Member

For this week i will be doing one downgrade and one upgrade and still leave a fair amount of cash in the bank (had been thinking of double upgrade but now think i willjump on a couple of rookies over the next couple of weeks).

So anyway Lynch from GC, what are peoples opinions on him? i am going to trade tapscott out and am considering bringing him in. i know nothing of him and would like to know if he is likely to continue his decent start or if i should hold off a week and pick up Mzungu.

My other trade will be to bring in a prem Mid, i am just wondering whether to go Hodge or Ablett. If i don't get Ablett now then i will still get him in 2 weeks when Harris peaks where as if i don't get Hodge now then i may not at all. And with Ablett against Gee and WB then i dont think that there will be much difference in their next couple of scores so who should i bring in?

16. turly23

turly23 New Member

Really stuck this week and have no idea what to do

Shaw, goddard, heppel, gibbs, suckling, broughton, lower (stanley, batchelor, puopolo)

Swan, pendles, selwood, cotchin, mitchell, harris (iles, smith, bewick

Cox, smith (sandi, dericx

franklin, fyfe, sylvia, goodes, jroo, roo, darling (tappy, knights, matera)

Obviously jacobs and lynch are playing their 3rd game this week, but I'm really lost as to what I should do, any help would be great, cheers!!

17. Shenanigans

Shenanigans New Member

@torcida, Tino - By the end of your trades, your MPP prems should all be in your fwd or def line, with the MPP rookies on the mid bench.

Mids are better scorers than fwds or defs (be they MPP or no) so you want to have as many true mids on the field as you can. MPP rookies should be there for covering a donut where you have a spare player in another line.

18. torcida

torcida Member

shenanigans - i know what u mean mate but when u got no def/mpps in the mid -
    and pissoff - richo - pitt and tappy up fwd hard to find solution (for me the best trade would be krak/tappy > n.roo/jacobs

19. Shenanigans

Shenanigans New Member

you still have Mzungu to come - that gives you Jacobs/Mzungu as the MPPs on your mid bench.

20. Tino

Tino Member

<blockquote>Quote from Shenanigans on May 25, 2011, 18:16
    @torcida, Tino - By the end of your trades, your MPP prems should all be in your fwd or def line, with the MPP rookies on the mid bench.

Mids are better scorers than fwds or defs (be they MPP or no) so you want to have as many true mids on the field as you can. MPP rookies should be there for covering a donut where you have a spare player in another line.</blockquote>

Thanks Shenanigans.

Yeah I have Buckley, Prestia and Smith on mid bench and Goodes, Fyfe and Pav in my forward line.

Since I'm only goign for league win, doesnt really matter as Freo have the triple bye and I think that Syd do too.

Been looking at potential mids, can afford anyone cheaper than &#36;471,900. I think Thompson is the pick of the bunch.