seeing what difference good trades make

Discussion in 'AFL' started by TheTassieHawk, Mar 10, 2011.

1. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

I'm 1072 from 9 so far this week. And still have cap swan to come! Looking at a big score, but who knows how the rest of em go...

If all the rest of my players score their ave, I'll get 2500+

2. FunkSoulBrother

FunkSoulBrother Member

unbelievable..casey has lower on the bench.

team selection needs some work!!

3. anthak

Oh no... I almost did that too, very happy that I did not though. Also happy with my last min decision to bench tappy! Only just realised about 30min before lockout that I could play pittard instead of him - by mpp Isaac into the guts.

Apart from gibbs' 98, pittard is the only player to not get a ton for me so far - from 13 players.

I've worked out my projected score exactly now - based on each remaining player's current ave - and I'm headed for a score of 2636!! But realistically, 3 players are prob not likely to hit their ave - darling, hargrave, rioli - and cox may find it hard to reach 123 as well. But who knows

Already on 1533 from my 13 players... And no cap yet.

How's everyone else doing?

4. Thunda

Thunda New Member

Happy with 2513, Swan and Shaw let me done, but I guess most of us are in the same boat.

Looks like Have You Hird and Swallow This are just % boosting games from now on.

5. Chazticles

Chazticles New Member

<blockquote>Quote from Thunda on May 25, 2011, 20:17
    Happy with 2513, Swan and Shaw let me done, but I guess most of us are in the same boat.

Looks like Have You Hird and Swallow This are just &#37; boosting games from now on.</blockquote>
    Only because DOfAPerfectSquare has finally remembered to update his team.

6. anthak

Pretty close at the top... Only 3 points separating top 2!

I'm wondering now if I should be aiming to win this comp, or have a last ditch effort at the &#36;50k. My head and heart, and pretty much all logic says I'm well and truly out of the running. But I also think I might as well be trying...

Could try to bring in super PODs and go with really risky cap choices - and hope to hell that everything pays off!! Lol
    Or could play it safe and have acreslistic chance at winning the TS Trading Games league.

Not sure what to do yet...

In some ways, I've already been going with option 1 the last month or so, bringing in players such as Bolton, hargrave etc
    But to have any chance at all now, it's time to really throw caution to the wind.

7. anthak

Got confused, just realised the Bolton trade was in my actual team...

But hargrave was definitely for POD reasons, and it hasn't worked out so well.

Anyway, that mistake doesn't change the gist of my last comment.
    What do you all reckon? What attitudes are you all bringing to your teams?

8. TheTassieHawk

TheTassieHawk SC fanatic Staff Member

round 11 update - again apologies for any errors!

at the moment it is looking like a 4 horse race but things can change pretty quickly

CaseysCrushers 24170
    Anthak II 24167 (3)
    NtThunda 24123 (47)
    SaintsBoys 24074 (96)
    Bird Is The Word 23921 (249)
    Bookie 23800 (370)
    Buzz II 23720 (450)
    Blackest Caviar 23486 (684)
    Off&Trading 23448 (722)
    The Baron VonGinasII 23437 (733)
    Team Ramrod 23295 (875)
    CrownJulz the 2nd 23224 (946)
    D Of A Perfect Square 22999 (1171)
    PNG Raskols 22790 (1380)

9. TheTassieHawk

TheTassieHawk SC fanatic Staff Member

@anthak - as my Trading Games Team overall ranking has slipped back to 11000 and well behind my main SC team my attitude should defintely be to take a few POD risks while continuing the 1 down/1 up pattern over the next few weeks or so and hopefully recover soem ost ground or go down in a screaming heap while trying !

10. anthak

Thanks TH. I reckon it's an interesting discussion point. Would be good to hear how others are shaping up too. Especially the top 4 or 5.

11. anthak

I ended up just going with trades that I thought were smartest. Didn't worry about PODs and the like.

Got to do two upgrades this week. Happy days! Not very often that happens.

Lower to broughton; and pittard to Boyd. Which has turned out great so far with his 160odd tonight.

Got fully upgraded team now, except for 1 defender, but heppell is filling that spot fairly nicely for the moment. But Also got a worry about hargrave. Was prob my worst trade of the year, bringing him in after his first up ton!

I actually have 7 premiums in mids atm and only 6 fwds, but when swan comes back, I'll downgrade one of my fwd rookies to a mpp m/f and swap them into the guts, moving pavlova to the fwd line, and then both lines are fully upgraded, but effectively I've already got all premiums needed (except 1 def as already mentioned).

12. FunkSoulBrother

FunkSoulBrother Member

Looks like you are gonna put some distance between us this week Anthak. Some 200 points I would think.

Your Boyd pickup was timely. I went Hodge in RD 11 and shattered with his current effort.

JRoo (RD6) and Missy (never EVER again!!) Higgins (RD5) really annoying me.

Enright (RD7) been disappointing too.

Thompson (RD9) has tapered off some also.

Happy to have picked up Scotland and Fishers in the backs.

Made a good decision to ditch Swan in RD7. Was hoping to get him back after second bye at a reduced price but that situation worked out a lot better than I had hoped for.

I have only 7 trades left and 117K in the bank. So I may struggle a bit from here on in. I am still going to bang a couple more trades and will prob only hold onto 3 for problems. (not nearly enough)

13. FunkSoulBrother

FunkSoulBrother Member

Current side :

DEF : Fisher, Scotland, Deledio, Shaw, Gibbs, Enright,
    Puopolo, Toy, Otten, Jacobs

MID : Thompson, Judd, Sylvia, Goddard, Ablett, Hodge, Conca, Hibberd, Mzungu

RUC : Cox, Smith, Sandilands, Keeffe

FWD : Pavlich, Franklin, Harvey, N Riewoldt, J Riewoldt, Darling, Higgins, Krakouer, Prestia, Howe

Current Thinking:

Goddard to go back to DEF to complete that line. Prob Otten to be D8 for remainder with Jacobs/Hibberd options and MPP cover.

Sylvia to go FWD. (sub with Krakouer) Prob keep Higgins as F8 (even though he is really giving me the sh*ts).

Upgrade Krakouer and Conca in MID and Darling in FWD.

Well at least that's my current thoughts (who knows)

------
    Analysis so far!!

RD3 Richardson to Tapscott (correction - tick)
    RD3 Bewick to Liberatore (correction - tick)

RD4 Goddard to Ablett (not sure this was the greatest move timing wise and ended up getting Goddard back so prob wasted trade)
    RD4 Montagna to Harvey (Happy with this - tick)**

RD5 Goodes to Higgins (wasted trade - don't want either at the momnent but Goodes preferable)

RD6 Rioli to J Riewoldt ( happy with trade at the time but JRoo not producing any more and Cyril has endured some lower scores and injury and is now producing again - So no tick here)

RD7 Swan to Pavlich (happy with this but Pavlich has dropped of of late. Was looking to get Swan back cheap but may hold right off on that now. Maybe a bargain just prior to finals time? - tick)**
    RD7 Duigan to Enright (looked the perfect upgrade but Enright failing to deliver. Duigan still going well. Would like this one back. But still a correct trade I believe)

RD8 Grimes to Puopolo (LTI forced downgrade - tick)**
    RD8 Harris to Goddard (forgetting the fact that I traded him out earlier - tick)

RD9 D Swallow to Thompson (OK - tick - although he has tapered off)

RD10 Heppell to Jacobs (evaluation pending, considered keeping Heppell as D8 but thinking he will drop off as the season progresses and the bombers slip. Happy with this so far. Wanted to keep the MPP too - tick)
    RD10 Pittard to Scotland (tick)**

RD11 Liberatore to Hodge (timing for upgrade OK but not happy with Hodge so far. I am not the only one who went here I guess)
    RD11 Matera to Mzungu (tick)**

RD12 Lower to Fisher (tick)**
    Rd12 Tapscott to Howe (evaluation pending)

Happy with 11 trades. Unhappy with 6.

** My best trades so far. The ones I wouldn't revisit at all) Hmm strike rate of 6/17 not real good.

14. anthak

great read FSB, thanks for that.

The Joey to Boomer trade was the best one by far i reckon! Great insight.

Ill chuck my trades up too.

15. anthak

ROUND 3
    OUT Prestia (&#36;148,600) IN Tapscott (&#36;110,200) [fix up - tick]
    OUT Hibberd (&#36;103,600) IN Curnow (&#36;107,700) [fix up - tick]

ROUND 5
    OUT Sylvia (&#36;428,200) IN Harvey (&#36;469,100) [sylvia has been good... but so has Boomer - avoided a zero in R5, so maybe a tick? was weighing up Sylvia or Goodes, and Sylvia has outscored goodes since then, so probably no tick here]
    OUT Krakouer (&#36;239,100) IN Petrie (&#36;216,000) [just in time for droopy's 150 - tick]

ROUND 6
    OUT Bewick (&#36;138,300) IN Polec (&#36;168,600) [polec was a dud - not a good decision]
    OUT Otten (&#36;227,400) IN Thompson (&#36;103,600) [thats Lthompson from ade - tick]

ROUND 7
    OUT Conca (&#36;237,000) IN Pavlich (&#36;507,900) [conca did go better in the few weeks after this trade, but tick]
    OUT Duigan (&#36;270,600) IN Johnson (&#36;103,600) [alex johnson - tick]

ROUND 8
    OUT Curnow (&#36;319,000) IN O'Keefe (&#36;403,300) [big tick - ROK has been on fire since]
    OUT Polec (&#36;182,200) IN Smith (&#36;103,600) [Isaac - jury still out, but prob not a smart trade]

ROUND 9
    OUT Grimes (&#36;382,700) IN Hargrave (&#36;372,600) [NOOOO, was ranked about 300th (from memory) at that stage, and was about to bring in SFisher, but thought a POD would be better if i had a chance to catch leaders... Fisher has continued to be good, and Hargrave has only played 2 games since, and scored 50's - worst trade!]
    OUT Thompson (&#36;264,300) IN Puopolo (&#36;103,600) [tick]

ROUND 10
    OUT Swallow (&#36;332,700) IN Ablett (&#36;528,600) [big tick]
    OUT Tapscott (&#36;264,300) IN Mzungu (&#36;110,200) [tick]

ROUND 11
    OUT Harris (&#36;311,900) IN Pendlebury (&#36;523,000) [maybe a bit late, but still a tick]
    OUT Sandilands (&#36;554,000) IN Tippett (&#36;125,700) [opened the link with droopy, been good so far - tick]

ROUND 12
    OUT Pittard (&#36;304,600) IN Boyd (&#36;509,700) [big tick]
    OUT Lower (&#36;349,200) IN Broughton (&#36;406,900) [should be ok, but who knows - scored 1 point better this round lol]

so, pretty happy with trades overall. bringing in the 2 kangas in R5 were biggies. ROK was good timing, he was cheap as when i got him. rookie choices have been pretty good, except for Polec, and maybe ISmith.

Hargrave was easily the stupidist move of the season!

overall, came up with 13 ticks out of 18 trades, and a few that are still unknown quantities...

got 6 trades left, and &#36;89k in bank.

im fully upgraded, except for 1 defender, and theres also Hargrave to deal with...

current team:
    D: Lids, Heater, BJ, Gibbs, Broughton, Hargrave, Hep, AJohnson, Puopolo, Toy
    M: Pendles, GAJ, Boyd, Swan, Judd, Pav, Joey, Mzungu, ISmith
    R: Cox, Smith, Keefe, JTip
    F: Buddy, ROK, Goodes, Boomer, NRoo, Droopy, Rioli, Darling, Matera, Richo.

got 7 prems in mids, but after round 14 will trade one of Darling/Matera/Richo to a rookie M/F mpp and swap with Pavlova... waiting till then cause Swan out in R13 and Joey out in R14.

and Droopy will idealy end up back in rucks, with Zach smith on the bennch... but they will swap back and forth, depending on matchups, byes etc.

anyway thats enough, ill be surprised if anyone reads this far... lol

16. anthak

<blockquote>Quote from anthak on June 13, 2011, 12:21
    great read FSB, thanks for that.

The Joey to Boomer trade was the best one by far i reckon! Great insight.

Ill chuck my trades up too.</blockquote>

oh and the trade to get rid of swan, that must have took guts! has paid off extremely well!

17. anthak

<blockquote>Quote from anthak on June 13, 2011, 12:58

current team:
    D: Lids, Heater, BJ, Gibbs, Broughton, Hargrave, Hep, AJohnson, Puopolo, Toy
    M: Pendles, GAJ, Boyd, Swan, Judd, Pav, Joey, Mzungu, ISmith
    R: Cox, Smith, Keefe, JTip
    F: Buddy, ROK, Goodes, Boomer, NRoo, Droopy, Rioli, Darling, Matera, Richo.

</blockquote>

Got 13th place for the round with this team. Moved up to 200th oa.
    But still pretty much same amount of points away from leaders.

18. FunkSoulBrother

FunkSoulBrother Member

2367 this week sees me back in front by 107 after being around 200 behind you last week Anthak.

Just goes to show how much things can change around in a week. This should be interesting now to see how this pans out for the rest of the season.

19. FunkSoulBrother

FunkSoulBrother Member

987 behind the comp leader. Miles too far back nut interesting to see if the leaders can pull further away or we can make up some ground.

20. Sainter

Sainter New Member

Ablett in for me this week, is 10k less than i thought he'd be so i can just get him in with an upgrade. Krakouer out. Krak been good, but had to get the Little Master somehow. I'm confident it will be a good trade....