Round 10 Trades

Discussion in 'AFL' started by crew, May 22, 2011.

1. torcida

torcida Member

im stuck with that prestia from the start and looks like hes gunna stay there untill the end . it was much easier when there was no byes - lookin forward 2 next yr.
    thompson is a good pick up if u dont worry about scores during multibyes

2. Sainter

Sainter New Member

@quantum
    S.Thompson was not sub....got concussion i think, not allowed back on

3. way2serious

way2serious New Member

@truly

your team is looking good for this stage of the season and so you may want to just keep trades in hand. But if you were to make a trade i think there is no point in having knights on bench, so i would look to get rid of Knights and tapscott and get in a prem and a rookie

4. Markaninos

Markaninos New Member

sorry this may have been asked already, is there any actual real authority on the higgins injury.
    i know alot of people like twitter i dont particularly go for twitter as a viable source no matter who 'tweets' it

5. JPK

JPK Moderator Staff Member

Is there much love for Merrett as a mid-priced defender with a bit of a POD (only in 13,000 teams)?

This week I'm looking to drop Matera for Lynch, and McKernan from my backs, but don't have enough for Suckling, so I see Merrett as the next best option.

The other option is Matera for Smith / Mzungu (both have ???'s and I already have the MPP link) and McKernan for Suckling, which only brings an extra 10ppg into my team.

I guess its a matter of cow (Lynch) or points (Suckling). What does everyone think, please?

(I don't have Tappy, and am only just in the top 5000, so really going for league more than over-all)

Cheers for a great site!!!!

6. Stanton_Warrior

Stanton_Warrior New Member

$115K in the bank and only 9 trades left ... yep, there's been some wild axe swinging and loose trading late at night in my bunker, I'm afraid : (

Not sure what needs fixing or when ... HELP!!!!

F: Deledio, Goddard, Gibbs, Suckling, Heppell, Lower, Enright (McKernan, Thompson, Puopulpo)

M: Swan, Watson, Pavlich, Judd, Bartel, Goodes, (Bewick, Harris, Hibberd)

R: Cox, Sandi (Smith, Dericx)

F: NRoo, Franklin, Harvey, Dawes, Knights, Darling, Matera (Richardson, Pitt, Lynch)

7. torcida

torcida Member

JPK no love for merret mate - dont know if u got anyone else to cash in appart from mckernan . would rather take a punt on someone like mzungu than get merrett

Stanton_Warrior ouch - only 9 -
    sandi being hurt might be a blessing for u ;)

8. Triza

Triza New Member

Ok think I've got my trades set for this week.

L.Thompson -> Jacobs
    D. Stanley -> Adcock

Not sure whether to go Scotland over Adcock. I already have Juddy and Gibbs, but I'm worried about the rnd 19 bye with Adcock, as I have lids and A.Johnson on the bench. Hopefully he's gone by then however!

Will keep Tappy on the pine as I think bringing in Jacobs is more important than Lynch, will pick up Mzungu for tappy next week.

9. mo_cheeks

mo_cheeks New Member

My current thoughts:

If Higgins is named this week, surely I need to dump him. He is due to drop 30k or so.

I have Tapp but his price isn't moving. I already have I. Smith but I think my forwards need strengthening (Fyfe or Pav).

Team is:

Gibbs, Goddard, Dids, Shaw, Fisher, Lower, McKernan (Heppell, Pedersen, Markovic)

Selwood, Boyd, Boak, Swan, Mundy, Harris (Iles, Hibberd, Swallow)

Cox, Sandi (Smith, Campbell)

Franklin, Goodes, Harvey, N Roo, Krak, Higgins, Darling (Tapp, Matera, I. Smith)

Any thoughts.

10. Golingo

Golingo New Member

Higgins is playing on my mind too. If he plays, he's going to drop in value considerably, and if he doesn't he is still money on the bench.

If he is listed to play, I'm torn between giving him the chance to show why I picked and held onto him for so long in the first place - or cutting and running, with a potential to waste a trade if he plays out the season maintaining his acceptable average.

I have Tapscott, and Smith already on the pine.. trying to determine if I do a double downgrade to get Lynch and Jacobs, or just stick with one and do an upgrade (or Higgins sidegrade) elsewhere.

My list for this week is:
    Lids/Goddard/Shaw/Gibbs/Broughton/Batchelor/Stanley - (Otten/Heppell/Puopolo)
    Mundy/Swan/Pendles/Murphy/A Swallow/S Higgins - (D Harris/M Hibberd/I Smith)
    Franklin/Pavlich/N Roo/J Darling/C Yarran/A Krakouer/B Matera - (Tapscott/McKernan/C Richardson)

11. JPK

Cheers Torcida

Its just a toss-up between getting Suckling (and Mzungu / Smith) this week or Lynch (and maybe someone else somewhere else)... Don't really have anyone else down back, they've all still some time to moo

My mind is still on Lynch as the next cow, but I'm thinking Suckling will make a good backman.

Looks like some more time on excel for me ;-)

12. torcida

torcida Member

JPK - the only problem with them not being ready is there will be hardly any rookies coming after . think we gotta jump on this lot (mzungu/lynch/smith)

13. faz_2000

faz_2000 New Member

I'm looking at moving injured Tappy for Lynch, who should hold down a bench/emergency spot for the remainder of the year and free up some cash.

My second move is looking like Higgins -> GAJ.

Higgo sucks me in every year. I just keep getting burnt. He either goes this week or is a keeper for the year.

On GAJ, I think he'll have down games, but as captain of a young side, I do NOT see him getting rested or put on ice late in the year like he might have been at the Cats. He has to be there to lead, so I foresee some big games late in the year when others have given up.

Only trepidation is missing out on Jacobs as a backline downgrade. Not sure there are others on the horizon.

14. JPK

Torcida - I've been doing pretty well with the rookies, having both North Cams from the beginning (there's some slow burners if I ever saw some), while I got on Jacobs last week (based on the good words coming from Port), and Wright (crows) a few weeks back, who's cruising along nicely! Adding a Lynch / Mzungu / Smith and then a Callinan should probably keep me going for the rest of the year.

I know I can't take all the trains, its just which one (or ones) work best now, and help me with upgrades in the future (or now - with Suckling). Not really keen on the double D/G much prefer the 1 up 1 down.

Cheers for your input mate!

15. torcida

torcida Member

yeah , we will always miss on some of them -
    some ppl were tempted 2 do double downgrade last week (poupolo ,wright and hibb) and this week is the same . i like the balance so i always go one up one down no mather how tempted i get

16. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

Yeah for example I'm missing Jacobs this week, but getting Lynch instead to jump on Hodge who is cheap but won't be for much longer.
    Then next week Mzungu.

I wouldn't get too obsessed with getting all 3 of Lynch, Jacobs and Mzungu. 2 out of 3 would be sufficient.

17. damnfunky

damnfunky New Member

i checked out one of my league opponents this week...

in the ruck they have
    - sandi (inj)
    - Warnock (inj)
    - Hille (bye)
    - J Tippet (with no petrie)

:)

I wonder if they'll be doing any trades....

18. BennyC88

BennyC88 Member

Well I had no choice so the trades I done were:

Tapscott - Lynch
    Menzel - Adcock

If there is a late withdrawal, it better be in the midfield because that's the only cover I have. Even then I don't want anyone out

19. Sainter

Sainter New Member

Matthew Jaensch is gonna be a good player, just wanted to say, i think he's gonna win 3 crows BNFs at least...:)

20. Lion24

Lion24 New Member

Could use some help as I'm a supercoach newbie. Currently undefeated in my league & only looking for a league win. 18 trades left with $116,100 in the bank. Current team is:

Def - Deledio, Adcock, Goddard, Gibbs, S Martin, Lower, L Thompson (Heppell, Enright & Toy)

Mid - Pendles, Cotchin, I Smith, J Selwood, Montagna, Liberatore (Rockcliff, Swallow, Harris)

Ruck - Petrie, Smith (Sandilands, Clark)

Frwd - Dawes, Riewoldt, Darling, Knights, A Krakouer, Rioli, O'Keefe (Hurley, Tapscott & Matera)

Was thinking of downgrading Swallow for Jacobs from port so i can move some of my backline players into the midfield when required & upgrading Hurley to a player with a 100+ average. Suggestions?