Gary Ablett

Discussion in 'AFL' started by DC, May 23, 2011.

1. Lucas

Lucas Moderator Staff Member

I'm buying GAJ most likely.

Unless I do a Sandi-Mumford trade this week, and hope for a GAJ collapse in value from say an 85 or less this weekend, then pocket the change with a trade next week.

Plenty of player possible scores need to be taken into account here:

Lynch v Cats
    Petrie v Swans
    Mumford v Kangas
    Ablett v Cats
    Krakouer v Eagles
    Harris v Cats
    McKernan v Lions
    Richardson v Swans
    Smith v Cats

Should be a fun week, probably will make a decision based on how tough the league games are to win!

2. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

Would assume GAJ will be out to prove a point with the Cats and possibly Ling trying to stop him.
    Krak could be a real worry vs. Eagles, but he is a WAFL product.

3. Triza

Triza New Member

Definitely on the radar but not this week, none of my mid rooks have peaked yet. Whereas L.Thompson and Tappy are ready to be moved on.

4. GeneralHodge

GeneralHodge New Member

It's between GAJ, Boyd, Mundy, Montagna for me. Have no idea which one it will be in 2 weeks though.

5. silacious

silacious New Member

I'm getting GAJ this week, his BE is pretty gettable this week, just conerned he may start increasing in value. I can pick up the other premium mids later as not many will be around 550K

6. Bundybastard

Bundybastard New Member

With the amount of attention that his going to get against Geelong Im actually having doubts that he will score more then 83, but I think the further into the season goes the better his scores will be

7. hippy

hippy New Member

@General. Good point. Ablett is a drawcard. He'll play.
    @Thommo. Go Fyfe. Bye in non-league round (not in finals). No injury clouds. Still performing well. Has hair.

8. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

Be cautious with Mundy and Fyfe without Sandilands there!

9. ThommoDees

ThommoDees New Member

@hippy

Yeah I was leaning towards Fyfe, but a little wary with Sandi out, as Nick suggests. I'll be watching both Chappy and Fyfe with interest this week. JB is another i'll be watching...

I'm also very tempted to trade Sandi into Bailey for the extra cash and pass on Lynch. I can then trade Tappy next week for Mzungu....

10. faz_2000

faz_2000 New Member

I'm getting on-board GAJ this week. I'll back him to at least hit his BE against the Cats because he's that damn good. Could get a few cheap frees, too.

I also do not think GAJ being rested late in the year is a high risk. At the Cats, when they had all but sewn up the minor premiership, etc, it made sense to give him a rest so he was cherry-ripe for finals. At GC, he's the skipper of a young team. No matter how sore he gets, he needs to be out there leading them. No finals to get ready for, either.

I'm gonna ride GAJ down the final straight this season, flogging him all the way!

11. DC

DC Member

I just want him in my the team just to cheer on the champ lol..

Happy to ride out 90-150 each week ;)

12. melbandy

melbandy Active Member

I was ready to bring him in but...
    After looking at the matches they have to come, they are in for some serious pain. Cats x2, Swans, Tigers, Pies, Hawks & toughening up saints, lions.
    Don't know if he'll be a must have. Why do I do this to myself? Shouldn't I just get him?

13. DC

DC Member

He is not a must have but if he does well this week against the cats he will come into a lot of teams

14. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

I'm not worried about GAJ getting rested I'm more worried that his niggling injuries will come back to bite us. Usually misses a few here and there.

15. DC

DC Member

cough chappy cough - coaches still pick him up

16. cfcman5

cfcman5 New Member

R.E: fryzie....
    take out the 195 fluke and he averages 102.. factor in the injury troubles and the fact his team sucks and will get worse later in the year when fatigue kicks in with all the kids (about the time league finals will be played) and id say at 528k there are beta options out there... but ey thats jus the negative view...
    mundy/selwood/pendles safer options if u dun have them..

17. CJ22

CJ22 New Member

Ablett's 195 was certainly no fluke. That was the best first quarter anyone has ever played in my opinion and he closed the game as he has done in the past. GC are getting better not worse. The rotation policy insures that kids get a rest and there are a plethora avaliable so fatigue unlikely to have too much of an affect. Kids get better with every game and AFL experience and gel together as a team, they are improving.

18. Jet

Jet Member

Good points cj22 and cfcman.
    Think I'm jumping on Hodge, although ablett has been the plan the whole time. I haven't bought the right guy in yet so no doubt hodge will get an 80 and Ablett 150.
    Can definitely see ablett picking up some free kicks from Stevie J.

19. Whyt_ee

Whyt_ee New Member

<blockquote>Quote from cfcman5 on May 26, 2011, 12:30
    R.E: fryzie....
    take out the 195 fluke and he averages 102.. </blockquote>

Cough cough LOL, Brownlow fluke, 2 cups fluke. LOL.

Best player in the game!

20. ThommoDees

ThommoDees New Member

<blockquote>Quote from faz_2000 on May 26, 2011, 10:32
    I'm getting on-board GAJ this week. I'll back him to at least hit his BE against the Cats because he's that damn good. Could get a few cheap frees, too.

I also do not think GAJ being rested late in the year is a high risk. At the Cats, when they had all but sewn up the minor premiership, etc, it made sense to give him a rest so he was cherry-ripe for finals. At GC, he's the skipper of a young team. No matter how sore he gets, he needs to be out there leading them. No finals to get ready for, either.

I'm gonna ride GAJ down the final straight this season, flogging him all the way!

</blockquote>

My thoughts exactly! :)