Dane Swan out for 2-3 weeks???

Discussion in 'AFL' started by stkildathunda, May 24, 2011.

1. torcida

torcida Member

gotta luv paul roos - http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/sport/paul-roos-defiant-despite-andrew-demetrious-warning/story-e6frg7mf-1226062999770

think as a coach he never cared what everyone else was thinking . need more ppl like him . hope he decides to coach again next yr

2. Midge001

Midge001 Member

Geoff Walsh on Swan:
    http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/sore-swan-right-to-play/story-e6frf9io-1226063207444?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+HeraldSunAfl+%28Herald+Sun+|+AFL%29

3. Midge001

Midge001 Member

@Torcida spot on about Roos. Demetious is kidding himself if he thinks he can convince anybody that running out to an injured 15 year old is the wrong thing to do.

4. torcida

torcida Member

use to coach kids and its not like u got 5 medics or trainers running around u gotta help them out urself.
    i think everyone else wouldve done or should do the same thing as long as their run to some1 aid

5. clackerz

clackerz Member

I think Roos problem - and this should be the focus of the AFL in regards to grass roots footy - is that he had NO TRAINERS!
    This is a big no-no. There should be a trainer at all times and they should have a cert.2 in 1st Aid at minimum.
    These are the guys that are to tend to an injured player at all times.
    What if Roos doesn't have a cert.in 1st aid and goes out and tries to assist, and makes things worse?
    Also I think the other issue is that he went across to the oppositions huddle and demanded answers....

6. silacious

silacious New Member

it's not like Roos was going on the field to bash up a kid, like some over zealous parents

7. demonspud

demonspud Member

Don't think we have the full story. If he was just running out to aid his player, then there should be no issues with this.

However, it was said he confronted the opposition team asking 'Who did this?' as well as communicating with Newtown's runner. This has the issues.

8. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

Ummm....isn't this a thread about Dane Swan?

Is it all smoke and mirrors from Micky Milkshake to get the hard tag onto Pendles and let Swan run free?

9. silacious

silacious New Member

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/sore-swan-right-to-play/comments-e6frf9io-1226063207444

I reckon swan will be a late withdrawal this week. he walked laps at training only. I might bench him and put a MPP in his spot just incase

10. Fez

Fez Moderator

Swan hasnt missed a game in 4 1/2 years so i bet he'll be doing everything in his power to play..

11. Jet

Jet Member

Ive got a different take on all this.
    It seems to me that Malthouse and Collingwood are so against the 'sub rule' that they do anything they can to bring attention to it. Crazy stories like this just give him more of a chance to explain to everyone hom much 'increased stress' all the players are now under. No one wants these stars missing games, not even the afl so hopefully next year we get 4 on the bench with a sub.

12. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

Interesting bit about Swan on superfooty today. Really sounds like Swan will miss or if he does will be subbed off.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...-about-dane-swan/story-e6frf9jf-1226063723882

<blockquote>DANE Swan is likely to miss his first game in almost five years this weekend.

The dual All-Australian and winner of the past three Copeland trophies missed training on Tuesday and walked laps at the main session at Gosch's Paddock today, putting him in serious doubt for Sunday's MCG showdown with West Coast.

Midfielder Swan, 26, who finished last Sunday's game with a heavily strapped thigh and suffered a corky in the opposite leg, was named in the 25-man squad, but he is clearly struggling to be fit for the game.

If Swan doesn't play, it will be the first game he has missed since Round 12, 2006 - a streak of 119 senior appearances.

Coach Mick Malthouse was asked before training yesterday whether Swan would play, but his answer deliberately left no one the wiser.

"Players who can play, but are restricted, are in the majority," Malthouse said.

"At our football club we will not play players under any circumstances who aren't able to play, regardless of how important the game is, who we're playing or what we're doing.

"So Dane is like seven or eight players - able to play but slightly restricted. As far as I'm aware he will play.

"(But) we play Sunday. The reason why we've got this (press conference) here is so I don't have to tell any fibs.

"If I do it after training and you ask me, then I've got to make something up, which I don't want to do.

"So I can say to you now, if they don't train today, it's no significance to us, as history has shown. We don't require players on the training track to say they are fit."</blockquote>

13. J_in_Japan

J_in_Japan New Member

Not quite as kooky as the 'bread' comments but still out there all the same. Might be important to have a good E on the mid line this week.

14. THESALT

THESALT New Member

@Jet & Gkok

Im with you...Malthouse is a cagey bugger, either the inj is worse than expected and he's covering it up, or its not that bad and he's looking for an advatage. I never can tell with Mick, only that he's always up to something hahhaa

15. way2serious

way2serious New Member

Final teams are up and swan named to start in centre

16. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

Still doesnt mean he wont be a late withdrawel. Dont think anyone expected him to be dropped from the team today...

17. way2serious

way2serious New Member

Yeh just saying, i have coverage for him anyway so im not to fust what happens with so many teams having him. Just not gonna put the C on him

18. Markaninos

Markaninos New Member

well my opponent this week bought swan in and put the C on him while i bought in pav and put the C on J. Selwood

19. Trulla

Trulla New Member

Swan will play and even if he gets subbed, he will still pull a decent score.

20. snoz

snoz Moderator

Not sure about others, but after Harris's 31 I'm PRAYING he aint a late w/d