Jobe Watson - Trade or not?

Discussion in 'AFL' started by MrNOYFB, May 28, 2011.

1. MrNOYFB

MrNOYFB New Member

I've got Jobe Watson sitting on the bench at 512k. He's expected return has been pushed back a week to rd-13.

I have 11 trades left and my team currently looks like this:

Backline Starters
    B.Delidio, B.Goddard, B.Gibbs, L.Thompson, N.Lower, B.Broughton, N.Duigan

Backline Bench
    (D.Heppell, S.Tape, C.Pederson)

Midfield Starters
    S.Pendlebury, J.Selwood, C.Judd, S.Thompson, C.Sylvia, D.Kerr

Midfield Bench
    (J.Watson, S.Iles, B.Jacobs)

Forward Starters
    P.Chapman, M.Pavlich, A.Goodes, N.Riewoldt, C.Rioli, J.Darling, T.Lynch

Forward Bench
    (S.McKernan, C.Richardson, T.Mzungu)

My overall ranking in 16,661 so I'm not going for the overall win, just looking to win my league comps.

Should I hold on to J.Watson until rd-13, or should I trade him sideways for another premium midfielder?

2. Razza

Razza New Member

looks like you have enough premiums in the midfield, I would be looking to downgrade watson and upgrade somewhere else.
    11 trades left is a little concerning tho...

3. Sainter

Sainter New Member

@MrNOYFB

I think you should keep him if what James Hird said was true, he said Hurley and Watson were certainties for round 11, it looks like you have a fairly strong midfield, unless you have sylvia mpp covering for watson, but till good midfield, you could then downgrade watson and use the cash elsewhere....

4. Trulla

Trulla New Member

Do not trade, however as your Midfield shows you are quite strong in that area..depends if you want and average score in mids..If you kept Jobe and pulled him off the pine who would you bench when he comes back. That may be your answer.

5. crew

crew New Member

I sacked him for Mundy...........Figured this year I'm not waiting more than 2 weeks for any player. Nothing worse than carrying someone through injury only for them to spud up and burn you a second time. Not a flawless theory but one I'm using this year to see how it works.

6. Vic_Bitter

Vic_Bitter New Member

if watson is not back to round 13, use the $$ to upgrade your backline... btw i traded watson out last week for selwood... watson has been good though...