Round 11 - Trades

Discussion in 'AFL' started by Sainter, May 30, 2011.

1. HotPiesColdDrinks

HotPiesColdDrinks Member

Not sure this week. Mzungu will be coming in, and it will be either in my midfield or forward line, depending if I make my upgrade prem to my last forward position.

Prem forward vs prem midfield this week

Mind you, if I go a forward I will be putting him in the midfield temorarily as I am choosing between F/M players and are out of Sylvia, Chapman and Fyfe.
    The just before Collingwood's next bye, I will switch Krakouer into the midfield and upgrade him, and move my forward into position to complete my forward line.

Midfield:
    Pendlebury, Swan, Judd, Selwood, Libba, Harris (Heppell, Conca, Wallis)

Forward:
    Franklin, Pavlich, Goodes, J. Riewoldt, N. Riewoldt, Rioli, Krakouer (Darling, Matera, Lynch)

Now this week, I'm not sure whether I will upgrade with a forward or a true midfielder.

Option 1:
    Conca > Mzungu
    Matera > Chapman/Fyfe/Sylvia

If I go option 1, who is the man for the last position in my forward line?

For weeks, it was going to be Chapman, but he seems to be struggling, not sure if he has a niggling injury? He also has the slight injury risk. So he isn't a clear cut pick for me now.
    Fyfe looks like a good option, was quiet last week, will he struggle without Sandilands there?
    Plus, I have Pavlich, Sandilands (still on my bench and will hold him), Lower and Broughton. Though Lower could go at some stage.
    Now not sure about Sylvia, he has become another option for me.

Option 2:
    Matera > Mzungu
    Conca > Boyd/Ablett/Priddis/S.Thompson

How about the midfield upgrade? I have had my eye on Boyd for a while, though Ablett, Priddis and Thompson are option. I feel safest with Boyd, and while Thompson has been in ripper form and has backed it up, something still worries me about choosing him for some reason.
    I'm leaning towards Boyd if I go this way though.

Summary:
    Midfield or forward upgrade? Which guy?

2. HotPiesColdDrinks

HotPiesColdDrinks Member

Actually, could cash in on Libba this week rather than Conca. Not sure yet, though it looks like Libba's break even is exteremly high, and will bleed more cash next week.

3. DC

DC Member

<blockquote>Quote from jkvel1 on May 30, 2011, 08:13
    darling to mzungu
    Libba to boyd.

done</blockquote>

Moving on Darling is a big call playing GC this week as well

4. bama

bama Active Member

Harris to Mzungu and Batchelor to Adcock for me this week.

5. a_kampf

a_kampf New Member

reply to hotpie and cold drinks

trade ablett this week. much better choice than boyd.

ablett has both his byes out of the way and is looking to be reaching peak form.

i wish i could get him in my team, he will be an absolute gun for the remaining games

6. mo_cheeks

mo_cheeks New Member

I had planned on going Swallow to Mzungu and Tapscott to Pav. But based on Harris insipid performance I might go Swallow to Mzungu and Harris to Hodge.

Hodge is up and about and Pav's price should dip a little more so I can pick him up next week with Tapscott and Matera. It will look like this:

Gibbs, Goddard, Lids, Fisher, Shaw, Lower, Heppell (Jacobs, Markovic, Pedersen)

Selwood, Boyd, Mundy, Boak, Swan, Hodge (Iles, Hibberd, Mzungu)

Cox, Smith (Sandi, Campbell)

Franklin, N Roo, Harvey, Goodes, Fyfe, Darling, Krak (Tapscott, Matera, I Smith)

7. BlueBoysRule

BlueBoysRule New Member

I am looking to Trade out Matera for Mzunga and then upgrade Libba to another premium?

Should I go Ablett or Thompson. My only concern with Ablett is he has a harder draw than Thompson?

Thoughts people?

8. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

As most, I will be going Matera to Mzungu, and then upgrading Krak to my last midfield spot.

Like most, its all about to whom!

Picked up Hodge last week cheap as chips which I'm extremely happy about. Don't want Ablett, regardless of bye situation.

So its out of Thompson, Boyd, Mundy, Murphy.

Mundy I'm worried about the lack of Sandi, even though he scored decently last week.

Boyd has always been the front runner for the spot. Mr consistent and stills cracks 110 when the dogs lose heavily.

Thompson I like as well, and seems untaggable. However in a team lacking stars maybe he has too much to shoulder? Good bye placement too.

Murphy has come out of the woodwork in the last 2 games. In a purple patch but will it last or will he drop off? Will never get no. 1 tag and Blues are firing. Could be a good POD.

I think its between Boyd and Thommo for me. Anyone else got anything else to split them?

9. TopHeavy

TopHeavy Member

Only 10 trades left, so none for me. Got some injuries due back next week, so just need to hold out until then.

I currently have

Enright, Delidio, Adcock, Lower, Goddard, Gibbs, L Thompson (McKernan, Otten, Toy)

Selwood, Watson, Swan, Mundy, Foley, Hodge (Heppell, Harris, Iles)

Petrie, Bailey (Jamar, Sandilands)

Goodes, Franklin, NRoo, Stevie J, Hardingham, A Krakouer, Darling (Tappy, Siposs, J Tippet)

10. silacious

silacious New Member

same here not sure. Sandy down to Vardy for the cash, but no sure if i get Adcock or Fisher for last Def spot. Need to get Scott Thompson for last mid also. Not sure weather to get last mid and be done with it. I can always get adcock or Fisher next week

11. gussy

gussy New Member

Currently running:

B - Goddard, Lids, Broughton, Shaw, Adcock, Hurley, Heppel (Buckley, Guthrie, McGovern)

M - Hodge, Selwood, Mundy, Monty, Stanton, Rischitelli (Hibberd, Iles, I.Smith)

R - Sandi, Cox (Z.Smith, McCauley)

F - Buddy, Pav, Roo, Petrie, Matera, T.Lynch, Darling (Siposs, Richardson, Talia)

Thinking of moving Richardson/Talia to Mzungu for some bench cover, and upgrading Matera to a prem (Chappy, Sylvia, Fyfe, etc).
    Alternative is to go Matera > Mzungu and upgrade Darling > Prem, but I think Darling has a few more weeks of positive cash movement in him...

Movements over the coming weeks will be Hurley > Scotland/Gibbs/Fisher, Stanton > Ablett/Judd/Murphy/Thompson, and a Darling/Petrie > prem move. This should remove a few bombers for the rnd 24 bye.

Thoughts?

12. apolis

apolis New Member

Anyone know what's going on with Ian Callinan?

13. WLF

WLF New Member

Bewick OUT
    Mzunga IN

Batchelor OUT
    Adcock IN

14. dean771

dean771 New Member

B- Goddard, Lids, Shaw, Enright, Gibs, Heppel, Lower, (Toy, L Thompson, Poo)

M- Swan, Boyd, Sellwood, Montag, Ablett, Sylvia,( Harris, Bewick, Hibbard)

R Cox, Smith (Sandi, Hale)

F Buddy, Pav, J Roo, N Roo, Goodes, Petrie, Darling, (Lynch, Matera, Richardson)

Thinking Matera -> mzungu is 99&#37; locked in (and move sylvia foward

Maybe Thompson -> Addcock ? Maybe nothing maybe get Hodge

85K banked

15. Rufus

Rufus New Member

I have the exact money to go
    Tappy -> Tzungu
    Libba -> Mundy

Exactly. Literally &#36;0.
    It was meant to be!

16. ThommoDees

ThommoDees New Member

<blockquote>Quote from mjcdons on May 30, 2011, 08:10
    Ruck dilemma.

R: Sandi, Petrie, Z Smith, Fraser.

I need to downgrade Fraser, so I can upgrade Petrie or Smith to cox.

Should I bring in Bailey or Vardy? Any other cheap rucks I am missing?</blockquote>

Andrew Browne from Tiges is the other Ruckman to consider, but he's &#36;160K.

Out of Bailey and Vardy, I would say Bailey would have better JS, but is risky with his injury record.

17. dean771

dean771 New Member

Not a huge risk, he probably wont ever be on the ground anyway. And if cox, petrie or smith go down before sandi returns lots of other people will be in the same position as you

18. dazza71

dazza71 New Member

Sandilands is a bit of a worry, especially if u remember last year, dockers will rush him back as they did last year and it didnt work, with smith and cox there and maybe a trade to J. Tippet (Gold Coast) to use petrie as a swinger from fwd to ruck if needed for those of us that have him in forward line, will free up some cash, its only monday but what do others think?

19. Mattoc

Mattoc New Member

OUT: D Harris --> IN: T.Mzungu
    OUT: T.Liberatore -> IN: S.Thompson

then a double upgrade in the back half next week.

thoughts would be appreciated.

20. dean771

dean771 New Member

<blockquote>OUT: D Harris --> IN: T.Mzungu</blockquote>
    Maybe, as long as you are making the most out of his DPP