Round 11 - Trades

Discussion in 'AFL' started by Sainter, May 30, 2011.

1. Shenanigans

Shenanigans New Member

No issues with tiges - only lids. The only line not done is fwd. I may do one more def trade (maybe fisher), but only if I have a good run injury-wise over the next 2-3 weeks

2. MoussaR

MoussaR New Member

What can I say guys was vey disappointed! Sometimes this game shits me to the wall! I wonder if I could ever watch a game without checking sc scores every qtr?

3. Sainterz12

Sainterz12 Member

All the rave this week is about Mzungu, but after him who else is there for viable downgrade targets? I'll probably need 1, maybe 2 more downgrades after that.

If Ian Callinan comes back he will be a certain downgrade (hopefully the week after even), but is there anyone else we should have our eye on?

4. weazel

weazel Member

on an sort of related note good to see michael barlow will make a return this week in the twos. it could effect fyfe mundy pavs scoring if and or when he makes it back into the dockers side.

5. mjcdons

mjcdons New Member

Good call Sainterz12.

Anyone know of a defensive downgrade coming up? I need to offload L Thompson.

6. JPK

JPK Moderator Staff Member

@mjcdons - jump on the tats page, and search for "fresh meat" and "defenders". There's a list of a few players, some good rookies at 125k (Coad) or below, it just depends on how often they actually play. Cam Pedersen and Luke Delaney from North could be worth a look, as could Matthew Watson (Blues), Christian Howard (dogs), Cam Guthrie (cats), Joe Daye (GC), Dan Nicholson (Dees), and Will Johnson (STK)... but again, it depends on if you trust them to get a game.

7. Tigerman

Tigerman New Member

@weazel: I'm worried about that too. I'm trying to decide between completing my mids with Scott Thompson or Mundy.
    Already got Swan, Pendles, Judd, Selwood and Montagna.
    Leaning towards Thompson at the moment because of the Crow's cheap run home (despite their awful form). Any thoughts?

8. jathkel

jathkel New Member

Any love for Embley? Finally fit and in good form.

9. clackerz

clackerz Member

I'm not sure if I'm trading at all this week!

I know, I know, trade aggressively at this stage....and I have been.

But even though I've been climbing the ranks - made it to 4000 overall this week (been climbing an average of 3000 places for the last few weeks), I'm still no closer to the lead - always around 1000-1100 behind.

So it's league for me and I've got the 'bye' this week. The guy I'm playing is averaging 1500.

If I do trade it will be to bring in Mzungu.

I'm down to 13 trades.

10. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

@ JPK - Coad ripped his hammy off the bone and will be out for a while still.

Thats why many jumped on Jacobs as they saw him as the last forseeable defensive downgrade. I'm sure more will pop up but there isn't much on the horizon.

There are better options in mids and fwds currently.

11. Triza

Triza New Member

This week will most likely go:

Matera -> Mzungu
    Harris -> Hodge

Hodge to cheap to pass up imo, this means my midfield will be complete!

12. Corks

Corks Member

How many trades do most people have left?

I have 12 left, and 3 upgrades required to complete my GnR strategy. Thinking I'll burn 3 more in next 2 weeks to get Boyd into the mids, which will leave Lower and Darling as my only 2 non Premium / should be premium players. But concerned about leaving myself ony 9 trades from halfway through the season.

Thoughts?

13. The_General

The_General Member

corks,

I have 14 left and 5 upgrades to make. Not satisfied with leaving Darling and Heppell or Petrie or Lower on the field.

I have the same issue regarding how many trades to continue to burn.

14. Senator96

Senator96 Active Member

have to bring in mzungu for me providing he holds his place harvey was fuming after that game but just going on his stats he must have done okay. desperatly need to active the forward/mid mpp so thats a no brainer really and we've seen over the last two weeks that isaac smiths JS is no good.

had considered keeping harris for a while but his pathetic performance on the weekend has made me think he'll get the chop for ablett. im willing to take the risk on ablett personally no more byes and low BE make almost make it now or never, i'll wait for pendals until after their bye in a couple of weeks.

so a double in the mids liberatore-mzunga and harris-ablett. hopefully with hunt getting rubbed out it will allow toy to come back into the side, he hasnt fattened up nearly enough and my patience is wearing thin!

15. Tino

Tino Member

Daniel Cross needs a bullet I think.

Might (semi)-upgrade him to Hodge. I know that sideways trades are strongly frowned upon, but the Dogs are only going in one direction this year.

Plus, I nearly threw my laptop through my TV screen when I saw him go to tag Mitchell on the w/e.

16. DC

DC Member

Matera not playing this week so no one will really need to rush him out.. Just yet....

17. DC

DC Member

<blockquote>Quote from Tino on May 31, 2011, 10:56
    Daniel Cross needs a bullet I think.

Might (semi)-upgrade him to Hodge. I know that sideways trades are strongly frowned upon, but the Dogs are only going in one direction this year.

Plus, I nearly threw my laptop through my TV screen when I saw him go to tag Mitchell on the w/e.</blockquote>

Oh. So that explains why Mitchell had 20 touches in the first half and only 6 for the rest of the game...

18. HotPiesColdDrinks

HotPiesColdDrinks Member

Gah, I think I decided I will bring in a prem midfield this week, instead of a forward.

I was thinking:
    Mzungu > Matera
    Boyd > Conca/Libba/Harris

Not sure which midfield cow I should kill. I still got Heppell in my midfield, but will keep him for a while.

Now I think I like Boyd as a midfield, I think I decided I will go with him rather than Ablett, Thompson or Priddis. But now at the price Hodge is at, he has now entered into my head and thinking if I should try get Hodge at this price.

Hodge was a dead set lock for me at the start of the season, but the the achillies and that, I turned off him and he never entered my plans again until now.
    Still deciding if I will change plan and go with Hodge, or just stick with Boyd. After Boyd, I will have one more position for a premium upgrade, so I still have one more spot in there after this week.

19. HotPiesColdDrinks

HotPiesColdDrinks Member

Since this post, I have thought about Thompson again, haha. I think I might wait on Hodge, but Thompson...I'm a little worried to jump on him for some reason, but don't know if many will have him, especially in my league.

20. BrennyC

BrennyC New Member

I'm thinking of doing something completely insane...

Dropping Sandilands, then over the next two weeks...

Duigan > Scotland/Shaw
    Liba > Boyd
    Krak > Pavlich.

Dropping Sandilands will allow me to get all three and those 3 pickups are a bigger upgrade than what 1 Sandilands will give me.

Am I insane to even consider it???