Freo Overkill?

Discussion in 'AFL' started by weedoo, May 31, 2011.

1. weedoo

weedoo Guest

Keep in mind I am only going for league, so covering during Freo's bye isn't my issue, but do you think it would be too much to have 4 Fremantle guns in my side come finals, plus one on the bench. Currently I only have Sandilands and Fyfe, but I am bringing in Mzungu this week and although he won't start for me, I am also wanting either Mundy in the mids or Pavlich up forward. Mundy is by far the most reliable and best priced midfielder at the moment to complete my midfield, but Pavlich is also by far the best forward that I don't have and is extremely consistent, so he is almost a must have. Is it at all overkill to have all all 4 of Sandilands, Fyfe, Mundy and Pavlich in my side come finals. And Mzungu covering any injuries aswell. Is it unrealistic and stupid to bank on all of them playing well enough to win me the league? I can imagine a few of you are in the same situation so let me know your thoughts!

2. MoussaR

MoussaR New Member

They have a difficult sc fnals run dont they? I'd be loading on hawthorn Adelaide or even Melbourne players. Just a thought

3. weedoo

weedoo Guest

If it's not Mundy and/or Pavlich, it's Boyd and/or Sylvia. They have Carlton at home, North at Etihad, Collingwood at home and Doggies at Etihad. Not the easiest finals games but tbh both Mundy and Pavlich are pretty good for 95+ at the least wherever and whoever they play.

4. MoussaR

MoussaR New Member

How about sam Mitchell ?

5. MoussaR

MoussaR New Member

If it's about league sc finals wins you would have to consider him. He will be my last sc mid upgrade and completely under the radar atm

6. weedoo

weedoo Guest

Already have Hodge, Franklin and Rioli, and I.Smith on the bench. And yes I realize this is the same scenario but Mundy and Pavlich are better players than Mitchell.

7. MoussaR

MoussaR New Member

Indeed they are...

8. MoussaR

MoussaR New Member

I have many free players myself, as I went for league strategy early (money leagues) in hindsight though I think picking the best match ups come sc finals would be the better strategy if your up there

9. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

I don't think having all those Freo players would be a problem for league wins. It could even give you an edge over your competitors. All 4 will finish in the top 7 of their position so you'd want them in!

10. DC

DC Member

Agree with Nick 100%

11. Woody

Woody New Member

I've done the same thing; loading up on players who have mulit-byes or have had their byes already. Gold Coast players are gold now, as are Melb, Bris and Syd, Coll after round 13, Richmond after this round. I've tried to set it up so that I only have Scotland, A Swallow and Enright as premiums to worry about during SC finals. The way Freo looks at the moment makes me nervous though - you have to get in the finals to make it work!

12. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

Sounds like a plan. Bring Broughton and Duffield into DEF as well, and stick Lower on the bench.
    Hard to leave Fyfe out.