Round 11 - Trades

Discussion in 'AFL' started by Sainter, May 30, 2011.

1. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

Go Hodge or Thompson now HotPies, and then Boyd in a week or two.

2. The_General

The_General Member

Not insane at all to drop sandi over the next couple of weeks. Not this week as Mzungu is on the bubble, but next week is looking like the time to do it. Then a double upgrade the following week.

3. BrennyC

BrennyC New Member

So drop Sandi this week and maybe get Mzungu this week... Then next week a double upgrade?

I 100% need to downgrade Liba this week as he is going to plummet in price. So that's done either way.

4. torcida

torcida Member

BrennyC i thought about it for about 2 secs ;)
    if i was gonna drop sandi that wouldve been last week or this.
    if u drop him next week hes gonna be back before u have chance 2 use that money . imo anyway ... 2 many rookies on the bubble last week and this for me couldnt miss out on mzungu and jacobs...
    if u havent got many rookies ready to offload sandi out would be the way to go

5. The_General

The_General Member

If all you care about is leagues then yes a double downgrade is a viable option. But then why get rid of Sandi in the first place? Just save the trade.

If your going for overall, double downgrade is a bad idea IMO. One up one down and obviously when you can two up. Two down ruins your momentum. You still only have two premiums over two weeks, but by going 1 up 1 down you get the score of one of those premiums for 2 weeks instead of 1.

6. BrennyC

BrennyC New Member

I'm with you guys now! I should have done it last week. Then I could of had 1 up 1 down this week. Bugger. Good point!

7. taminater

taminater New Member

ok so who gets the chop and why. need to cull 2 of these rookies.

Swallow, Harris, libba.

Libba is really the first to go i think, huge BE will drop lots of cash this week. bit of a tossup for the other 2, harris may not play this week so i guess i may not need to think about it.

thoughts?

8. torcida

torcida Member

lucas wrote article that explains all ups and downs with trading sandi out .
    makes no sense to downgrade sandi if u r makin another downgrade (unless u got 2 easy weeks in league and thats all u care about)...
    that means u would be sittin with 500-600k in the bank over the weekend.
    i stuck with my one up one down (sandi out just a minor hickup) trading him wouldve stuffed up my plans
    (bringin jacobs and mzungu )

taminater - libba and (toss a coin) i would rather keep/play swallow even thought his BE is a bit higher

9. Raiynne

Raiynne New Member

Matera > Mzungu, Libba > Hodge for mine this week.

Bateman out for the Hawks might see Smith getting a run around again as a like for like replacement, surely giving a lot of coaches out there a smile or two.

10. dshaw15

dshaw15 New Member

For all those tempted to upgrade Darling, id suggest holding off for another week due to West Coast playing GC this week, you would expect a healthy score for him. And even in the following weeks against Adelaide and Port Adelaide, might get more bang for your buck by then.

Just curious as to what peoples thoughts on M. Evans vs I. Smith as a downgrade option?
    I see Smith as a player likely to score higher but evans JS seems to be better at the moment, will this change with Bateman out for up to a month? Any inside news on Smiths 'general soreness'?

11. Tino

Tino Member

Need some advice. Going for league: 12 trades / 29,300 in bank.

Def: Shaw, Goddard, Gibbs, Heppell, Enright, Lower, Jacbos (Batchelor, Tape, Toy)

Mid: Pendles, Swan, Selwood, Murphy, Cross, Buckley (Deledio, Prestia, I Smith)

R: Cox, Z Smith (Sandi, Derickx)

F: Buddy, Pav, Fyfe, Goodes, Chappy, Darling, Siposs (JRoo, Pitt, Richardson)

Im really worried about my midfield. Deledio normally plays in my backline with Jacobs/Buckley on the pine.

Biggest concern is D Cross who is playing simply S*** and played a F****** tagging role.

Thoughts on:

1) Toy - Delaney or Pitt - Mzungu
    2) Cross - Hodge/Thompson

12. theclaud

theclaud New Member

BrennyC I traded out Sandilands last week and am going to do the one up (Priddis/Boyd/Thompson/Hodge), one down (Mzungu) this week, then double up next week to almost complete my team.

Its a big risk though. If Sandi comes back and kills it, it'll cost ya big time. But it does free up the cash to get whoever you want.

I just thought that it would probably be 4 weeks and then the bye soon after that so it would be worth it in terms of point on field.

13. dshaw15

dshaw15 New Member

Personally i upgraded for Thompson (assuming its S. Thompson from Adelaide.), hes durable and a big in and under player. Also he has that score of 162 which will be in his average for the next two rounds and continue to push his price up....

My mid now consists of:
    Selwood. Judd. Mundy. Pendles. Thompson. Cotchin. Conca. Harris. Libba.

14. dshaw15

dshaw15 New Member

Just had a closer look, If Thompson continues to hit his projected scores even for just the next two rounds he will go up 50k.

15. snoz

snoz Moderator

dshaw....I'd think it doesnt matter what ST's price will go up once you have him in your side no, he's there for the long haul....I'd hate to think you were considering trading him out again.

16. Whyt_ee

Whyt_ee New Member

<blockquote>Quote from Simonoz on May 31, 2011, 13:43
    dshaw....I'd think it doesnt matter what ST's price will go up once you have him in your side no, he's there for the long haul....I'd hate to think you were considering trading him out again.</blockquote>

Agreed, who do you upgrade a bloke whos avg 119 too. Price doesn't matter. Points!

17. canada_blues

canada_blues New Member

Pretty happy I decided to get S. Thompson in last week.

This week all depends on team selections for me. If no more of my backs are out this week, I'm going Conca and Darling out for Mzungu and Pendles.

If one or more of my defenders misses, I'll probably have to go Duigan and Grimes (Dylan) out for Delaney (?) and probably Adcock.

18. dshaw15

dshaw15 New Member

Simonoz.....
    Certainly not, he is a keeper through and through.

With limited funds in the bank and D. Cross breakeven of 143 he is going to drop another 20k in value further widening the gap between himself and Thompson.
    Simply stating that if possible to do so, and it is what you want i would trade Thompson in sooner rather than later.

19. theclaud

theclaud New Member

@dshaw15 Thompsons price would already be 50k more if it weren't for the 65 pointer he scored against the Dees. Anyone know what happened to him that game?

@walesy if you happen to see this there seems to be some funny business happening with Scott Thompsons Stat page. http://tooserious.net/player_stats.php?&id=424&pcid=13275&name=Scott Thompson

There seems to be a double up of stat for him from round 6 onwards. Appears that there might be another players stat interfering.

20. Tino

Tino Member

<blockquote>Quote from theclaud on May 31, 2011, 13:55
    @dshaw15 Thompsons price would already be 50k more if it weren't for the 65 pointer he scored against the Dees. Anyone know what happened to him that game?

@walesy if you happen to see this there seems to be some funny business happening with Scott Thompsons Stat page. http://tooserious.net/player_stats.php?&id=424&pcid=13275&name=Scott Thompson

There seems to be a double up of stat for him from round 6 onwards. Appears that there might be another players stat interfering.</blockquote>

He was concussed in the Dees game and forced to sit a big part of the game on the pine.

Yeah they said that L Thompsons stats were allocated to Thompson. Seems they haven't fixed it yet but they are aware of it.

Yeah, with my limited funds and D Cross, I wanna get off him as soon as possible and bring Thompson in. Plus he has the triple bye so I dont lose him for league matches.