Round 11 - Trades

Discussion in 'AFL' started by Sainter, May 30, 2011.

1. bama

bama Active Member

Looking at upgrading Batchelor this week, was thing Adcock but have looked Birchall and seems to be in great form. What are peoles thoughts on them 2?

2. alex123

alex123 New Member

Hi guys,

Need a little advice my midfield already consists of boyd, pendles, s thompson and judd. I plan to get swanny after the break. My problem is who should i give the last mid spot too? Going for the league win so priddas, mundy, g ablett or maybe even hodgey...anybody else that i have missed. Please help.

3. BlueBoysRule

BlueBoysRule New Member

Ablett will have a pretty decent price rise after this round so I would get him this week.

4. AndrewW

AndrewW New Member

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/north-melbourne-defender-daniel-pratt-out-with-broken-hand/story-e6frf9jf-1226066613960

Cam Pederson to get a game now?

5. higgins69

higgins69 New Member

if he dont get a game now andy Mr Scott should get the sack bring on the peterson cash cow finally moooiinnn

6. hawks2008

hawks2008 Member

possibly toy > pederson

7. Golingo

Golingo New Member

To upgrade the MID of FWD?

I have one upgrade left to make in my MID (Harris to someone)and assuming I keep Darling for F7, 3 upgrades to make in my FWD (Yarran, Krakouer & Matera).

There seems a lot on offer in MID at the moment - Hodge, Ablett, Thompson or Boyd would all slot into my team nicely.

Meanwhile, the FWD offerings are feeling sparse with a few high BE's for the people I was looking at (Fyfe, Sylvia, ROK, Harvey).

Interested in hearing opinions on upgrading the last MID or strengthening my FWD line.

My current line up is:
    Deledio, Goddard, Shaw, Gibbs, Broughton, Stanley, Heppell (Batchelor, A Otten, Puopolo)

Mundy, Swan, Pendlebury, Murphy, A Swallow, D Harris (Hibberd, Smith, Jacons)

Cox, Smith (Sandilands, Keeffe)

Franklin, Pavlich, N Roo, Darling, Yarran, Krakouer, Matera (Tapscott, T Lynch, Richardson)

edit: Going for league win only.

8. 22nd_best_on_Field

22nd_best_on_Field New Member

@Golingo + others.
    Haven't heard any loving for Rioli?
    Heard he looked good on the week end and is cheap as chips at low 4's
    Any injury concerns I'm missing?

9. weazel

weazel Member

@22nd_best_-on_Field the fact rioli has broken down already this season should be reason enough he is slightly above higgins on the durability scale that said he can score well when he's playing.

10. Tino

Tino Member

@Golingo

I assume you are going for a league win. Hard to give advice w/o trades and bank balance.

But: with Tapscott and Matera injured and Richardson not getting a game, I'd do your forward line to ensure you get some cover. Plus you are also playing 4 rookies/mid pricers (Darling, Yarran, Krak, Matera) every week = too many.

Id look to bring in any of the premium forwards (Boomer, Fyfe, Jroo-not this week, Chapman) and then get a playing rookie on the pine (Mzungu looks like the pick of the bunch atm).

11. Markaninos

Markaninos New Member

anyone know on thompson, if hes getting a hard tag at all, or is it hes getting a tag and its not slowing him down?

12. Golingo

Golingo New Member

@Tino, sorry the missing bits are $524,000 in the bank (double downgrade lynch & jacobs last week) and 14 trades.

One trade this round will be Tapscott or Matera for Mzungu, and then the next 3 to be Premium upgrades.

Thanks for your response :)

13. Tino

Tino Member

<blockquote>Quote from Golingo on May 31, 2011, 19:30
    @Tino, sorry the missing bits are &#36;524,000 in the bank (double downgrade lynch & jacobs last week) and 14 trades.

One trade this round will be Tapscott or Matera for Mzungu, and then the next 3 to be Premium upgrades.

Thanks for your response :)

</blockquote>

&#36;524,000 in the bank!!!! :eek:

You shouldnt be sitting with that much in the bank!?!?!

Double upgrade man! Spending spree time. Buy two premiums this week.

14. hawks2008

hawks2008 Member

<blockquote>Quote from 22nd_best_on_Field on May 31, 2011, 18:37
    @Golingo + others.
    Haven't heard any loving for Rioli?
    Heard he looked good on the week end and is cheap as chips at low 4's
    Any injury concerns I'm missing?</blockquote>

Think some people are worried about clarko saying he wont spend as much time in the midfield after his injury, but is still scoring well.

15. bfish

bfish New Member

Rioli is a risk, with regards to his hammy and Clarko's role change, but anyone that can score 100 from 13 touches should be considered imo.

16. 22nd_best_on_Field

22nd_best_on_Field New Member

Wouldn’t mind some thoughts lads, have 133k in the bank with 12 trades to go.
    Richmond bye hurts me this week (Delidio, Newman, JRoo on the pine) but provided A Enright returns I should have cover (although somewhat less than desirable cover in the backs!).
    My thoughts are Libba for Mzunga - which is basically a “lock trade” (but given lockout isn’t for 48 hours who bloody knows!) that should give me roughly 350k to invest into a premium but I can’t decide who and where! Do I upgrade Harris for my last mid premium (Ablett, Mundy, Hodge, Priddis)? Or improve my forward line with a Stevie J, Pav, Sylvia, Fyfe? Also am giving some though to someone like a Mr. Delicious himself - as a cheaper option (who is still capable of 130+ games) to try and squeeze two upgrades out of my 350k bank).
    Thoughts on options lads?
    LIST:
    BACKS: Fisher, Goddard, Gibbs, Heppell, Enright, Thompson, Puopolo (McKernan, Deledio, Newman)
    MIDS: Pendlebury, Boyd, S. Thompson, Swan, Judd, Harris (Libberatore, Hibbert, Prestia)
    RUCKS: Cox, Smith (Sandi, Derickx)
    FWDS: Franklin, O'Keefe, Goodes , Riewoldt, Darling, Lynch, Smith (Riewoldt, Richardson, Patrick)

17. RickJames

RickJames New Member

22ndBoF
    I think your backline is OK, just get through this week then you've got 2 prems coming back in next week.
    I would go Harris>Mzungu and Libba to Priddis (he's got the GC this week and is good captain material) or otherwise the first downgrade and then Darling to Pav which is one trade I am doing myself this week. Not getting sucked in to holding Darling 1 more week just because he is playing the Suns.

Good luck mate

18. Bundybastard

Bundybastard New Member

If I Smith is playing this week Ill trade Matera for him and Libba for Mzungu. Then next week upgrade Duigan for Newman and upgrade Harris for any mid. Then once Sandi returns Ill downgrade Petrie..I have Tapsott but Im actually going to keep him on me bench, I think his defineatly going to be back in the side once his back from injury and Ill just keep him there as a emergency for the year just incase.

19. gogonz

gogonz New Member

No love for Hodge???

My Mids are;

Swan, Mundy, Priddis, Boyd, Libba, Harris

Hibberd, Prestia, Smith. Obviously some MPP options kept in there but intending on my last two premium mids being Hodge or Ablett and Pendles. Hodge just looks to tasty to resist.

&#36;470k and a BE of 60.

20. swerva3

swerva3 New Member

Righto lads any assitance would be greatly appreciated.
    looking at Tapscott -> Mzungu and then Libba -> Priddis OR Mundy... personally looking favorably on Priddis due to his run at home but Mundy still seems to score well.

That will leave me with 12 trades and this team:

BACKS: Goddard, Gibbs, Heppell, Suckling, Deledio, Newman, Lower (McKernan, B Smith, Stanley)
    MIDS: Pendlebury, Boyd, Priddis/Mundy, Swan, Hodge, Harris (Krakouer, Hibberd, Buckley)
    RUCKS: Cox, Sandi (Smith, J Tippet)
    FWDS: Franklin, Pavlich, Goodes , N Riewoldt, J Riewoldt, S Johnson, Darling, (Matera, A Johnson, Mzungu)

Thinking 3 more premiums, one on each line but hopefully that will not take 6 trades to achieve if i include blokes like Chapman, Didak, Enright, Broughton who have bottomed out. These guys will come good surely! Anyone else i have missed other than Judd/Murphy?