Round 11 - Trades

Discussion in 'AFL' started by Sainter, May 30, 2011.

1. b_frazer5

b_frazer5 New Member

what should i do with this team:
    BACKS: Fisher deledio shaw gibbs suckling goddard lower (thompson Jacobs Toy)
    MIDS: Swan pendlebury murphy mundy cotchin boak (phillips hibberd conca)
    RUCKS: Cox sandi (Smith Mccauley)
    FWDS: Franklin Fyfe SJohnson goodes Jroo Higgins Nroo (Richardson Lynch ISmith)

Got 11 trades, definetely doing Conca to Mzungu but unsure whether to trade higgins or lower...

2. swerva3

swerva3 New Member

b_frazer5 definately keep lower for a few more weeks and boot higgins. How much cash do you have after the trade to mz?

Look at Chapman (bargain) Pav (always solid but due to drop a bit) Sylvia (good in SC finals) or Cyril (cheap) IMO.

3. BennyC88

BennyC88 Member

Matera (out injured) to Mzungu
    or
    Fraser to Bailey (pending his inclusion)

to

Libba to Hodge/Thompson/Priddis
    or
    L.Thompson to Birchell (Defence sort of completed, pending how Lower goes)

4. swerva3

swerva3 New Member

Benny - not sure i understand what you want but definitely the Matera/Libba trades the way to go. Either of the three premium mids look good but probably Hodge/Priddis/Thompson in that order for mine.

5. obleex

obleex New Member

Hi all...

Somehow I have found myself ranked 1,500 overall, so would love some advice on ways to strengthen my def and fwd lines. So far this week I have bought in Pav who will move into the fwd line next week, and upgrade Harvey for another premium mid. I am pretty happy with most of my team although there's quite a bit of dead wood... (13 trades left with 8k)

DEF: HShaw, Adcock, Goddard, Heppell, Lower, Duigan, Puopolo (Deledio, LThompson, Hibberd)

MID: Swan, Pendles, Ablett, Pavlich, Judd, Mundy (Foley, Swallow, Jacobs)

RUCK: Cox, Smith (Sandi, Vickery [to trade out later in the season for a cheapy])

FWD: Franklin, Harvey, Goodes, Johnson Petrie, Darling, Krak (Mzungu, ISmith, Pitt)

I want to get rid of either Duigan or Lower, moving the other to the bench. May downgrade Vickery so as to afford a def premium.

6. swerva3

swerva3 New Member

@obleex
    great position and little wonder with the strength of the midfield - very strong!
    I think Duigan is under a cloud and Lower is going too well to trade just yet...leave another few weeks.
    Def premiums would have to be Scotland or Fisher but consider Enright or Broughton if trying to save cash.

7. quasty

quasty New Member

Would realy appreciate some trade advise.
    Team at present.

Backs, Delidio Goddard Gibbs Broughton Heppell
    Lower Puopolo (Duigan Toy B Jacobs)

Mids, Pendles S Thompson Judd Selwood Watson
    Iles (Krakouer Bewick Hibberd)

Rucks Cox Sandi ( Smith Keeffe )

Fwds Franklin Pav Harvey Goodes Stevie J N Riewoldt
    Darling ( Matera T Lynch C Richardson)
    13 Trades Left and 225K in bank.

This week looking at Krak > Mzungo
    Duigan > Enright
    After these trades bank to be 346K
    Need to trade Watson and Heppell later if i get to GF.

Maybe Darling > Sylvia

Thanks

8. chris88

chris88 1000 Monkeys at 1000 Typewriters Staff Member

Trades really easy for me this week -

Matera out (thanks for your service) and Mzungu in.

Harris out (again, thanks for your efforts) and Scott Thompson in.

Was going to go Hodge instead, but looked at the figures because I wanted a point of difference for my last midfield upgrade.

Hodge in 40K+ teams, Thompson in barely 10K teams. I'll go with Thompson.

But both seem to be good picks.

Midfield now Pendles, Mundy, Judd, Selwood, Watson, Thompson with any one of about 6-10 MPP guys on the bench or in other lines able to fill in where needed.

9. The_General

The_General Member

chris88, there is another thread under Midfielder POD's and while hodge is in more teams overall, he is in less of the top 20 teams than Thompson and I would think that could probably be extrapolated to the top 1000 as well.
    He is cheaper and in a better team so maybe worth another look?

10. HotPiesColdDrinks

HotPiesColdDrinks Member

Yeah, still not sure. I have posted several times in this thread, and Monday I thought I was convinced on Boyd, haha. But figured I would bring him in next week, and get someone else that's on the rise.

I have Swan, Pendles, Judd and Selwood as my premium midfielders. Boyd will most likely have a spot (though not this week). I'm not sure who I will go for, to take my last spot at the moment.

Hodge or Thompson (Pridis could be a small chance).

11. chris88

chris88 1000 Monkeys at 1000 Typewriters Staff Member

General - a fair point on Hodge and Thompson.

I may have to continue thinking on this one!!

12. torcida

torcida Member

any love for s.mitchell ? im thinkin about bringin him in instead of hodge

13. whips

whips New Member

@torcida
    Since Hodge has started to score, Mitchell has gone down. 16ppg diff between the 2 over the last 3 weeks.
    Could be coincidence!

14. Random_Man

Random_Man New Member

Morning All,

Ive been a reader of the forum now for a year and have enjoyed the banter, the good insights and advice on our great game of Supercoach, so thought i'd bite the bullet and join up so I can throw my 2 cents worth in every now and then.

Can i be a bit cheeky and throw my team up for any comments, feedback or advice?

I have 77k in the kittly and 14 trades - my team:

Backs: Shaw, Goodard, Gibbs, Rawlings,Deledio, Lower, Stanley - Puopolo, Hibberd, Toy

Mids : Pendlebury, Bartel, Selwood, Goodes, Ablett, Foley - Conca, Prestia, Bewick

Rucks : Sandilands, Cox - Smith, Bailey

Forwards: Franklin, Pavlich, Fyfe, NRoo, JRoo, Yarran, Darling - Tappscott, Siposs, Matera

Thinking of going: Tapscott to Mzungu and Conca to S.Thompson.....and next week:

Stanley to Newman which will leave me with 11 trades after next week.

Any feedback would be great guys...thanks

15. torcida

torcida Member

could be somethin there mate -
    he started well last week but i think cross went to him.
    everyone seems to be bringin hodge in and i thought i would try somethin diff

16. DC

DC Member

torcida.

I have a feeling that teams will start to tag hodge now that he is spending a lot more time in the middle which will hopefully leave Mitchell free.

Mitchell done nothing after half time and still finished with a lazy 120

Wouldnt mind both... But to risky for me with Franklin Rioli & Mitchell atm..

17. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

Hodge could get tagged but he is still a class act and can pump out large scores regardless. Hawks are having a ridiculous amount of uncontested poessesions through the midfield and backline to help beat opposition's presses, and the SC scores are reflecting according with huge scores to Hodge, Suckling, Guerra etc.

If they continue this tactic, mark+kick combos will continue to allow high scoring from several players.

18. torcida

torcida Member

Random_Man -
    ur side looks ok -
    goodes should be fwd but by bringin mzungu in u will be able to shift goodes fwd next week when foley comes back.
    the only prob i can see is u missed out on jacobs so u havent got def/mid link .
    thumbs up for those trades

19. JPK

JPK Moderator Staff Member

A little help with my mids please. I'm currently sitting on Swan, Bartel, Selwood, Montagna, Embley, Harris (Wright, Prestia, Jacobs). Looking to downgrade Darling to Smith if he plays, and then upgrade Harris to a premium, but I'm stuck on who to go with:

Pendlebury: Have Swan, and wanted to wait until after the bye.
    Thompson: A great scorer and good POD in my league (no-one has him yet), although I already have Embley as a POD.
    Priddis: Great scores but not keen on two Eagles. Mitchell: A good price, good average, and a low of 85.
    Hodge: Wondering if he's worth it, or if Mitchell would be the better Hawk in the long run.

I'm leaning towards Thompson purely for points, but keep coming back to Mitchell to save some extra cash for next week. Any advice would be greatly appreciated - or other options if anyone feels I've missed the obvious...

Cheers all ;)

20. Random_Man

Random_Man New Member

thanks Torcida...appreciate it....definitely pushing Goodes back forward this week once S.Thompson comes in....Matera to the bench.