Round 11 - Trades

Discussion in 'AFL' started by Sainter, May 30, 2011.

1. torcida

torcida Member

@alex - i would move pav fwd and upgrade harris for someone like hodge . got cotchin 2 but there is more upside of upgrading others and leavin him there for the time being.

@ormos - good side there mate but u missed out on mid/fwd link .
    harris > someone like sylvia would allow u to swap him with mzungu and open that link .

2. Peterj

Peterj New Member

Hi all,

Was going to do this last week but didnt have the gonads, have sandi and get the feeling the injury may be a little more than 4 weeks. Was thinking of downgrading him to Tippett so I have a backup in Petrie in the forward line. This would mean I can upgrade my last mid this week and do two more upgrades next week, one back and one forward. The plan would then be to downgrade tapscott to a cheap forward and upgrade zac smith back to sandilands when he resumes.

I am in the top 70 and am 450 behind the leader with 15 trades currently and 30k. The trades would leave my team:

Goddard Deledio Gibbs Shaw Broughton Heppell Lower
    Puopolo Toy Coad
    Swan Judd Boyd Selwood Pendlebury Hodge/Thompson
    Mzungu Jacobs Libaratore
    Cox Smith Tippett McCauley
    Franklin Pavlich Chapman Reiwoldt Goodes Darling Petri
    Matera Tapscott Richardson

I would upgrade Matera and Lower with the cash next week leaving Darling my sub in forward line.

May be crazy getting rid of him, but it could make up ground over the next 3 weeks or potentially more.

Thoughts...

3. Peterj

Peterj New Member

That didnt come out well, sorry:

Hi all, Was going to do this last week but didnt have the gonads, have sandi and get the feeling the injury may be a little more than 4 weeks. Was thinking of downgrading him to Tippett so I have a backup in Petrie in the forward line. This would mean I can upgrade my last mid this week and do two more upgrades next week, one back and one forward. The plan would then be to downgrade tapscott to a cheap forward and upgrade zac smith back to sandilands when he resumes. I am in the top 70 and am 450 behind the leader with 15 trades currently and 30k. The trades would leave my team:

Goddard Deledio Gibbs Shaw Broughton Heppell Lower Puopolo Toy Coad

Swan Judd Boyd Selwood Pendlebury Hodge/Thompson Mzungu Jacobs Libaratore

Cox Smith Tippett McCauley

Franklin Pavlich Chapman Reiwoldt Goodes Darling Petri Matera Tapscott Richardson

I would upgrade Matera and Lower with the cash next week leaving Darling my sub in forward line. May be crazy getting rid of him, but it could make up ground over the next 3 weeks or potentially more. Thoughts...

4. clackerz

clackerz Member

OK so I'm being a Jeckyl and Hyde this week with my trading decisons...

No Trades
    1 Trade (Mckernan>Mzungu)
    2 Trades (McKernan>Mzungu) then (L.Thommo>Scotland/Adcock/Fisher)

I'm tied between these decisions, as I have the 'bye' this week in my cash league (they guy I'm playing averages 1500) so I can win with half my side in.

But I don't want to miss the Mzungu train and it's time to offload McKernan. I can then move him into the mids - swapping with Prestia.

Then my backline needs another 3 premiums in still and L.Thommo needs to go as well.

As for the L.Thommo trade - who to upgrade to? Scotland is probably the obvious one, but I'm not sure on bringing in a Blues player (already have Gibbs) but he does have MPP where the others don't, so he could be moved during the finals and benched that week of their bye.
    Fisher will probably wait until after their 2nd bye.

I'm also looking at either Shaw and Newman - but both after their byes.

I'm down to 13 trades - another reason why I'm thinking of holding off....

Thoughts?

5. clackerz

clackerz Member

@Peterj - If you are going for overall you'll need to get Sandi out. Too many points sitting on the bench.

There was a article last week (or week before maybe) in regards to the best options for the Sandi saga.

However Mummy being out threw a spanner in one of the options....

6. thedaz47

thedaz47 New Member

Thinking it might be time for Zac Smith to moo. A couple of difficult games coming up for him against Cox/NicNat and the Jew.

What are people's thoughts on timing on that one? I have other coverage for Sandilands.

7. Alex_26

Alex_26 New Member

@torcida - Does this sound like a good idea? If i move Pavlich into forward line and put I.Smith(Fwd/Mid link) in the midfield. Then trade Matera for Mzungu and upgrade Harris to Hodge.

Leaving me with a Midfield of Swan,Mundy,Selwood,Ablett,Hodge and Cotchin (I.smith,Buckley,Jacobs)

And a Forward line of Franklin,Pavlich,Chapman,Fyfe,Goodes,Harvey,Petrie (Darling,Tapscott,Mzungu)

8. whips

whips New Member

Is that the same clackerz who wouldn't trade out Watson? LOL

9. Sainterz12

Sainterz12 Member

What options do I have left to get in the forward line if I already have Pav, Goodes, NRoo, Franklin, JRoo?
    Fyfe would've been my no.1 choice but having a multi-bye and already a number of Freo players in my side, I'm deciding against him. Chappy is no.2 but his injury concerns and poor form worry me. 3rd for me is Sylvia but he is too expensive IMO.

Also in the mids, who would be the best choice out of Thompson/Hodge? Thompson is probably more reliable but the cheaper Hodge will influence who I can upgrade next week in my fwds

10. jimbowan

jimbowan Well-Known Member

@clackerz same issue with me looking at D upgardes.

Let me mention #1 is way outta reach for me so going for league wins;

(i have godz, gibbs, enright, broughton)

#1 Adcock - consistent, BRIS has no league byes, had a poor game last week so price looks nice at 443k

#2 Deldio - next week lock him in after his bye!

#3 Fisher - might look to move Heppell to him in the last month or 2 of the season, he has been arguably the best D man.

Scotland - not sold, and he has the league finals bye dilemna, plus i have judd+gibbs already

Shaw - i already have swan and pendles, but he is on the radar, but behind adcock,deledio,fisher for mine.

11. taminater

taminater New Member

ok so i plan to trade out Libba, Swallow and Harris the next 2 weeks, to bring in hodge and S thompson.

i only have $24k in bank, it is going to be real close as to if i will be able to afford those 2 upgrades with only 3 downgrades.

i'm leaning towards swallow, libba for mzungu adn hodge this week then harris to thommo next week. just have to hope harris play alright and thompson has an below avg game.

12. clackerz

clackerz Member

@ whips - sure is LOL!
    I decided to take my losses and drop Watto that week. After serious deliberation with my coaching staff we decided that he was going anyway (plans to make GF and go back-to-back this year - why aim any lower?).

It still pains me that it happened.....

EDIT: I have a saying: "I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure...."

13. whips

whips New Member

Cheers mate, good luck!!

14. Golingo

Golingo New Member

I've settled on:
    Out: Matera, Tapscott
    In: Syliva, Mzungu

Team:
    Shaw, Goddard, Gibbs, Heppell, Broughton, Stanley, Puopolo (Deledio, Batchelor, Otten)

Pendlebury, Mundy, Swan, Murphy, A Swallow, Harris (Hibberd, Jacobs, Smith)

Cox, Smith (Sandilands, Keeffe)

Franklin, Pavlich, Sylvia, N Riewoldt, Darling, Yarran, Krakouer (Lynch, Richardson, Mzungu)

12 trades left once these complete.

15. Vesupria

Vesupria New Member

I have Cox, Smith (Sandilands, Campbell) as my rucks.

I do not have the Petrie / Tippett link obviously and would be a waste of two trades to establish it at this stage. I am down to 11.

I am thinking of trading big Sandi down to Vardy / Bailey or the like and using the spare $450k to upgrade to three premiums elsewhere on the park.

My biggest worries are a) job security of guys like Bailey / Vardy when Smith or Cox miss (round 15, WCE has a bye).

I think the points are definitely better trading Sandi out and upgrading to premiums, but only if I do not get hurt my a donut or two.

Any thoughts or words of wisdom?

16. obleex

obleex New Member

Had something in mind...it's a little out there but was after some opinions on it.

Probably not this round, but was thinking of trading Swan out for Daisy until after Collingwood's second bye, after which, upgrade Foley to Swan again, ultimately leaving me with Thomas, Pendelbury and Swan in the MF with no byes to worry about. Thoughts?

17. damnfunky

damnfunky New Member

I am still thinking about trading out Sandi for the cash and probably bringing him back in later. extra trade I know.

just had a look at the draw....and started thinking about it even more....

anyone think he'll be coming back before the bye in round 16??? I'm not so sure

18. RonBurgundy

RonBurgundy New Member

Not sure if trading out sandi is the best choice given most years in SC rucks are not a big points maker, so I only see wasted trades I have the J tip/ Petrie switch so I won't be tempted too waste trades on rucks, promised myself not too waste those trades on rucks given the limited points available in rucks
    If you have Z. smith I would ride it out better putting those trades too good use in upgrading mids

19. Golingo

Golingo New Member

@RonBurgundy

I agree. Unless you were totally cash starved with no cows moo'ing whatsoever, I think the trades are better spent upgrading elsewhere on the field.

This is from a point of view to win my league. Going for overall may change things somewhat, with wasted points on the bench.

20. damnfunky

damnfunky New Member

yeah i have j tip/petrie and z smith, sandi and cox.

I was doing my trading plan, need 2 do 2 mid upgrades and 1 fwd...and I have plenty of people I'd trade out....otten, mckernan, richardson etc but when I started looking at the downgrade options that are available at the moment they are pretty sh#t.

note I already have the good ones...b jacobs, mzungu...

the downgrade options still available to me seem to not have very much JS...even less than the players I'd be looking to trade out....

i have some thinking to do!